Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
"GO GO GOIN BACK TO TANGIER WITH SOME JORDANS AND A SPEAR," always makes me smile.

I think of MC Ride walking through Naked Lunch, leading the Liberian Tupac Army through the interzone, gangsta as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

RYYSZLA posted:

I hadn't heard of Death Grips til a few weeks ago when I was on a bog standard youtube crawl, I just happened to be in the Black Metal / Crust Punk / Grindcore end of youtube, and was amazed that some "rap" was coming up in the related videos. long story short I listened to The Money Store (still got Get Got in my head) and decided this is more to rap what death metal is to regular metal. It's, dark, it's heavy, and it doesn't give a gently caress. Speaking as a closed-minded metalhead, if all rap was like this, and I wasn't so ignorant about what the rest of the genre sounds like, I would be totally into this all this poo poo, not just Death Grips. There anything similar to this I can get a reccomendation for?

It's not hip hop per say, but you should listen to Atari Teenage Riot.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Kick rear end record. Straight up there with The Money Store in how blown away I am after listening to it.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Tyler's just not the same thing. I'd recommend Atari Teenage Riot, Dalek, and Skinny Puppy to fans of Death Grips.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Forceholy posted:

Early Industrial Skinny Puppy, or Midlife Crisis EDM Skinny Puppy?

Death Grips is it's own thing, but...

The song Scrapyard came to mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgOcFnGaK4g

This also reads a lot like Ogre wrote it, though I prefer Ride by a big margin but on first listen Skinny Puppy was the first like probable influence I heard when these guys came out.

Trips to where, few have been
Out of thin air, upon high winds
Rites begin when the sun descends
Have felt what few will ever know
Have seen the truth beneath the glow,
Of the ebb and flow, where roots of all mysteries grow
I am below, so far below
The bottom line
Transmitting live, transmissions rise
From the depths out of controlled by
Suspended glance of an unblinking eyes
Imminent gaze cast 'pon the path that winds