Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Surprising everyone, they signed a major label deal with Epic (I think) in 2012. Surprising no one, they got kicked off the label by releasing No Love/Deep Web (successor to The Money Store) before even letting the label hear it--with the only album art being a picture of the album title inscribed in Sharpie on someone's dick, no less.

I really love this group. Zach Hill has come up with some of the best beats in the past couple years and Ride is just an unbelievable force of sheer willpower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmoo3CHzjyY

this one gets me hyped up every time. The "i am the god of hellfire" sample is placed so perfectly. Also one of the weirdest "music videos" ever made.

emdash fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Zach Hill, at least, seems committed to the band or the type of music. In interviews he seems more interested in staying in this field than going back to something like Hella. Even if DG did split I bet we'd get some similar project as a result.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

God Of Paradise posted:

"GO GO GOIN BACK TO TANGIER WITH SOME JORDANS AND A SPEAR," always makes me smile.

I think of MC Ride walking through Naked Lunch, leading the Liberian Tupac Army through the interzone, gangsta as gently caress.

drat that's a fantastic mental image

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Khagan posted:

So... Zach Hill just formed Drumgasm with Matt Cameron and Janet Weiss. Is this the untimely end of Death Grips?

Probably not, Zach has done a lot of other weird projects like that and they usually are one-album wonders (see Shred Earthship, Risil, a couple albums with different configurations of Mars Volta people). An all-drum trio is pretty much at the opposite end of marketability from Death Grips, too. But who knows, I hope to see some interviews about the new group.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Okay, I initially read "law officer" which I'm pretty sure is what the poster meant, but "law office" is loving hilarious and how do you pull up to one going 20 over

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
hahahaha

I like the new album a lot, can't help bobbin my head to it which is all I really ask from DG

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
dalek used to have amazing live shows, don't know if they still tour but they're worth seeing if so.

(even better when they had Still doing vinyl during their sets in like 2004 or something)

emdash fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 21, 2014

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Haha this is great

I enjoyed the new album, I think I like exmilitary the most but it's hard to match the impact of hearing that for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
five mins ago, dg Facebook updates saying they have a new double album coming out

I can't get to thirdworlds so I have no idea on any more info

emdash fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 10, 2014

• Locked thread