Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

D Lambent posted:

What is the best way to start with TEW? I love EWR and I'm really, really good at it.. but I have no idea where to begin with TEW 2013. Booking WWE is so loving daunting. I tried starting unemployed but I'm 2 months in and I haven't had a single bite on anywhere I applied and I'm basically just simming through weeks and reading news stories from HoH and Hollywood Wrestling that I don't give a poo poo about.

I just tried to start a game with a made-up company and I haven't really dove into that yet, but I may mess with it when I get home.

Best place to start? Anyone?

Booking ROH has been fun. I've done surprisingly well, bringing them up to Cult size. Currently, ROH PPVs almost sell out the IZOD Center, and TV draws about 8000 in the Tri State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

John Cena posted:

Apparently there won't be custom music on the PS4/XBONE versions due to an inability of those systems to rip music.

Well, that's a dealbreaker for getting a PS4 yet if true. (Also :wtc:)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

2k15 physics i hope!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

simosimo posted:

2k15 physics i hope!
That Ziggler. Always overselling to make his opponent look good :)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
For TEW, either start with a company that has very little TV time to start your own company. WWE and TNA are too much to handle most of the time but a small company rising is where the fun is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

I Before E posted:

Booking ROH has been fun. I've done surprisingly well, bringing them up to Cult size. Currently, ROH PPVs almost sell out the IZOD Center, and TV draws about 8000 in the Tri State.

The game breaks a bit for me when you have a small fed with a TV show. Your guys get pissed off that they're not on it, but it's only 60 mins so I can only fit so many people on there!

The only solution I found was to make a brand split, and put some guys on a TV roster so the non-TV roster guys don't expect to be booked on TV.

Also booking weekly TV with a fed that doesn't allow you to sign guys to written contracts annoys me.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

simosimo posted:

2k15 physics i hope!

pictured here is swagger giving dolph another concussion.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they still haven't talked about how many pyro spots you can have in entrance creation. I want lots, dammit.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Bad News Barrett on Twitter posted:

Heading to the @IGN HQ in San Francisco today to talk some #WWE2K15! Gonna be a fun day! @WWEgames

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sweet, Barrett's gonna read the list of features that won't make it to release!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

coconono posted:

Sweet, Barrett's gonna read the list of features that won't make it to release!
"I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS: there will NOT be a ginger slapping minigame"

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I hope he announces that his podium will be in the game, and it's an option for CAW's.

For VGCW fans we can look forward to Jensen's augmented podium :v:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

The game breaks a bit for me when you have a small fed with a TV show. Your guys get pissed off that they're not on it, but it's only 60 mins so I can only fit so many people on there!

The only solution I found was to make a brand split, and put some guys on a TV roster so the non-TV roster guys don't expect to be booked on TV.

Also booking weekly TV with a fed that doesn't allow you to sign guys to written contracts annoys me.

I just have a big pre-show battle royal to satiate them. They don't need to be on the actual TV show, just on the taping.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I Before E posted:

I just have a big pre-show battle royal to satiate them. They don't need to be on the actual TV show, just on the taping.

Doesn't that jack up your costs though? Playing as a small fed like ROH means you can only sign PPA deals.

I do the battle royal trick for playing as larger feds, for sure. It also seems to boost guys stats pretty well.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

"WWE 2k15 is the best WWE game ever, BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS! Pyro has been removed from Create-an-Entrance because fans whining about only having two pyros going off made it so no one gets pyro ever again! Ha ha!"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Doesn't that jack up your costs though? Playing as a small fed like ROH means you can only sign PPA deals.

I do the battle royal trick for playing as larger feds, for sure. It also seems to boost guys stats pretty well.

I still made money, though that might be because I ran exclusively Tri State.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Skunkrocker posted:

"WWE 2k15 is the best WWE game ever, BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS! Pyro has been removed from Create-an-Entrance because fans whining about only having two pyros going off made it so no one gets pyro ever again! Ha ha!"

Thank you for this

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

If 2K recovered WWE license when THQ went bankrupt, its influence on WWE 2k14 was relatively limited. Indeed, when 2K Sports took the lead in early 2013, the development of the then called WWE '14 was already well underway. It is in WWE 2K15 that should feel "2K Touch." It is in any case what was said Chris Snyder , vice president of marketing for 2K Sports business, when we spoke to him late last week.

According to him, his company jumped " with both feet "in the development of the game because he wants it provides different sensations offered by the title of this era THQ. With WWE 2K15 , 2K wants to offer a game to the atmosphere and depth of improved gameplay and in which the emphasis was placed on authenticity. To achieve this, the publisher has entrusted the development of his wrestling game two studios Visual Concepts and Yuke's .

The first is the developer of the renowned series of NBA 2K . According to Chris Snyder, Visual Concepts is here in charge of the graphic style of gameplay, and "presentation" (ie, anything that allows under reproduce as faithfully as possible what wrestling fans can see television every week) Knowing that the game NBA 2K are often praised for their resemblance to a television broadcasting a basketball game, it is an encouraging sign for the WWE fans.

Yuke's, the historic Japanese developer wrestling games published by THQ, according to Chris Snyder, provided by his "expertise in wrestling games." The Yuke's involvement in the project is likely to cringe players who hoped that 2K would eventually get rid of it. The studio has indeed shown by very innovative in recent years. That being said, this stagnant gameplay might be related to a lack of resources on the part of THQ. The title has not yet been placed in our hands, we can not judge the work done by Yuke's.

All new, all beautiful

The question on everyone's lips when it comes to WWE 2K15 is the quality of its implementation. The game is expected to turn in effect for two reasons. The first is that the engine used by wrestling games of the previous generation was on the ball for several years (at certain levels, the latest games WWE came to be less beautiful than their older generation start). The second is that WWE 2K15 is the first simulation wrestling to appear on PS4 and Xbox One. It therefore has an interest in ensuring technically.

According to Chris Snyder, the game should offer a higher level of realism from the perspective of its graphics. He explains that WWE 2K15 uses the technique of scanning faces and bodies used on NBA games and that " more or less all members of the WWE Universe "have seen their faces and body scanned (no info was given about the possible presence of deceased wrestlers in the game, and techniques used to model).

Note that, although it will logically be less beautiful than the PS4 and Xbox versions One, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of WWE 2K15 apparently also received graphical improvements. Chris Snyder speaks also "marked improvement." According to him, the lighting of the game was reviewed while models wrestlers have been reworked to make them more beautiful and natural.

Regarding the animations, the representative of the American publisher explains that the ring used by the WWE during his tour has been moved to the motion capture studio 2K to capture realistic as possible animations. Chris Snyder also argues that WWE 2K15 benefit from the presence of five times more animations than in other games in the series.

People who played the last games of the series will recall that WWE dialogues were mostly taken from one year to another and the comments ended very quickly repeat. For WWE 2K15 , Chris Snyder says five times more sound elements were recorded. And for the first time, American commentators WWE, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler were recorded together in the studio to offer more natural dialogues. According to the head of marketing at 2K, comments are not the only elements of the soundtrack to have been improved. According to him, all the sound effects and sound effects have been re-registered so that they enjoy better sound quality.

They pretend, but they do it well

Visual Concepts and Yuke's have fortunately not made changes to visual and audio aspects of the game pace and flow of the fighting was also reviewed in order to make them closer to what is possible to see in the WWE shows. As explained by the head of marketing at 2K, wrestling matches are not given duration and may well be very short very long. So the developers have made sure to introduce gameplay that makes unpredictable duration of the fighting. According to the editor, fatigue, offensive momentum or stamina will play all three roles in the outcome of a game.

Chris Snyder also told us that the system present in against WWE 2K15 has been completely revised. To provide a highly realistic gameplay, it explains a concept of "ring psychology" (ie how to behave during a wrestling match to make it the most exciting possible) has been integrated into the game

Also according to him, the fighting styles will be better differentiated than in the past and each wrestler will appear to be unique. He explained that the "giants," "brawlers," "grapplers," or "high flyers" will provide all sensations different game, which will give the game a diverse gameplay. According to him, the core game mechanics have been extensively modified and it will benefit WWE 2K15 but also for future titles in the series.

PS4-Xbox One Advantages

And as Chris Snyder had a lot to say, he did not stop there. Very talkative representative 2K Sports has also revealed to us the entire game modes present in WWE 2K15 . The first mode, called 2K Showcase corresponds to the game's story mode Present on all versions of the title, 2K Showcase will feature in the form of a documentary, historical rivalries in the manner of fashion 30 Years of Wrestlemania WWE 2k14. In addition to this, players also find various tools creations that have made the reputation of wrestling games, as well as the WWE Universe Mode.

But this is not all. Those who purchase the PS4 or Xbox One version of WWE 2K15 will also discover a whole new career mode. The latter is presented by 2K as the WWE version of My Career Mode on the NBA 2K games. In this new mode, players will embody a wrestler they have created and follow the evolution of his career. Unfortunately, Chris Snyder revealed only outline mode. It will take before we learn more about it.

Regarding the roster, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports branch could not give us revelation. Indeed, the American publisher has revealed the full distribution of the game on Saturday that precede the SummerSlam, that is to say on August 16. According to Chris Snyder, WWE 2K15 should have a number of similar to previous games in the series wrestlers though. Also according to him, the ratio between current Superstars, Legends and Divas should also be similar to what was done in the past years. Fans can therefore begin to speculate about the list of wrestlers present in this episode 2015.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 6, 2014

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
The inability to rip music onto next-gen consoles (partnered with the fact that I don't have one) kinda lessens my desire to get 2k15, no matter how good it is. It's kinda weird how much having the right music affects things, but it's there.

I guess I could just get make all the presidents as CAWs instead, like I did with the PS2 Fire Pro game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Where's this from? It sounds like English isn't their natural language with some of those lines.

I don't even know what this means:

"The game is expected to turn in effect for two reasons. The first is that the engine used by wrestling games of the previous generation was on the ball for several years (at certain levels, the latest games WWE came to be less beautiful than their older generation start)."

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Probably an auto-translate job

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sounds like it'll be similar HCTP and Day of Reckoning's career/story modes, which is great. Those were my favorite.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I really wish there were a game like TEW but more abstract and a bit more focused on building a fed from the ground up. Some way you could plot out arcs and try to grow a promotion over years without having to block out minute by minute.

Basically something like the game The Movies, which despite a number of flaws is pretty accessible and creates some nifty metafiction.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

DoctorDelaware posted:

The inability to rip music onto next-gen consoles (partnered with the fact that I don't have one) kinda lessens my desire to get 2k15, no matter how good it is. It's kinda weird how much having the right music affects things, but it's there.

I guess I could just get make all the presidents as CAWs instead, like I did with the PS2 Fire Pro game.

Yeah, I have a ton of music on my PS3 mostly all put there so I could use them for entrance music for created wrestlers over the years. It'll suck to go back to trying to match CAWs with music that's already in the game.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Where's this from? It sounds like English isn't their natural language with some of those lines.

I don't even know what this means:

"The game is expected to turn in effect for two reasons. The first is that the engine used by wrestling games of the previous generation was on the ball for several years (at certain levels, the latest games WWE came to be less beautiful than their older generation start)."
The article was translated from French, yes.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Probably the most padded out article based on pre-existing knowledge too!

I wonder when we get the next batch of info, gonna be good!

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

2K have removed pyro from the game in-line with the WWE's cost cutting measures.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I don't have a current gen console yet, but I'm amazed neither has the ability to rip MP3s. I'm intrigued by career mode, but it's going to suck not being able to have NJPW themes in the game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can you not even store mp3's on the PS4 drive? Maybe I'm being pedantic or generally dumb but I've never actually ripped a CD onto my PS3, just copied existing mp3's to the drive which I use for created entrances (well, not in 2K14 since that feature doesn't work for me).

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
From that article is kind of sounds like they're getting rid of the "Quick/Normal/Epic" switch at the beginning of matches. I'm interested to see how they do things, but I actually really liked that toggle. Sometimes I want an epic 15 minute match with lots of reversals for the title, sometimes I just want to spear and jackhammer Heath Slater into dust in 30 seconds.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tato posted:

From that article is kind of sounds like they're getting rid of the "Quick/Normal/Epic" switch at the beginning of matches. I'm interested to see how they do things, but I actually really liked that toggle. Sometimes I want an epic 15 minute match with lots of reversals for the title, sometimes I just want to spear and jackhammer Heath Slater into dust in 30 seconds.

My go-to guy for a quick match like that is Miz. I'm always beating the poo poo out of the Miz.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My go-to guy for a quick match like that is Miz. I'm always beating the poo poo out of the Miz.
Me too! We should party :D

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Orton's my jobber to the stars. And to other jobbers too.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Maxwell Lord posted:

I really wish there were a game like TEW but more abstract and a bit more focused on building a fed from the ground up. Some way you could plot out arcs and try to grow a promotion over years without having to block out minute by minute.

Basically something like the game The Movies, which despite a number of flaws is pretty accessible and creates some nifty metafiction.

Yeah I miss the Attitude Era, when there were a few different wrestling promoter games to choose from, each one giving something a bit different.

Remember Promotion Wars? Or TNM?

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 7, 2014

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
I remember Promotion Wars being so far ahead of the original Extreme Warfare in terms of easy to use menus and booking options.

Then EWR came out and totally smashed it out of the park. The number of stats each wrestler had was amazing compared to Promotion Wars which only had 2 stats per wrestler.

It's a shame that Promotion Wars never recovered to mount a serious challenge again, it would have been interesting to see how it could differentiate itself.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Was it Extreme Wrestling Deluxe where you couldn't pick the winners of matches? Like you had a federation of guys, you would book matches and then it would be a shoot to see who wins.

You could choose someone to be "pushed" but other than that it was out of your hands.

It had an odd sort of charm, hitting the button to make your show start and hoping the guys you wanted would win.

I guess you could do the same thing in TEW by just not booking a winner.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

simosimo posted:

2k15 physics i hope!

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS THAT MAN IS BROKEN IN HALF

no seriously he's broken in half, get the paramedics :ohdear:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

If it's more or less ripped straight from NBA2k14 then it's unlike CAW modes of games past. There's a point buy system for stat upgrades using credit earned via gameplay. You'll also probably be buying non-basic gear (ala No Mercy) and personality / style "badges" that give you advantages in certain circumstances. In NBA2k that meant things like "better shooting in traffic" or "better performance when team is underperforming". For WWE we would probably expect that to translate into your typical power / flyer / submission categories. So you'll be building a dude from the ground up.

Note that this system naturally lends itself to DLC for players without the time or patience to accrue points. It's also unclear whether there will be a Universe mode (which would be the season mode analogue, I guess) or whether we can make woman wrestlers.

If they go back to a leveling system, or even worse, a clothing unlock system, then I will go from envying next gen owners to pitying them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If they go back to a leveling system, or even worse, a clothing unlock system, then I will go from envying next gen owners to pitying them.

Yeah same. I don't want to be handcuffed to dressing my CAW like Bob Holly just to make him perform right.

• Locked thread