Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Doesn't Amazon accept UK/EU cards for payment? If so, http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstation-Network-Card-Online/dp/B004RMK4BC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Bought a card from maximus-cards, got an email error saying they can't give me a code [then a payment confirmation email shortly after]. doooooo :10bux::10bux:

edit: emailed them then they gave me the code. Downloading this poo poo now :swoon:

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 24, 2013

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I've got my old PS2 save imported in, smoothing enabled (normally I hate it, but it works here), and nostalgia is kicking in. It might be just my mind playing tricks, but it seems running it off the PS3's HD also seems to speed up load times.

Well worth the measly $10.

Fake Edit: I somehow missed it in D as well, but I never until now really clued in that certain guys (Liger, Samurai, Jamal, etc.) have their colours changed due to copyrights. I guess I still have more to do with this game after all!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Can we get a fpr save section w/ links in the OP soon when we're all comfortable with the methods of importing saves etc :swoon:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

simosimo posted:

So hows it work for non US goons. Make a USA PSN ID, then add a visa card. I read that it doesn't like non-US payment forms or whatever?

If a US goon creates a new (temporary) PSN account to buy the game, he can share it with a second goon, since PSN doesn't "sell games" - it sells a license to download the software onto two PS3s. It's fairly usual for goons to "chip-in" on region-locked games, and split the cost between them. There's a thread dedicated to it in Games.

Once either player logs into that account and downloads the game, it's stored on both consoles forever, and you don't ever need to log into the temporary account again, you can just boot it up from your main account.

Edit : If anyone wants my second license, PM me or hit me up in The Game Sharing thread . I'd much rather it go to a UK or Aussie goon, since console region locking games is such a loving nightmare for us :{

Tyma fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 24, 2013

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Finally starting to click with me. Why did I struggle with this game for so long?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

John Cena posted:

WWE SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain! is another great game just because of the sheer amount of things you can do, even if CAW is lacking in that title.

CAW in HCTP is actually far better than in just about any Smackdown game I can think of. Unless WWE '13 added like ten times as many moves and clothing designs as WWE '12. There are some dated mechanics and some limitations from being an old PS2 game, but it's still the best Smackdown game.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

Well, that didn't take long.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/36432309/file.html

This is the most recent version of desertpunk's Real World 2012 save (list of what's included here), converted to work with FPR on the PS3. Just extract the folder in the rar to the root of your USB device, then plug it into your PS3, and navigate to Game > Save Data Utility (PS2) and copy the save from the USB to your system.

Going to buy the game now.

This worked no problem. Hoping someone converts the 2013 save soon though so I can have Fan Dan Go.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

CAW in HCTP is actually far better than in just about any Smackdown game I can think of. Unless WWE '13 added like ten times as many moves and clothing designs as WWE '12. There are some dated mechanics and some limitations from being an old PS2 game, but it's still the best Smackdown game.

Yeah I remember it was a really good CAW mode as well, actually a big jump from the previous games. I wouldn't mind seeing that show up as a PS2 Classic. Am I remembering incorrectly or was it part of the Greatest Hits collection?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jefferoo posted:

So for Fire Pro is there anything like a career/universe mode similar to Wrestling Revolution? Any sorta craziness to it?

No career mode as far as I know. It has it's own type of craziness, like being able to put The Undertaker in a UFC match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jefferoo posted:

So for Fire Pro is there anything like a career/universe mode similar to Wrestling Revolution? Any sorta craziness to it?

No story mode. There is a show booking thing that has weird things happen depending on how you book certain shows and promotions.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oh my god I'm Real Bad at Fire Pro. can't connect with attacks, can't connect with a grapple, can't beat jobbers using top guys. It's really fun but oh lord do I need to do some reading on how to do things right.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

^^^ see the FAQ I linked above. super helpful.

KungFu Grip posted:

No story mode. There is a show booking thing that has weird things happen depending on how you book certain shows and promotions.

I thought they took that out of the US version?

I got distracted by DC Universe Online last night. I'm downloading this tonight. Heads will be dropped.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

harperdc posted:

oh my god I'm Real Bad at Fire Pro. can't connect with attacks, can't connect with a grapple, can't beat jobbers using top guys. It's really fun but oh lord do I need to do some reading on how to do things right.

Once you get the rhythm right it's not so bad.

I don't bother with strikes very often. When you start the grapple animation, you want to hit your button just as they touch.

I think if you hit Square it's a light grapple move, X is medium and O is strong. Obviously stick with Square for a while before you work your way up to O.

Square + X is your finisher I think?

But yeah Fire Pro has it's own rhythm to it, once you get it you can play pretty much any of the games in the series. It's definitely not a button mashing game, except for kicking out of pins.

Edit: Or yeah, read the FAQ as said above.

I can't get over just how much better this game feels than SD vs Raw, at least as a "sim". I've been watching NJPW, and this game does a pretty good job of recreating that feel. By the end of the match we're trading huge moves, kicking out at 2.9, trading reversals, and sometimes the CPU will beat me but I don't feel pissed off about it.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 24, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jack Krauser posted:

Finally starting to click with me. Why did I struggle with this game for so long?

Wait until you "CRITICAL" somebody intentionally, it's deeply satisfying. Moreso when you're using somebody you enjoy against somebody you dislike.

triplexpac posted:

I can't get over just how much better this game feels than SD vs Raw, at least as a "sim". I've been watching NJPW, and this game does a pretty good job of recreating that feel. By the end of the match we're trading huge moves, kicking out at 2.9, trading reversals, and sometimes the CPU will beat me but I don't feel pissed off about it.

Agreed about losing occasionally. You don't feel cheated at all, usually. Just like "Well, gently caress. You got me." Although every once in a while I've gotten pinned off of something stupid like a kick to the gut because my guy was just too tired.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 24, 2013

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have fond memories of 64man round robin exploding landmine tournaments. Best Sunday afternoons ever.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Just had the best match with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Jun Akiyama. The fucker kept kicking out of everything even getting a 2.9 afer 3 powerbombs in a row. Almost finished me off with an exploder but I then destroyed him after chaining together a Backdrop, a German Suplex, a Sheerdrop Brainbuster and a Soulful Powerbomb. That'll show the little fucker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Word of warning: If you wrestle Stan Hansen, there's a decent chance he will knock you out. His lariat is a loving Nuke on that game. Making it scarier: He can do it whenever, it's a regular running move for him.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Eddie Guerrero chair cheat is the best move in this game.
I also enjoy the random humanly impossible moves as well, like the super Kinku Buster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love using Mike Awesome in that game, just for his turnbuckle grapples. And some of the double teams are disgusting, particularly the Doomsday Shining Wizard.

Also, I love the taunt where you just pull out a mic and gab to the crowd.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If I've never played a Fire Pro game and don't really watch Puro would this be a good buy? I would probably just get one of the save packs and do WWE matches. Basically am I going to be super lost? I remember hearing you actually have to wrestle matches based on Puro-style psychology or the game penalizes you.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

If I've never played a Fire Pro game and don't really watch Puro would this be a good buy? I would probably just get one of the save packs and do WWE matches. Basically am I going to be super lost? I remember hearing you actually have to wrestle matches based on Puro-style psychology or the game penalizes you.

That was just one mode on the GBA game, I think. You don't have to wrestle Puro style on this.

Really, you could just try a ROM of one of the SNES games. The gameplay isn't drastically different from that, and you can see if you like it.

If you want to stack tables and fly off ladders, this isn't the game for you. But if you like playing a wrestling game where it feels like a challenge to beat the CPU and the matches build in a realistic way, then you might like it.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I don't bother with strikes in the game or weapons. The best way is usually to walk backwards until the AI joins you in the same "plane," then smack them at the correct distance.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Loving Fire Pro, but I need to get to better so I can start doing some of the crazier stuff. I can win if I focus on basics, but I'd eventually like to start throwing my opponent out of the ring and jumping off of turnbuckles and poo poo.

I will say, the CPU is really good about putting together a good match. I had a junior class created wrestler go against Kane, and it played out as it should: Kane demolishing me at the start, but eventually getting winded, allowing me to mount an offense and get the pinfall. Perfection.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I just had a HHH/Taker match. Pedigreed Taker 3 times and he wouldn't stay down. Eventually he tombstoned me and went down allowing me to get the pinfall. Undertaker can only be defeated by performing his own move.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 24, 2013

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I loved when they integrated the "breathe" button from Fire Pro into the Smackdown games. If you were out of breath ("stamina") when you hit a finisher, both guys would collapse and the referee would start a 10-count. It made for some awesome moments. Of course they took that out after a few years because v:shobon:v

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Reporting in, downloaded that save file, put it on a USB and now currently scrolling through an awesome plethora of 2012 guys. Nice. Look forward to old school ones!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anyone have any luck converting a PS3 download from Fire Pro Club to the new format? That tutorial is giving me crazy dll errors.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Do these save updates have updates for the actual wrestlers in game? Like a Nakamura for instance?

Minidust posted:

Of course they took that out after a few years because v:shobon:v

It was because you would collapse after a few seconds of running under the system they had.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I followed the instructions at the thread at http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1965&start=50 and was able to import .max saves like the files on gamefaqs. I have that 2012 save and a nice late-old school one with some wwe, tna, and 2000s puro. The directions are much simpler to follow than the one I posted earlier and it is (slightly) less troublesome to convert the files as it was on the ps2. If you get DLL errors, just google and download it and unzip it to that directory.

Just witnessed a 30 minute war of attrition between Kurt Angle and AJ Styles and its crazy how much better this is than WWE 13 at the actual wrestling bit. If only it had online play, but that could require something like GGPO with this game's emphasis on timing. PS4 sequel?

The site is also pretty active since fireproclub appears to be a ghost town except for its treasure trove of soon to be converted to PSN roster files.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Got a link to the old school pack?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

HulkaMatt posted:

Do these save updates have updates for the actual wrestlers in game? Like a Nakamura for instance?

It was because you would collapse after a few seconds of running under the system they had.

In that 2012 save I posted, it has 2012 versions of just about any wrestler I could think of.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

simosimo posted:

Got a link to the old school pack?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/saves

I just got the .max files from here and followed the instructions. I have the one from stingiswcw. There's also a WWF 1996 one there too. Fireproclub doesn't require membership to download, but I think they were a bit strict on compilation saves so they won't have much of that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
http://www.filedropper.com/wcw98
http://www.filedropper.com/oldschoolfpr

There's WCW 98 and Old School file (no idea what's on it). Just follow the same instructions as before.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 24, 2013

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Dishwasher posted:

I followed the instructions at the thread at http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1965&start=50 and was able to import .max saves like the files on gamefaqs. I have that 2012 save and a nice late-old school one with some wwe, tna, and 2000s puro. The directions are much simpler to follow than the one I posted earlier and it is (slightly) less troublesome to convert the files as it was on the ps2. If you get DLL errors, just google and download it and unzip it to that directory.

Just witnessed a 30 minute war of attrition between Kurt Angle and AJ Styles and its crazy how much better this is than WWE 13 at the actual wrestling bit. If only it had online play, but that could require something like GGPO with this game's emphasis on timing. PS4 sequel?

The site is also pretty active since fireproclub appears to be a ghost town except for its treasure trove of soon to be converted to PSN roster files.

Thanks I'll check this out when I get home. I'd love to try that old school save.
I wonder what the motivation for rereleasing it though. They've said the series is done for a few times now. Are they testing the waters?
Anyone have luck with using two virtual cards? Memory card 1 and 2?

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 24, 2013

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Thanks I'll check this out when I get home. I'd love to try that old school save.
I wonder what the motivation for rereleasing it though. They've said the series is done for a few times now. Are they testing the waters?
Anyone have luck with using two virtual cards? Memory card 1 and 2?

Yes. You just have to assign one save a 0 value and the other a 1 value at the end of its name. Then the roster files will replace the save you have for card 1 and 2.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So is it possible for someone to upload PS3 Fire Pro saves? Or do we all have to do this PS2 conversion thing ourselves.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

So is it possible for someone to upload PS3 Fire Pro saves? Or do we all have to do this PS2 conversion thing ourselves.

Some are converting them and making new ones I suppose. You could just wait and someone will have them all converted eventually.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jack Krauser posted:

Some are converting them and making new ones I suppose. You could just wait and someone will have them all converted eventually.

Okay, sweet. I was just making sure there wasn't some weird thing where PS3s signed their saves or something, where your saves would only work on your machine.

In that case you'd wonder why you would be able to import saves off a USB stick at all, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I think once a save is converted by someone it can be used. That 2012 save is ready to play. I just loaded it from a usb.

edit: beaten

edit 2:

http://xfla.me/firepro/saves/djkm77/Starter-Pack/20130415/PS2-Classic/20130415_DJKM-Starter-Pack_(VME).zip(VME).zip

A well reviewed starter pack loadable on a USB. I think a listing of roster packs and compilation saves (or places to get them once the scene gets back to work) for the front page would be a great addition to the thread.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 24, 2013

• Locked thread