Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
:siren: The DJKM Starter Pack has been converted :siren:

This is what's in it: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26684

In short, it's got a ton of dudes from just about every era of wrestling you'd want. WCW, ECW, 80s and 90s WWF, Attitude WWF, WWE, TNA, 80s NWA, Mexico, Japan, ROH, AWA, WCCW, DGUSA, Indies, and more legends.

http://xfla.me/firepro/saves/djkm77/Starter-Pack/20130415/PS2-Classic/20130415_DJKM-Starter-Pack_(VME).zip

This is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wow. That save would be perfect if it had some NJPW in there. Unless it's there and I'm just not seeing it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

This is what's in it: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26684

In short, it's got a ton of dudes from just about every era of wrestling you'd want. WCW, ECW, 80s and 90s WWF, Attitude WWF, WWE, TNA, 80s NWA, Mexico, Japan, ROH, AWA, WCCW, DGUSA, Indies, and more legends.

http://xfla.me/firepro/saves/djkm77/Starter-Pack/20130415/PS2-Classic/20130415_DJKM-Starter-Pack_(VME).zip

This is awesome.

No Fandango but it has Norman Smiley so 4/5 stars. This is a really nice pack with a lot of Monday Night Wars guys in all seriousness.

Another memory card question: with two cards can I have another 500 wrestlers or do I have to play the transfer game?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Wow. That save would be perfect if it had some NJPW in there. Unless it's there and I'm just not seeing it.

I don't know, I think that pack is more of an old school type pack. It doesn't even have CM Punk.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jack Krauser posted:

I don't know, I think that pack is more of an old school type pack. It doesn't even have CM Punk.

But it has Ryback?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Punk's the only glaringly obvious omission from the current roster, it has every one else that matters really. I don't know why CM Punk of all wrestlers didn't get in while any other modern WWE guy did.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I guess there is no chance of this coming out in Finland(EU) ... And dont own a credit card :( its a cruel world

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
My biggest question about Fire Pro is does it follow Quackenbush-style tag psychology?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Why does 500 CAW slots seem like two few? I probably can't name 500 American wrestlers.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

Why does 500 CAW slots seem like two few? I probably can't name 500 American wrestlers.

This made me think, has anyone made a PWI top 500 save ever? That could be fun.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jack Krauser posted:

Just copy KENTA.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

projecthalaxy posted:

If I've never played a Fire Pro game and don't really watch Puro would this be a good buy? I would probably just get one of the save packs and do WWE matches. Basically am I going to be super lost? I remember hearing you actually have to wrestle matches based on Puro-style psychology or the game penalizes you.

Granted, it was a long time ago and the time was right with basically every fed across the board being awesome at the time, but Fire Pro Six Men Scramble and the original Sega AJPW game were what got me *into* puro. Once I knew who the guys were it was pretty easy for me to get a ton of enjoyment out of it. I've now bought FPR no less than five times between the import, US copy, gifts, and the PSN version.

Like I said though, at the time AJPW, Michinoku, BJPW, Osaka Pro, WAR, LLPW, JWP, ARSION, etc. There were tons of feds in Japan doing awesome stuff at the time, so it was really easy to find good tapes. If I remember correctly, New Japan was actually pretty stale at the time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've missed this game so much.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

This made me think, has anyone made a PWI top 500 save ever? That could be fun.

Then you could create guys like Mr.Ooh La La.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TheCool69 posted:

I guess there is no chance of this coming out in Finland(EU) ... And dont own a credit card :( its a cruel world

I've ordered US PSN card codes via Paypal from http://www.electronicfirst.com/.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
CM Punk is actually in that pack. Must have just missed him in the list. Also has THE SHIELD in their appropriate ring gear.

Also has updated NJPW. Just ignore the list and download it. Has a ton of UFC fighters too.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 25, 2013

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Man I wish I could play firepro on my vita.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jack Krauser posted:

CM Punk is actually in that pack. Must have just missed him in the list. Also has THE SHIELD in their appropriate ring gear.

Also has updated NJPW. Just ignore the list and download it. Has a ton of UFC fighters too.

No Okada.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jack Krauser posted:

This is awesome.

So... how do you transfer this? I load the PS3 directory onto my USB stick, and I can see it in the PS2 Save Manager. I copy that over, but I have no idea how to get it onto a virtual memory card.

Edit: well it's suddenly working, guess it's a miracle

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 25, 2013

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

My biggest question about Fire Pro is does it follow Quackenbush-style tag psychology?

High-Functioning Tag Psychology

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

So... how do you transfer this? I load the PS3 directory onto my USB stick, and I can see it in the PS2 Save Manager. I copy that over, but I have no idea how to get it onto a virtual memory card.

Edit: well it's suddenly working, guess it's a miracle

Yep, that's how it's supposed to work.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I was playing Punk vs Cena. I hit Cena with like 4 GTS's, he kicked out, then suddenly hit me with an X-Factor, STFU and tapped me out.

Sounds pretty realistic actually, if only it was the FU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I remember simming Kawada vs Cena once. It went on for roughly 40 in-game minutes. First 37 of those minutes, Kawada is just mudering Cena. Kick after Head Drop after Suplex after Kick. Cannot put him away. 2.9 counts every time. Eventually, he busts Cena open. Cena suddenly, hits a running shoulder block, back suplex, FU, then locks in the STF for the immediate tap.

lord bless.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

John Cena posted:

I remember simming Kawada vs Cena once. It went on for roughly 40 in-game minutes. First 37 of those minutes, Kawada is just mudering Cena. Kick after Head Drop after Suplex after Kick. Cannot put him away. 2.9 counts every time. Eventually, he busts Cena open. Cena suddenly, hits a running shoulder block, back suplex, FU, then locks in the STF for the immediate tap.

lord bless.

Absolutely spectacular. I'm going to have to use my roomate's PS3 for this. :getin:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BOOOOOO

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's funny, a save of 500 guys including some of the greatest legends of all time and I run my first match as Mortis vs Glacier.

Edit: Was a pretty great match though. Hit Glacier with a few Flatliners, he wouldn't stay down. Finally he went for the Cryonic Kick, I think I dodged it, then I hit HIM with a Cryonic Kick for the win.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 25, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to make him.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

FPR always surprises me. Just had a match where Bob Sapp KO'd a non-legal man in a tag match with one punch while the dude was just chilling on the apron in the corner.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Budget Dracula posted:

FPR always surprises me. Just had a match where Bob Sapp KO'd a non-legal man in a tag match with one punch while the dude was just chilling on the apron in the corner.

Don't see why this is surprising, sounds like something Sapp would do.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

triplexpac posted:

It's funny, a save of 500 guys including some of the greatest legends of all time and I run my first match as Mortis vs Glacier.

Edit: Was a pretty great match though. Hit Glacier with a few Flatliners, he wouldn't stay down. Finally he went for the Cryonic Kick, I think I dodged it, then I hit HIM with a Cryonic Kick for the win.

Same.

First match was Ludvig Borga v Nailz.

I've always loved it when wrestling games include jobbers. I've no reason for it I just do, to have poo poo loads of em in fpr is like a wet dream.

I'd say that 'starter pack' save is a bible that everyone should try if they're new to the game. You really would not need anything else.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I dared to book The Briscoe Brothers vs Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman, but the game froze up before the match could even begin :smith:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I tried cena v cena and the ps3 froze hard. :(

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Budget Dracula posted:

Just had one of the first round tournament matches to determine the number one contender for Hayabusa's International title. Benoit vs Owen Hart. Benoit gets a critical off an armbar in 9 seconds. :fuckoff:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

I tried cena v cena and the ps3 froze hard. :(

Couldn't calculate the odds.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bought WWE 13 from Amazon a few weeks ago, finally went to activate my online, code doesn't loving work.

Do I have to talk to 2K about this, then?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
You guys talked me into buying FPR again. Gonna download it tonight and run my dream match: Zack Ryder in a handicap match against multiple Big Van Vaders!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sockser posted:

Bought WWE 13 from Amazon a few weeks ago, finally went to activate my online, code doesn't loving work.

Do I have to talk to 2K about this, then?

Those codes can expire. Yes really. Welcome to Gaming 2013. But yeah I don't know who you'd talk to about that now THQ is done but 2K seems like a start.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

njsykora posted:

Those codes can expire. Yes really. Welcome to Gaming 2013. But yeah I don't know who you'd talk to about that now THQ is done but 2K seems like a start.

That's inexcusable to begin with and especially in this case since the game's been out for less than a year. I wonder if the problem is that the old THQ codes are defunct and you need a 2k code now?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Has there been any word on what is happening to the WWE game license now that THQ is kaput?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Has there been any word on what is happening to the WWE game license now that THQ is kaput?

Uh...2K Games bought it and WWE 14 was already in production by the time they were bought out so its going to be THQ style with maybe some tweaks by 2K Games.

• Locked thread