Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jefferoo posted:

The lack of love for Wrestling Revolution HD in the OP really goes to show how much John Cena hates the Indies.

To be fair, everyone hates MDickie. He is the Ian Rotten of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

abraxas posted:

Yeah, I think I'll just continue to play Attitude Mode and see where I get from there. I'm sure most of it is just practice/getting used to things. Thanks for all the tips so far!

I tried that. I got HHH to lean against the table but all the grapple button did was make my character push HHH onto the table on his back. As I said I probably just have to play around with it some more to figure out what the hell is going on but it was seriously almost impossible for me to figure out how to slam that dude through the godforsaken table :mad:

You could just jump onto him while he's on the table from a turnbuckle.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Man, when they said you could just sim matches in Fire Pro and watch and be entertained, they weren't kidding. I just got done watching an amazing Hell No/CM Punk and Colt Cabana match that ended literally a minute from the time limit when Kane got the 3 count right as Punk was getting back in the ring. This game owns(FP2 for GBA, I wish I had a PS3 for the Returns port).

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I just had a match in Fire Pro Returns of Norman Smiley vs. Japanese Kickboxer Musashi end in a 60min time limit draw after Smiley got the blood kicked and punched out of his skull and wouldn't get Criticaled. I decided to have a rematch and Norman Smiley was way more aggressive and instantly busted open Musashi. Now Smiley was still getting dominated but eventually at 46min and 15sec Smiley won with a Release German Suplex.

I just simmed a 52 minute elimination 4-Way between Great Sasuke, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, and David Arquette where Punk and Arquette got eliminated 20 minutes in, but since the GBA Fire Pro 2 doesn't have people actually leave when eliminated, they stayed around repeatedly trying to get pinfalls. Arquette was busted open for the last 15 minutes or so, and the match basically became a desperate rush between Rey and Sasuke to try getting pinfall attempts while Punk and Arquette were busy. It was amazing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Frig yeah, multi-camera angles!!

Edit: I hope Career Mode has Triple H squashing the rookie again. That was the best.

It better be a HCTP-style career mode that uses the schedule from Universe mode.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Looks like I'll have sixty extra dollars around the end of this year.

Like he said, unconfirmed. If they take Universe mode out to put in a Season mode, I'll be fine with it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Who are those two guys supposed to be?

I would love it if Rutherford PS Hayes and Willard Filmore were in the game.

Or if you could just have the game autocreate jobbers to squash.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

Holy poo poo that looks terrible. Like the Ryback just had an embarrassing pratfall off a Three Stooges banana peel.

I don't even know how Johnny Miyagi there is supposed to be held up. He's just floating behind Ralph Macchio Jr. there.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

There is no way that's the final graphics, right?

...right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer is working off an incomplete build, but so long as I can make a finisher that's 8 nutshots followed by a poison mist and a rollup, I'm fine.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I realize that they are partially working off old THQ resources, but WWE 13 looked better than that. MLB or NBA 2K13 look miles better than that. It's impressive in a way, to be that bad. I'm deciding that they had to lighten the graphics budget to make room on the disc for the HCTP-style branching story mode.

I'm deciding they did it to fit more slots in the Create A Finisher so I can have 48 nutshots followed by a poison mist and a rollup.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jack Krauser posted:

Aces and 8s The Game comes out today guys.

Just walk into the Gamestop and bellow "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY?"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

Keep him handcuffed to his desk and do not let him do any of the dialogue writing!

"Hey, JOHN CENA, we don't like WHITE people around here!"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

The WWE2k14 pre-order bonus has been discovered:

Now I want to preorder it. Stupid me.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I caved and bought it, but this is my first THQ wrestling game, and my third wrestling game (after Fire Pro and that NES thing with Kin Korn Karn). How does one...like...play these? There's no in-game tutorial, there's no manual, and the moves list in the option section isn't that helpful. I mean, I can punch, and I can pin, but what happens in a grapple is a spooooooky mystery and I could definitely use some tips about how the flow of a match is supposed to go. People who said that you have to have been playing these games all along to "get" them are so right.

And I wont even muddy the waters by asking (yet) why my video game has a TV schedule and each show had its own separate card, or what that business is for.

You can probably find the manual online, and the TV schedule is Universe mode, where it sort of simulates booking to create matches for you to watch or play at your discretion. When you beat the Attitude Era mode, it unlocks stories.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Cool, thanks. Is the attitude era stuff supposed to be wicked hard? I was able to beat the first match after a couple tries, but the second match has me stumped. I can barely hold my own (getting a little better at the countering system), and the Undertaker is constantly humping me (and getting down into moderate damage territory) while Mankind just chills out and I can't get him down to moderate damage. Is there some way to taunt one partner back into the ring or something? I tried climbing out of the ring to attack Mankind, but that just led to BOTH of them stomping me like a narc at a biker rally.

You might want to turn the difficulty down, but other than studying the controls and working on your timing, I don't really have any hints for that one.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I pine for a day when someone who knows what they're doing makes a game like TEWWrestling MPire

:colbert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Antitonic posted:

"WWE 2K14 marks 30 years of WrestleMania with new mode"

"WWE 2K14 will feature a new mode called "30 Years of WrestleMania," 2K Sports representatives revealed to members of the media last week during a conference call. As described by Cory Ledesma, creative director of the WWE series, 30 Years of WrestleMania sounds very similar to the Attitude Era setup seen in WWE '13, except with the goal being to honor the legacy of WrestleMania as opposed to a particular period of WWE history.

WWE 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania will let players relive more than 45 matches from WrestleMania history. For now, 2K Sports is only confirming three of them: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III (1987); Hogan vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 18 (2002); and The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania XVIII (2012). Ledesma pointed out that "the mode itself ends up defining a large part of the game's roster," and announced that the full WWE 2K14 wrestler lineup will be revealed Aug. 17 during a Twitch livestream from WWE SummerSlam Axxess at 3:30 p.m. ET."

Taken from Polygon. It'll be interesting to see what matches get picked as "important", given it's not just the main event of each.

Given that we've already got Savage confirmed, if Savage/Steamboat isn't included, I riot.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I dunno, WWE 13 was the only decent wrestling game since No Mercy.

HCTP, Fire Pro Returns, WWE All Stars. That's 3.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Finally got ahold of Fire Pro. Now if I could just learn how to play it…

1: get CAWs
2: have them fight each other
3: done.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

With FPW Returns, I made CAWs of all the Presidents. Never finished fleshing out their movesets (apart from finishers) but it's still fun to watch.

You know Obama needs to have the F5. Brock Obama.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Astro7x posted:

"Lord of Darkness
Defend the Streak - Defeat 50 Superstars in a single match."

Um... what match is this for?

I think it's like an infinite gauntlet match, where you have to beat as many as you can in a row.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

All of these are solid but :laffo: Cena/Miz

I'm surprised Bryan/Sheamus isn't in for 28.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SirDippingSauce posted:

If anyone here still plays WWE 2K13 for the PS3 and the servers are up, I've made a CAW I'm kinda proud of:

The Apex Redditor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNn43X0mMHM

Sorry for the crappy phone quality video, but as you can see, I think he fits the label. The CAW has a complete moveset, custom entrance, and both the default attire and all alternates have ring, entrance and cinematic version of the attire. Comes in Original, Meme T-Shirt, Brony and Men's Rights Activist. You can search for the keyword reddit, brony, the name, or search by author: torothdragon. Enjoy!

Is his finisher the r/ko?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

yo this might be a weird question...

but basically i love video games but i'm really poor so i get my consoles like ten years late. i just upgraded from an n64 to a ps2 and i'm wondering what the best ps2 wrestling games are?

I hear smackdown: here comes the pain is pretty good, but i am wary of any wrestling game that ins't wwf: no mercy.

thanks homies.

Fire.

Pro.

Wrestling.

Returns.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JusticeBot posted:

I think people make elimination chamber matches because its "easier" for them to win.

All they need to do is pick a spot that's neither 1st or 2nd player, and just dick around outside of the ring when they're called up while everyone else wears themselves out.

I think they do it because the Elimination Chamber is a rad and awesome thing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

simosimo posted:

What can you do to squeeze a bit more out of Fire Pro? I do a few singles then turn the game off, not out of boredom but like roaming around in GTA, it's fun, but without a greater goal it's for nothing [other than entertainment]. If only they made a newer game with career mode / attires for caws / online :(

Tournaments are always fun.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Were it that TEW was actually fun to learn. I think fantasy booking would be a lot of fun in that game, the LPs that have sprung up here have always been fun (I really liked… Sunsweet's present-day WWE game? RIP anarchist Ryback, RIP ninja Kofi).

I think that might have been Rarity's. I know Rarity's had golfer Drew Mac and John Morrison winning the MITB.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

RIP again mysterious Machines stable.

Yeah, I had some big plans for that storyline(The machines were Andre, Curt Hennig, and Eddie Guerrero, resurrected by Paul Bearer to defend the Undertaker and his World Heavyweight Title. Big Show would face Andre at Wrestlemania before hugging him and turning face, Jericho would face Guerrero, and Punk would face Curt Hennig, whose positive example would be what kept him from cheating to win the WHC against the Undertaker later in the night.). It's just a shame WWE is too time-intensive to book, I was looking forward to Kharma and Beth Phoenix unifying the ECW, Womens, and Divas titles at Wrestlemania.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

harperdc posted:

golfer Drew Mac, ninja Kofi, Marxist/anarchist (?) Ryback, John Morrison winning the goon vote to win MITB and then getting immediately buried...yeah, it was fun times.

TAKE FROM MY BIG TRAPS ACCORDING TO MY ABILITY
FEED ME ACCORDING TO MY NEED

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

When we did Time Traveling Big Show in the Monday Night Wars game I REALLY wanted to make an El Burrito Grande reference, but I needed the space to talk more about Kevin Nash loving sandwiches.

Is a hot dog a sandwich, and will this figure into the Bobby Eatin'/Wallstreet Enterprises feud?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE now owns the Global Force.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I much prefer my alternate universe, where my GFW is way ahead of TNA in the ratings and closing in on WWE.

Granted, I worry about what will happen when The Rock leaves me :ohdear:

We were on our way to glory, since we had signed a TV deal(even though we were getting consistent .01 ratings), but I had to gently caress it up by resigning so I could try to get the NXT booking job.

E: OH MY GOD

E: and AI Vince Russo is doing even better than I was, goddamn

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Is it even possible to do that? I think I tried to start a game as NXT booker but it wouldn't let me since it was the child company of WWE.

No, it's not. I'm an idiot.

E: Maybe I should just start my own company again.

E: And I have! Global Force Wrestling 2: gently caress You Russo is open for business!

I Before E fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 15, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Horses aren't delicious :(

Aaron Lewis begs to differ.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

My strategy of signing all the indie darlings everywhere is going well.

At 2,500 tickets a show, my money though, not so much.

And Jeff Jarrett is a non-wrestler so I can't book myself to win the title, not that I could afford to pay myself $3,000 a night.

poo poo, that's barely even a deficit. Your sponsorship income should break you even there at the end of the month.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's a B- according to the mod I'm using :colbert:

Will a wrestler get mad at you for using him as a main announcer and wrestler? I hired Ultramantis Black and he's got B mic skills, B announcing, and B charisma so I want to make him my announcer. He's also got the best entertainment skills I can afford so I've got him as a mouthpiece of a heel tag team as well.

It doesn't seem to have made Roddy Piper angry in the 96 LP, and he's done really well at it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

Is there a way to auto-book in TEW and then just change whatever I want with it? I want to get into this spreadsheet game so I can gently caress around with wrestlers to try to get people or gimmicks over, but the thought of having to micromanage everything in every show is the stuff of nightmares.

I know there's an Assistant Booker thing, but that might not be what you mean.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

D Lambent posted:

What is the best way to start with TEW? I love EWR and I'm really, really good at it.. but I have no idea where to begin with TEW 2013. Booking WWE is so loving daunting. I tried starting unemployed but I'm 2 months in and I haven't had a single bite on anywhere I applied and I'm basically just simming through weeks and reading news stories from HoH and Hollywood Wrestling that I don't give a poo poo about.

I just tried to start a game with a made-up company and I haven't really dove into that yet, but I may mess with it when I get home.

Best place to start? Anyone?

Booking ROH has been fun. I've done surprisingly well, bringing them up to Cult size. Currently, ROH PPVs almost sell out the IZOD Center, and TV draws about 8000 in the Tri State.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

The game breaks a bit for me when you have a small fed with a TV show. Your guys get pissed off that they're not on it, but it's only 60 mins so I can only fit so many people on there!

The only solution I found was to make a brand split, and put some guys on a TV roster so the non-TV roster guys don't expect to be booked on TV.

Also booking weekly TV with a fed that doesn't allow you to sign guys to written contracts annoys me.

I just have a big pre-show battle royal to satiate them. They don't need to be on the actual TV show, just on the taping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Doesn't that jack up your costs though? Playing as a small fed like ROH means you can only sign PPA deals.

I do the battle royal trick for playing as larger feds, for sure. It also seems to boost guys stats pretty well.

I still made money, though that might be because I ran exclusively Tri State.

• Locked thread