Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm looking forward to mods that let you play as only one character and let you sleep properly and make it so your character isn't tired after only running around for 15 minutes and doesn't get worn out by swinging their weapon only 10-12 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Who's Alan again? Is he an early survivor? I still haven't left the first base yet, but I have the option to go on the walkabout for one.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
What's a "fatty"? I've never seen one and I've been playing for a few hours. I'm at the point where I can get a new place, even. Supposedly there was supposed to be one at the farm during that one mission, but I didn't see it and I remember the Wilkerson's freaking out about it when it supposedly showed up. Didn't see it, so either I have a bugged game or it died too fast for me to see it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I think the biggest problem with the game is that you aren't your own survivor. You're some sort of omnipresent angel possessing these survivors to help them live. Or something.

Basically, it makes it hard to connect with the characters if they're all basically you.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Attention Horse posted:

So is it just me, or are the mouse and keyboard controls absolutely terrible and almost unusable? Aiming with a gun is just awful. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can't change the controls in the options.

I think I'll stick to the controller.

It's not just you, but that's mostly because they're still in the middle of fully implementing mouse and keyboard. I believe they said it'd be ready by full release, so for now I would definitely stick to controller.

E: Oh, I see it has fully released. Well, I don't know then. Maybe it's completely done. Who knows. I haven't tried the mouse and keyboard yet because I was waiting for it to be finished.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 6, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Copper Vein posted:

loving serious? Where is this documented in-game? I have put about a dozen hours in so far and I didn't know that.

I was already pretty ambivalent about the way this game works, I kept getting a Tiny Towers vibe from it due to all the build times being listed as real minutes, but this just a whole different "gently caress you" entirety.

This game is a goddamn mess and I need to stop wasting my time on it.

Well, it doesn't run 1:1 speed. The longer you're away the more time has to pass for more time to pass in the game. So, if you leave for a week only 2-3 days pass in the game or something.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is there a mod to get rid of special zombies? Those are the worst thing in any zombie game and why I hate most of them.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't get why they're having so much trouble with the mouse. Can't they just use raw mouse input? Is this because they're trying to run the mouse through the same systems that were programmed for an analog stick and now they have to compensate for whatever analog stuff was required?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is there a mod that forces you to play one survivor? That has always been my problem with this game: being forced to switch around who I'm playing as. I'd like to play as one survivor and just go to sleep when they're tired and so on.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Archonex, since you seem to know a bit about modding this game, do you know if it's possible to get rid of the fatigue? Stamina doesn't bother me, but the whole "getting tired" mechanic is annoying since I like to play one survivor.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

khy posted:

No, I guess she was just too hurt to use.

I went further along and rescued some chick who was 'self sufficient'. One of my survivors did a quest to kill a Juggernaut and she had a shotgun so I figured, why the hell not. Then the MORON survivor who did the quest charged the Juggernaut WITH A GODDAMN BASEBALL BAT.

Shotgun won like 13 rounds later.

Unfortunately on my trip back home, the self sufficient chick ran into a second juggernaut outside of home base. And was ripped in half, literally.

And that's why I don't like "special" zombies/infected. One of the first things I modded out of this game was special zombies. I also made it so zombies can't run, too. I like my zombies the way God intended them.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Furism posted:

I haven't followed this thread in a while. Is the multiplayer coop mode that Undead Labs announced a few months ago in the game yet?

I thought they announced they weren't going to do that, and instead put it in the next game.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

glug posted:

Are you dudes just barricading and sitting? I always open the front door and kill them as they come in, or walk outside and smash them while they're beating on windows. I think you just have to kill certain ones and you're done, because I've never waited 10 minutes to finish one.

Actually, they're on a timer. I play with all of the special zombies off and with zombies only able to walk and the sieges end before the zombies even get to the house every time. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

NeoSeeker posted:

So Breakdown is the best for freeroaming, resource gathering and base building? And it has the biggest world?

Breakdown has the same map as the base game.

• Locked thread