Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
So to summarize the OP: This is a not-poo poo version of Fort Zombie?

Hell, sign me up. I played Fort Zombie to death, and that game was objectively terrible. And Zafehouse Diaries, even though it was pretty much a 15-dollar Flash game. The idea is so compelling that even the most half-assed execution becomes worth playing.

quote:

"Apocalypse Management Simulator" is such a great idea I keep thinking it would be even better if you had more than bog-standard zombies in it.

The crazy idea part of my brain came up with: How about more mythological monsters popping up, and you learn that the apocalypse is being caused by a sorcerer trying to annihilate mankind, but you fight back and rebuild using a combination of realistic society management and teaching your survivors a little magic of their own? Featured box art: A young woman with a baseball bat glowing with magical power, fending off a circle of monsters.

I did like Fort Zombies' take on the Apocalypse, story-wise. They never really explained much, but reading between the lines, some kind of Cthulu-esque monster is wrapping his tendrils around our reality, and anyone who couldn't resist his malign influence became part of the first wave of zombies. Getting bitten doesn't necessarily infect you, but it can if you believe that being bitten infects you--if you lose hope and your will to resist weakens, you get zombified yourself.

So you'd have people in the safehouse who had never been bitten become zombies because they saw their wife or child be eaten and thought "what's the point of going on anymore?"

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread