Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
If only I had a working xbox instead of an ouya right now.
This looks pretty cool, and I'm glad that more and more games seem to be coming out that involve permadeath.

'cept for the zombies of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Same, and played all day. Finally a zombie survival game that also somehow ends up being fun.

I have to fight the urge to always play the first character, and only swap him out with the third character when he's tired. It's hard.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
My major concern is finding more edge weapons. Maybe rob a firehouse? My main man is an axe wielding zombie blaster.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
You get one weapon specialization, one special move, etc. regardless of what skills you have. That's why you can't get max rifle and fighting and take a spec in SMG and blunt.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

bitcoin bastard posted:

Ferals are the hardest freak zombies in the game, because if you see one on foot (or sometimes even in a car, ask me about losing Amelia Crasman to bad driving and a newly missing door), you have to fight them, period. The first thing I do in Breakdown is find a car. If you're not lucky enough to spawn next to one, you go up the nearest tower and find one, then go straight there. The game gets about 100x easier if you can avoid zombies by stepping on the gas and fighting on your terms.

Speaking of stepping on the gas and fighting on your own terms, in my breakdown game I just got the achievement for busting 400 zombies with doors.

It's really cool that they had a solid GTA-ish style zombie game, added DLC to make it more of a sandbox with difficulty levels, and added another DLC for a different side of the fence mission in a new town. Hell of a game to grab on that recent sale. Lots of fun.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Man dropkicks are cool, leg sweeps are super powerful, but the king I've decided is the loving powerslam. Hit control to start suplexing a zombie, hit E immediately and you smash their head on the pavement in the process. Weapons are for chumps. I forget what someone said, but I swear one of the random survivor groups I was taking to my camp when I unlocked and started powerslamming shouted out some wrestling-fan type poo poo. I almost ripped off my shirt right there at my computer. Hulkamania was running quite wild.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I have an issue where I can't load my damned breakdown game anymore, it looks like it's loading forever, but in the background there's a crash screen that I can't bring to focus :(

edit: woo was able to focus it temporarily long enough to read the location of the binary dump file. Now what :(

glug fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 13, 2014

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Screw Vienna Cho.

I've got a little crush on the lady with the weird hick accent that says "we done turtlin'?" all the time.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

DONT DO IT posted:

I've had this issue when I turn the music off. Only way to fix it is to start a new game in some other mode to turn the music.back up. They're really proud of the music.

Support on their side told me to log in as a diff profile, then switch back, and that works.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I've been trying to get all of the breakout1 achievements (the annoying ones being building every structure and researching everything), and it's been fine other than the waiting around thing, but I find myself running really low on bullets. Meanwhile in lifeline I fart bullets and poo poo grenades.

Either it's random luck or they balanced things differently in terms of scarcity between modes which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Pander posted:

Yeah, I always skip besieged missions. Guaranteed juggernauts? An emphasis on doing something that you otherwise NEVER do in boarding up windows? A duration that sometimes exceeds 10-15 minutes?

Hellllll no.

Always I think I was vague in my last post. You still get GENERIC timed missions. Vanilla quest missions (like visiting Job, saving Doc, etc) are gone.

Are you dudes just barricading and sitting? I always open the front door and kill them as they come in, or walk outside and smash them while they're beating on windows. I think you just have to kill certain ones and you're done, because I've never waited 10 minutes to finish one.

• Locked thread