Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Voyeur posted:

Pretty often, just continuing to randomly search houses or wherever, nowhere near the mission waypoint, will turn up the specific stuff needed for finishing a facility too.

Yeah, I think all you have to do is search the right kind of item container. For example, a medicine cabinet for latex gloves or a toolbox for nuts and bolts. The indicators just point you to structures that could potentially have those objects searchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Azran posted:

Also, what's Lifelines supposed to add to the game? Googling around I can only find references to it being a more military-themed campaign.

From the sound if things, lifeline is about rescuing specific survivors within a certain time frame to evac them, and also a more in-depth and important base defense system.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Mental Midget posted:

Also, a tip that I didn't find out until like 6 hours into Lifeline - you can just back up your full vehicle to the parking space on the map and all the stuff in the trunk automatically hoovers into the base!

Only rucksacks. Loose supplies and weapons stay in vehicle inventory.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
If I recall right, the biggest(and maybe only) influence on AI success is morale. I've never seen the AI die out in the field waiting on me to kill a special zombie and my morale is almost constantly 100%

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

TSBX posted:

Don't forget about the good ol' drop kick! (Shift+Space) It seems to work well if you can hit them with it. I usually roll with a backup NPC so it makes it easier when the feral jumps them first.

It cannot be overstated how strong the dropkick is. Assuming your character doesn't have reflexes for the spin kick, it's the easiest way of dispatching normal zombies and ferals. The only real difference with the spin kick is your character doesn't need to get back up after using it, and it has a wider attack arc so it's a bit faster and more forgiving.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

NeoSeeker posted:

It's pretty much been taken over and raped to death by the mainstream.

It's happened with every medium so far, in a similar if not the same fashion it's happening in this industry. Dumbshits who know gently caress all about gaming, at the head of major corperations, were just waiting for gaming to go mainstream.

Now that they don't have to worry about pleasing the core fanbase they can do whatever the gently caress they want

Basically instead of awesome mom and pop burgers we're getting mcdonald's burgers. Except these dipshits are worse than mcdonalds in that you have to buy everything seperately, defeating the purpose of fast food entirely.

Someone needs to let the assholes on top that if they're going to push out more of an inferior product they can't charge MORE than they used to. Used to as in a time where the industry wasn't a giant whore.

Source your quotes

Oh wait, wrong thread.

• Locked thread