Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Both games are linear shooters, yes. If you're not liking it you should probably stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It's an unfortunate side effect of taking place in a series of tunnels. You basically just walk around and shoot things and it's all about the world building and atmosphere.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Go play the Kshatriya DLC in Metro Last Light, it's basically STALKER-lite. You have to recover artifacts in a small apartment complex and you go around unlocking shortcuts and doing some intense resource management, it's great.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

sean10mm posted:

So I got the Metro Redux bundle, and so far Metro 2033 seems to be... super linear and kind of boring? A couple hours in and I've basically done nothing but follow random dudes around and get ambushed by mutants, and the combat is pretty much just dodging mutants and shotgunning them. The atmosphere and world building are cool, but that's it...it seems like exactly the thing I'd like, but it kind of isn't working for me so far.

Is it worth sticking with or is it kind of just going to be more of the same? Is Last Light different enough that I should just quit 2033 and skip ahead to that? Or should I just go play Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat again?

If you were expecting Far Cry 4 but in subway tunnels, you're not going to get that. This is eastern European Half-Life.

Metro Last Light does have a very small amount more openness to its surface areas but not much more.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Azran posted:

Go play the Kshatriya DLC in Metro Last Light, it's basically STALKER-lite. You have to recover artifacts in a small apartment complex and you go around unlocking shortcuts and doing some intense resource management, it's great.
So badly wanted a full STALKER style game with the Metro mechanics and polish, uuurggh

• Locked thread