Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
So wait, the top difficulty level comes as a pre-order DLC? What? :psyduck:

This is one of those games I'll most likely pre-order anyway, but that is a pretty damned scummy thing to do. What's next? Ability to save your games, only $10 if you pre-order today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Ugh... I tried to get into playing ranger normal and hardcore after first playthrough on normal hardcore, but the amount of information that goes missing with the UI is just stupid. While a minimalistic or completely missing UI might be immersive, not having a faintest idea of my ammo, grenade, filter etc situation has zero to do with realism. Or come to think of it, I don't really find it "immersive" either because I'm having a hard time roleplaying a completely sensory deprived post-apocalyptic ranger.

I hope this game is moddable because I wouldn't mind having a difficulty level with the damage / health modifications and item scarcity of ranger difficulties. Just ditch the UI bullshit because the normal one is just fine.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mister Bates posted:

I'd even be fine if you could only get a rough count, like 'you think you have about 3 magazines' or whatever.

Yeah, something like this would just fine. Regarding filters, you only see up to five minutes from your watch, no? I'm pretty sure my character ought to be aware if I got another half an hour stashed away or am I coughing up in my last one. Also basic information like what I just picked up should be there.

The filter thing irks me a bit since I don't like to be rushed constantly. Even when seeing the complete remaining filter time, I felt the game was tossing hot coals on my arse at times.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

First time playing, I choked clawing at the gate of Bolshoi as they were opening it :mad:. After that I always felt rushed gas mask areas.

Anyways, whatever the filter situation, it doesn't cancel the fact it's plain stupid you have no idea how many you are carrying with you besides the one you're wearing. That's a rather basic thing a mentally healthy character in a poisonous environment should know.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

End game spoilers

I behaved like a saint and still got a bad end, that's bogus :smith:

So basically you got the ending where Artyom lives? :v:

Blowing poo poo up and dying like a man is the good ending. Other ending is for pussies who can't slit a throat when it matters. People who get the other ending support the Reich and Reds by not wanting to take them down. They bask in the loving embrace of facism and enjoy the sight of Reds burning down Hansa stations. They are literally Hitler and Stalin combined.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

WeaponBoy posted:

Ok, what the gently caress is going on in the swamp? I went into the airplane, I got the 'search the various gas tanks' animation, then the big monster attacks and leaves after a minute. I thought I had the fuel, but when I go back to the switch it acts like I don't. What the gently caress? Did the game break? I tried reverting to my last checkpoint, but that's in the airplane post-monster attack. I can't find any glowy objects to interact with and it's now loving night! This is loving infuriating.

You only find empty canisters in the plane. Keep looking elsewhere.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

To be precise, you find empty canisters in the first area you look. If you look in the gas station first, you'll find the empty canisters there instead.

Oh, okay. Anyways more about canisters; hard to describe off the top of my head but if you're facing the ferry, and the plane is on your right, the building with gas canisters is on the left, across some water. It has a canister tag on the wall.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Broose posted:

The seat in the theater is a good example. That thing is blurry as all hell.

I noticed this also. It pretty much ruined the rest of the playthrough for me because seats like that are simply unacceptable. I hope these guys get on top of this poo poo and release a high-res patch because seriously I wouldn't even fart wetly towards a game as ugly as this.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Hah. While I love the game, the devs and/or publisher do deserve this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

That is a really goddamned good trailer. Easily on par with the Dead Island one.

• Locked thread