Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fag Boy Jim posted:

There are markets all the way up until the end of the game.

Literally.

But MGRs devalued greatly between 2033 and Last Light, so firing them off isn't a last-ditch move any more. I had hundreds left when I finished the game, despite using them for the last hour or so.

I want to play through this again and maybe get the 'good' ending, but I just can't imagine not killing nazis when given the opportunity to do so.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there a good way to aim throwing knives in Ranger mode? I loved them in normal, but now I can only use them at point blank.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I really want a mode that gives me Ranger's ammo scarcity and lethality, but leaves me the interface.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Feeble posted:

Don't we all...

Anyway, has anyone answerwd whether or not te VSK is better than the Kalash 2012? It's confusing since it shows up later in the game.

I believe it has more damage per shot but slower ROF. Better for commandoing, less good for mass-murder.
(and of course it always has a silencer)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Be aware that you can use throwing knives on mutants. I didn't realise that myself until I got to the bridge and started trying to sneak past mutants.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I never found a niche for the ashot. My loadout was
Slot 1: Silent weapon (suppressed revolver -> tihar)
Slot 2: Automatic weapon (bastard -> kalash -> kalash 2012)
Slot 3: Shotgun (duplet -> shambler -> saiga)

The ashot wasn't quiet enough for stealth kills, couldn't kill people fast enough to replace the kalash, and wouldn't help if swarmed by mutants. What did other people find its use was?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Does the new ammo in the Polis mission replace the normal ammo? As in, are there normal shells/magnum rounds, or only burny ones?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I favoured revolver or shambler against nosalises. I never have much luck with assault rifles versus mutants in any game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

hopterque posted:

The next metro game is supposed to be pretty open worldy I guess, so there's that. I think the idea of actually being able to to go on scavenging missions and decide what you want to do and poo poo is gonna be really cool. Like, hey, poo poo, I need new equipment for this big mission I'm planning, time to take trips to the surface to scavenge poo poo and then go from station to station selling the poo poo I scavenge. That would be loving cool.

Pretty much S.T.A.L.K.E.R. style.

• Locked thread