Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Yeah you only needed filters for about two minutes total before you went past the point of no return of never being able to buy filters again. That's why the pro strategy is to breath in toxic air until your character is about to collapse, take one deep breath through the gas mask and quickly take it off again. Luckily though it looks like they've made the filter system less obtuse this time around. From what I've seen each filter gives you five minutes worth of air so you bang on a new filter and set your watch to five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Can't wait to get lost on the surface, run out of air and frantically kill Nazis with Frankenguns to grab a spare air filter from their dead bodies.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I'm most looking forward to killing a flying hellbeast with a ball bearing.

You won't get the sweet cheevo unless you use the Helsing!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I laugh every time I throw a knife at some dude and it bounces cartoonishly off the spare magazine he has in his chest pouch.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

STALKER and Metro are both based on Roadside Picnic, thats why they have so much in common. In the Metro 2033 book the Rangers are actually called Stalkers but they changed it for the game.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

beer_war posted:

METRO 2033 really pulled off that post-apocalyptic atmosphere like no other game, but gently caress me if it wasn't a chore to actually play, what with the brain-dead human AI and the bullet sponge enemies.

If you play on Ranger Mode, the true difficulty then enemies die in 1-2 bullets.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I think Artyom might suffer from some mental issues due to some traumatic event in his past. It would explain why he seems to fall over or drop things constantly the second he isn't paying attention to what he is doing. Also I don't think he ever talked to a girl before. "Why is this girl being so mean to me? She keeps making jokes about how lame I am I don't get it!" *slips on banana peels and falls down Springfield Gorge*

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Beware if you are going for the no kills achievement. Taking the filter off a knocked out enemy counts as a kill.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Huh? No it doesn't.

That is the word on the street. I could have been misinformed.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you are going for the 1000 military grade ammunition achievement and have a lot of patience there is a merchant at the start of the Bandit tunnel level who doesn't despawn. So you can run back and forth selling all the guns from the bandits you have taken down.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Also people would freak out and shoot them on sight.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Can't wait to play Frontline with all the tricks from Last Light :getin:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I dont know why you'd ever use a MGR on anything, let alone a mutant which are what shotguns are for jeez guys.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I found a key in Market, where's the safe for it?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Both the demon and the bear are protecting their babies, this is why is it not moral to murder them/leave them to be devoured. Pavel and Lesnitsky are both defenseless when you get the choice to kill them, if you are surprised that murdering someone in cold blood is considered to be not a moral act then please see a psychologist. Not to mention you have a literal child with you who is watching and learning from everything you do.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Those parts are at least supposed to be tense and make you panic. Trying yelling BLYAT or SUKA, that seems to help the NPCs get through tough situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

blackguy32 posted:

So, I finally finished the Metro: 2033 book, and it was pretty good. I was kind of surprised that they cut the whole cannibal section out of the game, but I can understand why they did it. Also, Artyom is completely different in the book than he is from the game. In the book, he pretty much seems like a bumbling idiot for 85% of it.

That being said, I think I really like the narrative of Last Light a whole lot more as it seems a lot more personal and you have a lot more of a direct effect on the narrative. I really do hope that they plan on making a novelization of Last Light.

By the way, how is Metro 2034?

Considering that in the game Artyom falls over/gets captured/has something land on him/alerts mutants to his position approximately once every ten minutes I'd say the he is portrayed as a bumbling idiot in both versions.

• Locked thread