Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I loved 2033 like others in the thread, but haven't yet pre-ordered it. I might do so later tonight. Either way excited for it to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Scyron posted:

If you pre-order on steam and currently own Metro 2033, I believe you get a 10% discount. So there is that, if that matters, along with Ranger mode.
I caved this morning. Amped for this game, big time.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pre-loading this five days early has made the wait unbearable. :(

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Game unlocked for me an hour ago, and as a huge fan of 2033. This game is absolutely stunning. Bloody hell does it look amazing.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

keyframe posted:

If you think it looks early on you will poo poo your pants in some of the later levels. It is so good.
Yeah this is rapidly going to become my game of the year. 2033 was when it launched and this has done nothing but be enjoyable so far. My only complaint is that I'm retarded and am not sure how to use my throwing knives I've just gotten, or how to check between which ammo I'm using when I had my Kalash/AKSU as Artyom reloads so fast, but I appear to have lost them now anyway.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

keyframe posted:

C key uses your knife/bomb/landmine depending on what you have selected. You have to switch between bombs/knife by holding down tab but I heard on ranger mode that screen doesn't show for whatever reason.
I'm on regular Ranger rather than Ranger hardcore so I can see the interface, just not what I have equipped. I'll bumble my way through it no doubt. :) Thanks mate.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

hopterque posted:

So can you only carry two guns in Ranger Hardcore?
Yeah. I'm using the single shot pistol with silencer, NV sights and the stock and the AKSU with suppressor and RDS at the moment as I haven't found anything to swap it with that seems any good just yet. I've only just gotten to the Ferry though.

Well I think Shrimp will be leaving my diet shortly.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 17, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I'd just like to say I actually like spiderbros in real life but this game is turning me into an arachnophobe :smith:
The second part solo with them fuckers had me cursing this game aloud. I was throwing napalm grenades as sources of light.

I'm not even sure if it worked, but I'm loving this game too much to know.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a big book mate, so don't feel too bad. Honestly I'd play both the game and the book at the same time. They're different enough and don't really follow the same pattern, the beginning and the ends are close, but the middle is not. Largely because the book follows the narrative in such a way that playing it would be dull as poo poo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

A side effect of Ranger mode, but the buckshot pistol (I forget it's name) is an absolute monster.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 18, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They're moral choice points, basically think if it as a score and it adds up and is partly the basis for what ending you're going to get.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So I'm only available to play this game a hour or so every night thanks to work, but I've just gotten to the Moscow city surface after you hook up with the Dark One on the train. The surface is absolutely mind blowingly stunning. I thought it was great in the first hour of the game, but this is unreal. The train part was incredible too.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Just hit Church, and it seems the game is telling me this is the last chance to buy weapons.

Eyeballing the Kalash 2012 and the Saiga, but really want to use a VSV again, as that's been my goto in every Stalker game/2033. Do more stores pop up later on, or should I just buy/upgrade a Kalash/Saiga now, and I'll find a good enough one later on.
You've still got a while to go yet mate.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think it's purchase only mate.

Also, I love the paranormal side of the Metro series, but I just got to the tunnel of loving grabbing hands what the screaming gently caress I think I actually yelled at this bit.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They need to hurry up and get 2034 so I can read that. :colbert:

Edit: Actually that reminds me, what is everyones favourite thing about the Metro series? Mine has to be checking out the grisly remains of humanity from the after the end perspective. I remember reading in 2033 of Artyom being trapped inside a phonebox? I think? with notes scrawled from a girl who ended up being locked inside, dying of radiation poisoning and writing down what she saw until she died, one of which was the effects of the radiation, the second was a guy walking past on fire.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 6, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah Nosalises were raging assholes and I always thought ways harder than you'd figure they be. If anythingthing maybe the game is better for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Azran posted:

Go play the Kshatriya DLC in Metro Last Light, it's basically STALKER-lite. You have to recover artifacts in a small apartment complex and you go around unlocking shortcuts and doing some intense resource management, it's great.
So badly wanted a full STALKER style game with the Metro mechanics and polish, uuurggh

• Locked thread