Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Momomo posted:

So is this game going to have a Russian voicetrack? I watched an LP of the first game in English, but when I finally played myself it was in Russian, and I thought it was nice to hear the same game in two different ways.

It does have a Russian voice track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Are they going to subtitle all the incidental dialogue this time? They didn't in 2033 and that was what kept me from using it then.

Unfortunately not. Much of the ambient dialogue is unsubtitled. Sorry. :(

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Claymores are a must for all boss fights. The big ol' Amphibian in front of the church doesn't fold to mines right away, but they'll usually stun it and let you unload into it. The Big Momma literally dies in one second to three mines laid out in a line for her to run into. The Bear will be stunned and a little buckshot will pacify it and reveal the weak spot right kindly.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Tips for getting the good ending (spoilered for convenience, I won't give away any important story beats):

- Wait around and listen to people talk. This applies to both neutral and enemy hubs as well. Listening to the two soldiers gab about D6 right at the beginning of the game gives you a karma point, for example, but so does listening to two hostiles talk about fixing the lights. Not EVERY conversation is worth karma, but many are.
- Don't kill, as much as you can. Every section you clear without killing any humans gives good karma. Also, try not to attack mutants if they haven't noticed you or if you're exhorted not to.
- Explore hostile areas. Every nook and cranny. Checking the back of the train you ride when you head out of D6 is worth karma, for example.
- Be charitable. Every major civilization hub has at least one person who needs a hand; help them out.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

Beware if you are going for the no kills achievement. Taking the filter off a knocked out enemy counts as a kill.

Huh? No it doesn't.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I never found the shotgun pistol, just the revolver and the semi-auto pistol, so I just had a little mini-carbine the whole game. Where was it?

Sounds like he's talking about Ashots, which are all over the place.

I'm more of a Shambler man, myself.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

PureRok posted:

I'm currently at the Catacombs, before fighting the Big Mama and I'm going for the No Unnecessary Human Kills achievement (Ranger mode, second playthrough). I haven't killed a single person up to this point. Could anyone who may have gotten this achievement list where they killed people so I know what's safe?

The Chase when you're trying to catch a train with Khan, Red Square when Pavel sets a trap for you, D6. Basically anywhere you can't avoid having people shoot at you.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

PureRok posted:

Hold the button to bring up the inventory, in the bottom right it will show your total time. It may not be accurate in Ranger mode, since my watch says I have 16 minutes, but the inventory screen says something like 33.

I think you may be confusing filter time with regular watch time. Whenever you're in an area where you need to use a filter, your watch will show how long you have left on your current filter, which is at most five minutes with a brand new filter. Whenever you're not, your watch just displays the time as determined by your console or computer.

Also, on Ranger Hardcore, you can't bring up inventory. That's kind of what people have been talking about for a few pages now.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Can you take a screenshot of your watch displaying a number higher than 23:59? Because, I gotta keep it real, that doesn't sound possible.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

PureRok posted:

Well, I'm playing through on a new save that's ranger, so I don't have that anymore. Maybe you're right and I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn my watch had that on it.

Either way, that inventory menu should show how much time you have, though, right?

It does, but you don't have that menu on Ranger Hardcore, at all.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

AzureSkys posted:

Have any of you passed The Chase on Ranger Mode without killing anyone for the Shadow Ranger achievement? It doesn't seem possible with the damage that's taken.

You don't need to.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

AzureSkys posted:

All that I've read says otherwise. Did you get the achievement or know a source for someone who got it? Just trying to make sure to not have to repeat things.

I've gotten the achievement multiple times killing everyone on the train. You'll be fine.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Fewd posted:

You only find empty canisters in the plane. Keep looking elsewhere.

To be precise, you find empty canisters in the first area you look. If you look in the gas station first, you'll find the empty canisters there instead.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Meiteron posted:

Is there some special trick for surviving the defense bit at the end of Bandits where you're waiting for the ferry? I've tried running around and staying mobile and I get swarmed from behind and killed. I try to hole up in a corner or at the dock which works for awhile, but as soon as I miss one nosalis I'm hosed, because a couple seconds later there are 3 of them pummeling me to death while all of my weapons are stuck in reloading animations. There are just too many and the section lasts too long for me to get to the end without screwing up a kill somewhere.

Is the answer just "shoot better"? I'm just playing on normal and it's like ramming a brick wall of difficulty. Like 10-12 attempts so far.

First, the obvious: are you using a shotgun? If not, use a shotgun. There's a four-barreled shotty on the upper level that'll work out great for the section.

If you're having that much trouble on Normal, you'd probably be better off shucking and jiving than learning to shoot better. What I did when I wanted to conserve ammo at all costs is ring the bell, go up the stairs, keep an eye out for any approaching Nosalises and, when they were just about to reach me, jump down and run to the other end of the room. Then you turn around, shoot any Nosalises that happen to be close, and run back up. Repeat until the ferry reaches the shore. The important part is dropping from the upper level to the lower level, as that's what really slows down pursuers.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

fennesz posted:

A few questions. Does the Polis DLC level have checkpoints? Whenever I die or reload a checkpoint it reloads that loving awful Reich Heavy mission.

And is there anyway to save your progress on the Polis mission so you can come back and play later? It's getting kind of old having to restart every time.

No checkpoints. You save by returning to your bunk, which is located where you started the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

fennesz posted:

I tried that and it won't let me do anything when I go to the bunks. I did a youtube search and realized that there's a door you have to go through to save - not to the bunks.

I always thought that's where your bunk was? I guess not. Well, either way, you found it!

• Locked thread