Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

hopterque posted:

To be fair, the titan is their recommendation for running the game at max settings with everything enabled, not just a normal "recommended" setting.

e: I'm assuming this included physx and whatever else, so running all that off the same card is gonna be pretty insane.

Everything enabled includes running it on a 120hz monitor for 3D stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Dr.Oblivious posted:

So I'm a bit confused, Steam says the game comes out on the 13th, yet the unlock timer says there is still 27 hours on it. So is it coming out on the 13th or the 14th?

It comes out on May 14th, midnight EST. If you are on west coast it'll show up as coming out on the 13th at 9pm.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Irony.or.Death posted:

Yeah, it's too bad. I enjoyed the first one but I just can't talk myself into rewarding this sort of thing so I guess I'm going to pass on this one. What the gently caress is wrong with Deep Silver?

That's apparently all THQ's fault and Deep Silver got publishing rights of the game too late to change things.

e: http://steamcommunity.com/app/43160/discussions/0/810924134054557610/

Source is the community manager's last info dump.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

I'm a little bit disappointed that the Nvidia promotion codes are the standard edition but oh well.

I'll just get ranger mode 6 months later or something.

E: As for the pre-order stuff so long as it was a gift from steam or just someone tossing you the codes from GMG (and there was more than one steam code), yes you get ranger mode. The only version you can buy on steam until release is the limited edition.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Skilleddk posted:

I just met the blacksmith and got into the car. How do I start this thing?

Space bar.

e: Also the car section is great. Have fun.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Xander77 posted:

The amoeba spawner in D6 was the game version of that.

I kinda want to do an LP of this, but turning on Fraps grinds the game to a halt (GeForce 680, Intel Core 3.30 ghz, 4 gb ram). Anything to be done (besides turning down the graphics quality, which didn't help much)?

Lower your resolution down some? Turn off physx and maybe tessellation and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

v1ld posted:

Also, from the Amazon deals thread:

Just keep in mind that the amazon keys are region locked to the USA because Deep Silver is a fan of region locking I guess.

• Locked thread