Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy
Fine with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Story Feats look ok, but I think I like stealing the structure of "small benefit + quest goal = larger benefit later" as a design than any particular feat. I'm ok with these.

Downtime is massive, and kinda awesome. It's too big for me to digest neatly, but I'm still thinking about it. Even if we end up saying 'eh not worth it' in the future, I wouldn't mind trying it out. Then again, I like non-combat mechanics because they encourage larger scales and that can be intriguing. I'm not sure what we'd do to build a business in sakara, but maybe we end up using this to track the hidden village we negotiated with the woodspirits, or the growth of the knights of the raven.

Retraining This looks fine at a very quick glance but honestly I'm more interested in how this interacts with the downtime system. If we're not buying into the larger bits, it seems needlessly finicky about days spent outside of sessions to mess with this small bit of it. So if we're doing downtime, retraining is fine, else just let people make small adjustments at level up and call it a day.

Contacts This is straight out of a WoD style storyteller system, it works there as an abstraction, it seems like it'd work for keeping track of signifigant NPC reactions to us, and is easy to just append to a wiki page. I'm fine with it.

Relationships This seems suited more towards a game of house parties than our current campaign. I see where they're going with it - letting you abstract long term friendships and rivalries with NPCs but I don't think this does anything that Contacts and well written adventure logs don't already do for us. If we were a persona style game it would fit better. If someone wants this and can think of a use, sure, else leave it.

Reputation and Fame Meanwhile this is a system that probably makes sense for the types of plots we're involved in where we're making enemies of organizations which might have enemies of their own. It's a way to justify 'the thieves guild of gadzooks contacts you about the phoenician threat! Word has reached the distant city of Gadzooks of your exploits.'

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I could use feedback from people who aren't myself or Anias about this stuff, if you're up to it - I want to make a fun game for you after all!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I pretty much agree with Anias and I'm excited for the crafting system.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I've given feedback in IRC and I'm too lazy to do a full recap. :colbert:

The retraining system is a lot more finicky than our current one, and I agree that without the (also pretty finikcy) downtime system a lot of it is fairly meaningless. I really like the idea for the magic item stuff, contacts seem fine, relationships also seem fine but I dunno how much we want to deal with it, and story feats seem fairly bad because I hate it when you're making those decisions not on "what sounds like fun or something my character would do" and more on "It's mechanically superior for my character to hate ogres than trolls". I think something based on those feats would work great, I'm just not thrilled with the current implementation of them at all.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay, collating votes and a couple notes:

-Retraining I agree it's a bit finicky, but I personally feel better about having a concrete system for the small changes you guys want to make as we level up. It's not the days spent, but instead the guidelines on how these sorts of rebuilding work.

-Keeping Story Feats (as written for now, I'll look into tweaking it at some point in the future), Contacts, Reputation and Fame, and the new Rivs High-Quality Magic Item Creation System

-Dropping Relationships (no one really has an idea for what to do with these yet, including me)

-Holding Off On/Still Discussing Downtime, Retraining

We will shift an hour later tomorrow since five out of six people said yes (hopefully it works for you, RPZip!)

Also please firm up what you guys are buying before you head back to the Face before tomorrow's session so I don't have to spend the first 10 minutes chasing after you to do it :P

Going from the magic item yes, here's what actually goes down with Ipomea:

Making Your Armour

Ipomea heads to the back of the Knights' keep, where a halfling smith pounds away at new arms and armour to replace those lost and destroyed in the attack. "Eh? Whatcha lookin for, pretty lady?" Ipomea explains that she wants to enchant her armour, showing it to the smith. The smith looks at Ipomea's mithril shirt - "Quite nice, this. Where'd you get it?" Out of a double-sealed metal barrel, the smith scoops out a cup full of glittering dust, putting it in a leather sack. From inside a chest, the smith retrieves a vial of tiny crystals that sparkle a bright yellow in the light.

Smiling as he holds the vial up, the smith explains: "You know the sun, right? Big thing, floats in the sky above the Tree? It charges us - and everything around us - with energy, magic and spiritual. So if you're gonna put that energy in an enchantment, you gotta find something to use as a medium. I've heard tell that you can rarely find sunrays themselves - uncut fragile shafts of incredible power - but I've never seen one myself." The halfling sniffles. "So these are what most people use instead. Air elemental hearts - the little whirling stones that get caught up in their tornado bodies, polished till they shine by all the winds. These elementals spent a lot of time in sunny places, and died in one, so their hearts were charged with the light of the sun. That's why they glow brightly if you hold them up: they're a little piece of the warmth above. They'll do ya. The other stuff is shavings of the aether crystals on the World Tree itself - big prisms as huge as a dragon, hanging from branches and jammed in the Tree's bark. The more complete the crystal, the more powerful of course - but for little enchantments like you and I do, the dust that comes off the Tree itself is enough for our needs. Argale, his axe - there's a big chunk of it stuck in the head. That's the part that looks like ore, but reflects like a prism."

The halfling wipes his hands on a cloth. "Four thousand gold, missus." Ipomea pays, and the halfling shows her to where she can use the forges for herself. Ipomea spends eight hours working away at her enchantment, and it is complete! (At the end of those eight hours, I secretly roll for the chance of the item being cursed in some way. Because Ipomea is 4th level and the twilight enchantment is CL 5, there's a 5% chance of the item being cursed. I roll a 90 - the item is not cursed.)

Now Ipomea has a +1 twilight mithril chain shirt! (Twilight is from the 3.5 Magic Item Compendium, page 15.)

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Huzzah, also oh god elemental hunting in the limbs of the world tree in 2016....

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

On the fourth or fifth day of rest, Asgall spends as much time wandering the premises and stretching his legs as he does in bed. Not satisfied with waiting around doing nothing, he busies himself with learning more about his surroundings and keeping himself moving.

He eventually manages to catch Argale alone. They enter into smalltalk, comparing enemies slain and honors upheld... that sort of thing. Eventually, Asgall brings up what is really on his mind. "I have to say, Argale, I have seen and used many weapons, but I have never beheld an axe such as yours. Is that reflective ore just decorative or...?" He trails off, eager to hear Argale's explanation.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Alright since I'm not dying as much now:

We need to get one if not two CLW wands; Arivia's said that the first level of the Face is like 30 combats so we're gonna need a lot of healing unless we want to make a bunch of trips. If someone wants to do accounting we have 2229 gold left after getting our diseases cured and enchanting Ipo's shirt.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
We may as well get two, unless I'm missing something or someone has something else they really want that costs less than ~1500gp. Since I think this now means we pay full price for them, that's 1500gp out of the common pool, leaving us as effectively a group of poors again.

Also yeah that's fine I guess, I may have to leave early to pick someone up from the train station but I'm not sure what the deal is.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

The good news is there's gold in that thar face. The bad news is, it might be gold golems.

I agree we just buy 2 wands of CLW since it's not like we won't end up using them at some point. Kalkun can craft them if I understand the new system correctly, and then yeah we're poor again but well equipped and rested, and back to Adventure on saturday.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Lagron and the Goblet of Training Montage

Lagron swung the new sword experimentally, frowning to himself as he practiced in the yard. "This just isn't the same." He swung the sword again, neatly chopping off one of the training dummy's arms, before sighing. "It feels like I should be hitting about 5% more than I am."

The Knights' chief quartermaster, Dolemite, sighed and put down the forms he was looking at. "You're doing it all wrong, lad. This isn't some simple hunk of metal you can use to beat people about with." Lagron took a moment to look down at his big hunk of metal he used to beat people around with, then back to Dolemite. "Kind of looks like one to me, old man. What's the difference between this and my last sword?"

Dolemite scowled and stomped over on his two peg legs, taking the big hunk of metal out of Lagron's hands. He tested the weight, grunting in approval, before turning to the dummy and yelling "Power attack!" as he swung. This time, the dummy practically vanished into splinters. "That there is a mystical eastern weapon, son. To get the full effect, you have to yell the name of the attack every time you swing." Lagron tried it a few times, nodding his approval and showing off his sparkling teeth. "But won't that get old, Dolemite?"

Dolemite shrugged. "Eh, it only lasts until it gets old. I don't make the rules, lad."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Kalkun can craft wands or you can buy them straight up from the priest at the keep (who, I have decided, is a priest of Agazan, spirit of growth and civilization.)

Asgall and Argale

Argale smiles. "I was waiting for you to say that. Have you ever seen a giant, Asgall?" Without waiting, the dwarf picks up his axe, chopping it at the air experimentally. "I've seen a giant reach up and grab the top off a tree! drat frightening." Argale chuckles. "And then there was one that cut my best friend in half with an axe. But that's not the story I'm telling you. Nay, I was just a tot - some five years old, living with my clan in the foothills of the Calm. It was nice there - warm, but nice, with a grand pyramid-hold and a canyon all our own to mine for the good stuff."

Argale pauses and looks down at his boots. "And we had a friend. Dalmale, her name was. She was a giant too, almost the largest I ever saw. She had big bright eyes as large as my house, and she kept us and our canyon safe from anything. Taller than the trees here, and a happy woman. She'd take me and my friends for rides, put us up on her shoulder and tell us not to let go as she walked into the air, let us see the world from above. I touched the Tree for the first time with her - felt the ancient wood while she talked to an old dragon friend of hers. Once I asked her - I asked her where she came from, if there were others like her out there." Argale looks at the axe. "She said she wasn't. Said that out there was a great mountain, as big as the World Tree. That her father had lived there, shaped it into a seat, sat on it while he thought about everything. It was the first time I ever saw her cry. Dalmale said her father had turned bitter, beaten down the world and tried to pull down the sky. All the spirits - every one, she said, from the great whales in the seas to the tiny plants in the forest - rose up against her father, a grand war to save everything. Dalmale hadn't been sure what to do, had ran and hid with her siblings while the battle raged. Eventually the spirits won, she said, shackled her father and threw him into the darkest of the sky to sleep forever, raging slowly at his inability to grab and crush and destroy. Far away - safe for us all."

"But seeing their father lose turned Dalmale and her siblings against each other, and they scattered to the four winds, never to meet again. Dalmale came to the Calm, watched over us, and our fathers, and our mothers before that. And then one day -" Argale's eyes are beginning to fill with tears. "-one day there were earthquakes. We'd felt them before, hollows in the earth collapsing, echoing, turning into groundshakers beneath our feet. But these were different, larger and faster and still growing. My dog Rambor got all quiet, wouldn't go outside. I couldn't blame him, my ma wouldn't let me out either. The monster came up right through our home. It was evil - I mean, I've fought evil, you've fought evil, but this was the most evil thing I've ever seen, a cold that touched my heart when I looked at it and made me go still. It was a little bigger than Dalmale, another giant like her, a huge man in night-black armour clawing his way through the earth from below, grabbing house-sized piles of rock and dirt and tearing them aside. Some of them...some of my friends were in those piles. In his wake, bones came up, dragged along by him, skeletons of old wolves and jackals and things with three jaws. He touched the skeletons, and they all came to life: many of the clan's defenders died to them. He stood in the wreckage of our pyramid-hold, bashing at it with his great hammer, smashing apart our family relics and breaking down our walls. We were helpless. And he said nothing. My dad and my granddad and me and my ma and Rambor, we all hid, found a collapsed level and hid inside. We could only watch as he destroyed us all."

"And then, from atop the canyon, came Dalmale. Running as fast as she could, her eyes glowing with fury. She called down fire from the heavens, a storm of meteors that cut apart the skeletons and made the evil giant flinch. The only thing she said was 'Brother.' The other giant nodded, and they fought, with magic and might and steel, axes whirling for hours. He'd get the upper hand and Dalmale would summon her dragon friend to turn the tide, and then he'd break its neck. She'd be almost dead but heal her wounds with a divine gift. It was amazing. And yet, she just wasn't strong enough. The evil giant gave her one last slash, nearly cutting her right through, breaking her brilliant armour in half. She fell to the ground, her neck at an odd angle, barely breathing. And I was terrified and I couldn't do anything. My friend, my protector - she was dying. But my granddad - he was furious. I was paralyzed, but he was furious. And as the evil giant looked at us, saw into our hiding place and grinned, my granddad ran. He ran out and past the giant's whirling blows, dodging its axe, and stopping just at Dalmale's side. He said something - I couldn't hear it - and he put his hands on Dalmale's fallen axe. He pulled and he tried to lift it, but he couldn't - and I couldn't look as the evil giant brought down its axe once more, sure to kill my granddad. But then there was a great sound of metal on metal, and I opened my eyes again - my granddad had lifted the axe, as it shrunk and became lighter like magical weapons do, held it up and used it to block the giant's blow. My granddad pushed up with all his might, and the giant's axe fell back, the giant going with it. Now he was on the ground too, wheezing like Dalmale. And my granddad cursed loudly, prayed to the spirits, and charged the evil giant, cutting it in half with Dalmale's axe."

"It died that day. But so did Dalmale too. We were safe, but at incredible cost - our home ruined, our best friend killed. We left the Calm and became vagrants, not knowing where to be safe or happy or anything. My granddad died soon after, and my dad just after I became a man myself. When my dad was on his deathbed, he told me what my granddad had told him. Dalmale had said there were more like the evil giant, more creatures like her and him. Titans, she called them. Dalmale said that they were all like her - incredibly powerful - and they were all like her brother - twisted, and incredibly evil." Argale hefts the axe again, looking at the blade. "And this axe - Dalmale's axe, which we'd kept with us the entire time - was the only thing that could kill one. That we needed to keep it safe, and keep it ready, for the next time one came. Because, she said, they were out there - scheming, planning, to tear free of the earth and that damned giant mountain somewhere - ready to destroy us and all we hold dear. I stopped moving soon after that, stopped here. Joined the Knights, trained for years with this axe, figuring out how to use it. It's a drat pain - thing may shrink with magic, but it's still too large to wield most of the time. Takes a lot out of you. I stopped running because here I could do something, help out, save people in Selnar from whatever might come."

Argale is grim. "Not that I'm doing the best job of that. But I believe her words - that I need to stay strong and ready for the day another titan comes. I wonder what lurks on that mountain, somewhere out there. A million of the deadly beasts, but I can't help but think - maybe there's another Dalmale out there. Good of heart, at showing kids the world, at pulling the best veins out of the rock and keeping the hyenas quiet. Maybe. And maybe I won't ever see it - the downside of being Knight-Commander is that I've no wife, no family. If I die, who's the axe going to get passed to? Who will save us from that danger?" Argale meets Asgall's eyes. "Maybe it'll be you."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I thought I could pull it off but I can't: I'm crashing and going to sleep. No game today due to exhausted DM. Sorry for the delay - I've been working really hard on stuff for the game, that's partly why I'm tired right now - but I just can't keep my eyes open.

Not even watching the rest of the hockey game, just proceeding right to bed and not collecting my 200gp. Sorry again!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

COTSQ it is then. Sleep the sleep of the hockeyless. (having recently experienced the no sleep thing, sleep is good, enjoy it.)

Edit: Wahad has things, so we're calling it a miss this weekend.

Anias fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 17, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Game on this Saturday! I have more of the dungeon completed so there will be even more to explore yay!

If you're not on IRC, I'm running an AP on Thursday nights.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Just a note: we're having internet issues (that shouldn't affect the game) but the technician might be over during game time tomorrow (which might.) Hoping nothing comes up - I should be able to say something if it does.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Sorry for the short game everyone! Thanks for coming out!

Everyone gets 400 XP for the fight with the caryatid columns. The damage to Kalkun's mace can be repaired with a mending spell.

I saw Lagron's perception: there's two gold bars mixed in with the copper bars, worth 50gp each.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Can we just assume I fix any weapons after that combat (I can cast Mending)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Do you have it prepared?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I forgot that witches had to prepare cantrips so I guess it's up to you :v:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Mmm you're gonna have to wait then :P

~something might happen~

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hey, in case anyone wants to mess around with macros for their character, I just turned on roll20's new character sheet support. Anias has been messing around with it, so you can probably ask him for help if you want to automate your life.

e: I think this breaks your old macros? Not sure.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Just a note we are on for tomorrow, usual bat time, usual bat channel.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Experience for Saturday's Session:

300 XP each for the slurks.
266 XP each for the vampiric mists.
400 XP each for the mosquito swarms.
533 XP each for the grick attack.

That puts you at 12,432 / 15,000 XP to level 4.

I'm still digesting the conversation at the end and some of my own thoughts, but I wanted to ask: how are you enjoying the Face so far? The design/pace/dungeon crawl aspect? This is the first real one we've done, and I'd hate if it was being a drag.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 2, 2014

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I thought the pace was fine. There was enough space between encounters that I didn't really feel like I was heading towards burnout. I always think dungeons should have more stuff other than fighting, but even as a Dungeon Master I've never had much luck with that.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

[22:19] Hashtags I'm still enjoying the face
[22:20] Hashtags Most of my annoyance with the mosquitos was my own fault
[22:21] Hashtags I put myself in a bad position and purposefully neglected to check swarm immunities which bit me in the rear end (heh)
[22:21] Hashtags also I think that was the fight where I hosed up with delaying so

So yeah keep it up, I'm still having fun. My complaints are 100% system, not with you or the game itself. :shobon:

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Yeah face seems great so far. I'm enjoying the nods to gygaxian naturalism (Giant frogs next to insect riddled trash) and the random encounter being a patrol was pretty great. A good dungeon.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
So I already talked to Arivia about this but putting it out here to the whole group, I was kind of a grumpy jerk on Saturday due to non-game related things and I'm pretty sure I made the game a lot less fun for everyone. There's a difference between "pathfinder.txt lol" and sounding like a bitter tool and I know what side of the line I was on, so sorry guys. :(

Unrelated to the above, Arivia and I were talking about some suggestions to maybe make the Face run smoother in general, and she wanted me to put them up here in nice, pretty text format instead of IRC chat. So!

1) Perception checks. We're exploring, we're obviously looking around, and it slows us down a lot to have people roll their perception every time we enter a room. It also takes some of the fun out of it if you can see what your check was, and figure out if someone else should come look because you just rolled a 2 and you can't see poo poo. You know that there's something you don't know, which means it's not so much a trap as "take another minute for person X to walk forward and roll again". Passive perception, similarly, is also not great for this - we either know that a trap exists or we don't, with every possible permutation.

The way to resolve this and still keep an element of randomness is to have Arivia roll a group perception check (average out the perception values for the group, or maybe average out the top three, then use that + d20) in secret and then just have a list of them in a text file, and use that to determine if we spot whatever horrible monstrosity is waiting for us in the next room. This should speed us up, rather than having us wait around for the "I roll perception" *rolls perception* on every room, and means that as players we genuinely don't know if we're about to get ambushed or not (spoilers, we probably are).

2) Door humping. We end up fighting a lot of these fights within 3 squares of the room entrance just because half the party is still in the corridor, and it just makes the positioning duller than it has to be. If we have one or two people at the door and the rest of the group actually in the room, we should be able to avoid the clumping problems a little. This one isn't so much from a "slow moving tactical standpoint, this is the optimum result" as it is "this will make the game play better so just roll with it", and we'll all move actually into the room as we search for the horrible traps rather than having everyone hang back.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay!

Let's talk about last session. I've been sitting on this for awhile, and it took me a little bit to sort through my own stuff.

People had fun overall, but I came away with a not so good feeling. I'm not going to put that on any one thing or any one person - like I think some of my encounters didn't work out as well as I wanted them to, a lot of people were kind of having bad days, and there was a good amount of "pathfinder sucks" going around. I'm not going to be changing anything coming out of this last session - we had a bad week, it happens, let's just let it go.

But the one thing I would like to ask is if you have an issue with the game or the mechanics or something, please leave it until the end of the game and bring it up with me either privately or in #backtobasics. Things definitely got negative last time, and that wasn't helping - if we can save grousing about the mechanics to outside of actual play, I personally will be a lot happier and a lot more interested in running a good game right at that moment. Does that make sense? I did come out feeling pretty bitter, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I will see you all at the regular time today!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No game today. I'm lying here staring at the ceiling - I think I need a bit more time to get back into this after last weekend, and I'm going to have to do a bit of thinking to get my groove back, so to speak.

Sorry for the late notice: I wish I'd thought this through before I went to sleep.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Hope you feel better :(

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

RPZip posted:

Unrelated to the above, Arivia and I were talking about some suggestions to maybe make the Face run smoother in general, and she wanted me to put them up here in nice, pretty text format instead of IRC chat. So!

1) Perception checks. We're exploring, we're obviously looking around, and it slows us down a lot to have people roll their perception every time we enter a room. It also takes some of the fun out of it if you can see what your check was, and figure out if someone else should come look because you just rolled a 2 and you can't see poo poo. You know that there's something you don't know, which means it's not so much a trap as "take another minute for person X to walk forward and roll again". Passive perception, similarly, is also not great for this - we either know that a trap exists or we don't, with every possible permutation.

The way to resolve this and still keep an element of randomness is to have Arivia roll a group perception check (average out the perception values for the group, or maybe average out the top three, then use that + d20) in secret and then just have a list of them in a text file, and use that to determine if we spot whatever horrible monstrosity is waiting for us in the next room. This should speed us up, rather than having us wait around for the "I roll perception" *rolls perception* on every room, and means that as players we genuinely don't know if we're about to get ambushed or not (spoilers, we probably are).

2) Door humping. We end up fighting a lot of these fights within 3 squares of the room entrance just because half the party is still in the corridor, and it just makes the positioning duller than it has to be. If we have one or two people at the door and the rest of the group actually in the room, we should be able to avoid the clumping problems a little. This one isn't so much from a "slow moving tactical standpoint, this is the optimum result" as it is "this will make the game play better so just roll with it", and we'll all move actually into the room as we search for the horrible traps rather than having everyone hang back.

Bringing these back up for comments. I think both of them are pretty great ideas that would go a long way towards speeding up play. 1) would work well with how I do my notes already; I'd probably just use that for first approaches on a room (like if you see the gricks) and not for your own examinations after the fact. So like I'd have the ambush ready, but it would still require your input to check for the super-secret door or whatever.

As for the second, I think this would help a lot in general - I try not to move your tokens to facilitate player agency, but things got super messed a couple of times last session (especially with the mosquitos) and this would make it a lot cleaner. I think if we do that, establishing a set marching order would help. That way I can position you appropriately for the combat so Ipomea and Thomas aren't right in the way of danger, for example.

So what do you think?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

I think I'm ok with 'casual room check' and 'start combat with rearguard in the door' at the moment, but I can see the second one coming up to bite us if we start falling back (which is a useful thing to do in a level or two.

So I'm:

1 - Yes do this.
2 - Let's try this, but we may decide to change our minds in the future.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I like them both I should since I suggested them so I think we should implement them.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy
They sound good to me.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Having the DM move the group to individual encounters in Wrath has worked way better for me than trying to discern how often and to which degree I should move my tiny murder man's avatar in Back to Basics. Big fan of switching to that.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Experience for today:

480 XP each for the first wight fight
400 XP each for the second wight fight

That puts you at 13,312 / 15,000 XP to level 5.

I have some other stuff to go over, but I wanted to get that up before I forgot. The difference in experience gains (despite them being the same encounter) is that I balance the encounters for our standard group of 6, and then divide the xp the encounter gives by the number of people participating. So since Kalkun wasn't around for the first encounter, it got split five ways instead of six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay so I'm collecting notes and going over STUFF kind of re-examining the game's scope and where I want the campaign to go and stuff. Basically taking a second look at things. And one thing that came to mind is that I never got Hashtags and RPZip to add one thing to Sakara when they joined. So I'm inviting you two to do so now - add a new setting element, whether it's a place, a treatment of a race, a plot hook, something.

Anias, for example, described the roses creeping across the Wood's Heart; and I think Sagan added details on the place where Asgall came from. It doesn't have to be in the Wood's Heart, it can be anywhere in Sakara, but I'd like your input into our little campaign setting!

• Locked thread