Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
I've been listening to Earthquake Glue recently, and I'm extremely impressed. It's fantastic! In addition, I've been giving Honey Locust Honky Tonk and The Bears for Lunch a couple listens. Really good stuff on those two records. I'm overdoing it though. I had a dream that I was watching a GBV documentary. All of the facts were wrong but I'm just sitting there watching, nodding my head. Real fun losing my mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Soundtrack To Mary posted:

Does anyone here like the post-classic albums?

For the life of me, I can't see what's so fantastic about their lo-fi era. Sure they had some great songs occasionally, and plenty of interesting musical snippets, but on the whole, anything before Mag Earwhig just plain old isn't as good.

I adore the classic albums, but Earthquake Glue, Isolation Drills, and Half-Smiles of the Decomposed are really impressing me recently. But they're different, for sure.

Still, I would say that Bee Thousand is a contender for my favorite album of all time. It's absolutely in the top ten. Every song on it, to me, is fantastic in its own way. It's this beautiful collage that feels like it happened by accident, and honestly, it probably did.

Also, on a tangent, Honey Locust Honky Tonk is loving great. Where else should I look in Bob's solo career for the good stuff? He's spottier than the band, from the looks of it.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Ha, wow. Everyone's got different suggestions. I guess I'll look through them as I can. How's English Little League by the way? I really liked The Bears for Lunch and I'm hoping its indicative of a trend. I thought it was the best of the three albums that they released that year (lol gbv). "You Can Fly Anything Right" is such a wistful song, for some reason. Really hits me.

Also, Slick as Snails is loving sick. I've got to get "Speak Kindly..." I wonder what it's like to listen to other musicians. What a madcap adventure that must be.

• Locked thread