Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Twee as gently caress posted:

Keeping up with Pollard is like a full time job. I listened to ELL, I have yet to give Down by the Race Track a spin, I have a backlog of like 20 solo/collaboration RP to buy/go through.

When I have some spare cash, I'll go to GBV Digital and just buy a random Pollard album. You'll usually end up with a bunch of filler, but also get one or two gems that make it all worth it.

Speaking of Pollard side-projects, I really liked the last Lifeguards album too. It's worth checking out.

I got a copy of Bee Thousand at a GoodWill years ago, and after I finished listening to it I was hooked. I started to get as much GBV stuff as I could. From the lo-fi classic lineup, to their power-pop major albums, they are fantastic. Hell, for one of my Japanese classes a few years back, I got to give a speech about them to my class. It was both awesome and awkward for most of my classmates, who had never heard of them. I uploaded the PowerPoint to my skydrive.

Although I will disagree with the OP about Do The Collapse. To me, Ric Ocasek's production made that album way too sterile, and I hate the keyboards they used. I'm fine with the cleaned up production, but I would rather go with Isolation Drills instead. It's a lot stronger. Also, the video for Glad Girls is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Twee as gently caress posted:

Oh yeah I should add GBV Digital to the OP, such a great resource. I really liked the Lifeguards album too. Did you give that presentation in Japan or State-side?

Unfortunately, it was State-side, Although a good half of the class was Korean and Chinese. I wish I kept a draft of it, because it was pretty funny. I went over the history of the band, what "Lo-Fi" was, a bit about Pollard, and played some clips of the songs. The whole assignment was to make a presentation about something we liked (With the only requirement being that it was not Anime or Manga.) and I actually got an A on it. My teacher also said she liked Motor Away, so it was a success all around.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
New Pollard track on StereoGum. Sounds pretty good, especially considering English Little league came out just last week and we're already on a new Pollard solo album.

• Locked thread