Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
I'm quite curious about basically the same things Cosmic Charlie is here - but I'll admit the extent of the research I have done is to think to myself, "Huh, that'd be nice." and glance at the kits that are on sale. I've basically assumed that all of the cheap kits will have terrible video quality.

Cosmic Charlie posted:

I would like to use one to see who is at my door before I open it, think electronic peephole.

This is the point that really interests me though. The way my house is set up, I can't see who is in the driveway or at the front door. I've thought about installing a security camera over the garage, and sending the video to a tablet glued to the wall by the door. Exactly how I would do this though, I haven't quite figured out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread