Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I have a Synology NAS that supports IP Camera capture/logging and remote interface. I don't have a need for a security camera, but it was more of a "oh, I can do this now, maybe it'd be fun to play with" for either identifying people outside my building or just for security.

My question is more from a deterrent view, are cameras an actual deterrent, or is the sole value of the camera recording the break-in/etc when it happens, and then isn't an alarm system on doors/windows a better first move?

My brother in law is looking at getting a system too, so I love reading stuff like this just to know where its at, technology-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread