Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

What's the fastest way to raise pickpocket at relatively low levels in Elona+? I incarnated a Juere Thief and I'm almost level 10, but I want to be decent at crimes before I embark on my quest to commit massive tax evasion and become a shittier Robin Hood who steals from everyone and gives to no one.

For low level pickpocketing use your level up points.

If you don't want to do that, just make it a habit to steal furniture when unobserved in towns Most towns have a few good spots behind buildings and the like. You can't really grind out pickpocket until you have a decent amount of it (or enough strength to be able to seal trees, but if you are almost level 10 you probably don't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
1.87 is out.
https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30073

A repeatable hunting side-quest, available from black gauntlet <Leold> which gives music tickets
Tobacco got an attribute buff
New Poison attack AOE with Research Poisons feat. Level 50 Gene Engineer and level 20 Tactics and no friendly fire
Stoke sells a unique artifact that allows your pets to get the Shooting Mode buff

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30200
A whole bunch of random stuff update.

The ability to talk your way out of fights. Maybe.
A bunch of new weapons.
Equipment weighing 0.1s can be lightened by smiths.
A fusion item that removes the last part of corruption you got.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
So a couple years ago I made a bunch of changes after cantorsdust posted his edits in this thread. I merged all of those changes into the newest version of elona so I could play through again. Figured I'd share it.

You can find it here: https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30363

Garfu fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 17, 2019

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Garfu posted:

So a couple years ago I made a bunch of changes after cantorsdust posted his edits in this thread. I merged all of those changes into the newest version of elona so I could play through again. Figured I'd share it.

You can find it here: https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/User:Garfu2

Just as a note I definitely appreciate this and it'll be this build I use when I finally fall back into the Elona hole. I've just been meaning to do so for loving ages, and keep putting it off while I wait for the next version or the next character.bmp or whatever.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Stelas posted:

Just as a note I definitely appreciate this and it'll be this build I use when I finally fall back into the Elona hole. I've just been meaning to do so for loving ages, and keep putting it off while I wait for the next version or the next character.bmp or whatever.

Nice! I had the same issue. I wanted to play through again but wanted to see where the end game content lead. I hadn't played since 1.72 so there's a lot more to do in Act3 now.

My current character with my build is 10hrs old and I haven't even entered Lesimas yet so there is still a lot of game to be played with this build, even though it lightens the load quite a bit.

Here's a link to a full download of everything put together so you don't have to go gather the bits: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xpUeFGeu8Pp6w5kdBnBv0FD_2R4Yk_RF

edit: I've been making regular updates though, but you'd only need to replace the exe from my wikia profile posted earlier. I think the only thing missing from the one in that download package is domination still has unlimited stock. The most recent exe has that fixed though.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Garfu posted:

edit: I've been making regular updates though, but you'd only need to replace the exe from my wikia profile posted earlier. I think the only thing missing from the one in that download package is domination still has unlimited stock. The most recent exe has that fixed though.

So we download the google drive link and then an exe from the wiki link?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Devor posted:

So we download the google drive link and then an exe from the wiki link?

Yeah that's probably your best bet. You'd be fine with just the full package from this thread though

edit: updated version, check release date: https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30363

Garfu fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 17, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30400
The ranch overhaul

Eating food now gives an equal xp amount your pets get
Ranches grow produce faster and only holds a month's worth
Ranch animals can get sick if you don't clean up the ranch
Fixed not being able to make snow mans from handfuls of snow - whew

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Scalding Coffee posted:

https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30400
The ranch overhaul

Eating food now gives an equal xp amount your pets get
Ranches grow produce faster and only holds a month's worth
Ranch animals can get sick if you don't clean up the ranch
Fixed not being able to make snow mans from handfuls of snow - whew

So finally finished reading this thread from start to finish! Scalding Coffee, thanks for posting the changelogs! Kind of weird going through 6 years worth of content and seeing the game evolve.

Are there any good resources on how to do custom sprites/portraits? I've found a few but haven't been able to get them to work quite right.

Also, an Elona story.

I was doing a reading party with my army of pets, but had to keep resting because of the stam drain. Then I realized that I had Drain Blood and you don't lose karma for killing children. So the people of Noyel were treated to a horrifying sight of a party of adventurers hanging out in the center of the town reading, and every so often the lead adventurer would stand up, exsanguinate a nearby child, then eat the corpse. Then go back to reading.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
So, wait, does this mean farmers basically don't have to do anything at all outside of their farm/ranch/house/shop complex and can gain levels just by growing produce, making it into food, and eating the food?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Donkringel posted:

Also, an Elona story.

I was doing a reading party with my army of pets, but had to keep resting because of the stam drain. Then I realized that I had Drain Blood and you don't lose karma for killing children. So the people of Noyel were treated to a horrifying sight of a party of adventurers hanging out in the center of the town reading, and every so often the lead adventurer would stand up, exsanguinate a nearby child, then eat the corpse. Then go back to reading.

This is peak Elona right here. Love it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Angry Diplomat posted:

So, wait, does this mean farmers basically don't have to do anything at all outside of their farm/ranch/house/shop complex and can gain levels just by growing produce, making it into food, and eating the food?
That would be very slow, but you can do that. You can also use the produce and fishing goods to gain favor with gods every so often. Be sure to keep the place clean like some Tamagotchi farm. You can interact with animals in several ways to make them more productive and don't forget to hug them.

How many more years until we are able to build our own town around our palace? Just know it is in the works.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Donkringel posted:

So finally finished reading this thread from start to finish! Scalding Coffee, thanks for posting the changelogs! Kind of weird going through 6 years worth of content and seeing the game evolve.

yeah actually i wanna second this, i appreciate you keeping this thread bumped with changelogs, scalding coffee. i return to the game every couple years and its usually a changelog youve posted that reminds me

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Short of posting the wall of text for each changelog, should I add anything else to my usual update or put up reminders of something game related? I use some other mods that machine translate the unfinished stuff that existed for years, but those updates may permanently corrupt a save or something terrible, so I leave them out.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I've been thinking of trying this game, mainly because I have been reading lots of Isekai manga and I hear this is the closest thing to actually playing an Isekai game out there.

A few questions :

1) Is there a summoner type class or some class where I can get lots of followers that I buff up to let them fight poo poo for me?
2) While looking poo poo up about the game, I see both Elona+ recommended and something about an 'Omake variant'. Which would be recommended for a first-time player?
3) Everything I can find about Elona+ mentions japanese only, and using google translate. How much of a pain is this? Is there any unofficial Elona+ english translation or anything IDK?
4) What else should I know about this before I take a look at the game

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

khy posted:

I've been thinking of trying this game, mainly because I have been reading lots of Isekai manga and I hear this is the closest thing to actually playing an Isekai game out there.

A few questions :

1) Is there a summoner type class or some class where I can get lots of followers that I buff up to let them fight poo poo for me?
2) While looking poo poo up about the game, I see both Elona+ recommended and something about an 'Omake variant'. Which would be recommended for a first-time player?
3) Everything I can find about Elona+ mentions japanese only, and using google translate. How much of a pain is this? Is there any unofficial Elona+ english translation or anything IDK?

1) there's about a million ways to get minions so you don't really need a class for that.
2) E+ is the main one that's in English.
3) There's an english translation called ElonaCustom. Noted cool guy Garfu linked his less grinding version above.
4) Everyone loves Shena's rear end.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Short of posting the wall of text for each changelog, should I add anything else to my usual update or put up reminders of something game related? I use some other mods that machine translate the unfinished stuff that existed for years, but those updates may permanently corrupt a save or something terrible, so I leave them out.

what you're up to is fantastic, tbh. you usually say like "this thing is extra pertinent" if there's some more impactful change and whatnot and i cant imagine im gonna install the translation stuff lol

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

If you want to be heavily minion-focused, try playing a Pianist. You'll have billions of charisma and be able to maintain a ridiculous number of pets at the same time.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

khy posted:

A few questions :

If you download the full package from my thread (linked a few posts up) and launch with the 'ElonaCG.exe' you will get the full translated experience. Launched with the ElonaCGFU.exe for my variant that's less grindy but I wouldn't play that until you know the game and what you like/don't like about it.

edit: crap I didn't include the ElonaCG.exe... get it from here: https://mega.nz/#F!KIAFlQyJ!kS22YPUE9Aa2jHLGssaXRg?2IJ1UCBL

Stick that in the base folder and run it.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 25, 2019

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Garfu posted:

If you download the full package from my thread (linked a few posts up) and launch with the 'ElonaCG.exe' you will get the full translated experience. Launched with the ElonaCGFU.exe for my variant that's less grindy but I wouldn't play that until you know the game and what you like/don't like about it.

edit: crap I didn't include the ElonaCG.exe... get it from here: https://mega.nz/#F!KIAFlQyJ!kS22YPUE9Aa2jHLGssaXRg?2IJ1UCBL

Stick that in the base folder and run it.

If I have been playing on elona+ 1.87, is there a way for me to Port my character over to custom to get the translations? I started playing the game without reading about the current scene, just remembering that elona was no longer supported and to get elona+. I'm about to finish act1, and dreading the untranslated stuff in act2.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah just download the newest version and copy your save into it's save folder. It will automatically port over when you load it.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I decided to install and try out a new version.

What the gently caress is this thirsty bullshit? I have to carry around 30 potions so I am not constantly dying of thirst? Uggghhhhh

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Mistikman posted:

I decided to install and try out a new version.

What the gently caress is this thirsty bullshit? I have to carry around 30 potions so I am not constantly dying of thirst? Uggghhhhh

Yes that took me a bit to get my head around. Noyel snow will quench you thirst. Puppy cave stocking up on potions helps too.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

If you have halfway decent negotiation and investment skills, you can invest some money in your local potion merchant and just snag a whole stack of cheap healing potions whenever you happen to be in the area. It costs a pittance after the initial investment, it doesn't take you out of your way, and it also ensures you won't forget to check for any rare and desirable potions they might have in stock once you invest them to higher store levels.

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001
Also drink your booze

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

khy posted:

A few questions :

The buff is called Cheer and it works on all your pets on the screen. It is a Feat you can get right off of starting a new character.

If you don't like the hydration mechanic, I use Elona Custom-G to turn it off. To use that, you may have to use Elona Custom first and install over that.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

So apparently completing the original main quest triggers a 3 year time skip and everything your ranches produce over those 3 years is stored. Guess I don't have to worry about eggs anymore.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I am deeply concerned at the very idea of chicken milk.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
Ranching isn't for the faint of heart

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Well.

It certainly is Elona.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
I feel like with all the other wonkiness of Elona, that there’s a wasted opportunity for other inappropriate ranching products.

4 cursed panties of little girl
1 blessed puppies heart
7 Shena’s rear end

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Oh that's good to know. I have three ranches, one putit, one wing snail, and one rabbit. Should I sub out one of them with a different animal for the time skip you folks think?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Wait you can have multiple ranches? What the gently caress

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Donkringel posted:

Oh that's good to know. I have three ranches, one putit, one wing snail, and one rabbit. Should I sub out one of them with a different animal for the time skip you folks think?

I've heard it suggested that you put quicklings in your ranch for the time skip, since their food increases speed, but they produce/reproduce very slowly.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Donkringel posted:

Chickens are the best egg producers (surprisingly logical for Elona) so you might want one of those.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wait you can have multiple ranches? What the gently caress

The only building that's limited to 1 is your house, otherwise you can have as many as you want. Every ally assigned to a ranch counts against your 15 max ally limit though.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Managed to get <Whom dwell in the vanity> executed in a werewolf vote and now his figurine, card, and armageddon sword are mine. :getin:

Dire Lemming posted:

The only building that's limited to 1 is your house, otherwise you can have as many as you want. Every ally assigned to a ranch counts against your 15 max ally limit though.

Welp, this changes everything.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Managed to get <Whom dwell in the vanity> executed in a werewolf vote and now his figurine, card, and armageddon sword are mine. :getin:

Welp, this changes everything.

Good job! Vernis is safer with him dead.

Multiple stores can be useful if you specialized the stores. One store could be geared to selling food for example, making use of your high end fishing meals (or farm meals, ranch meals, etc).

Another thing I like to do is having a storage house next to every city. That way if I need to drop off random junk I don't need to trek to my base/city.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not sure if it got changed, but one poo poo from Aliens was like hundreds of pounds. Other animals might also make Dark Matter dumps.

ducttape posted:

I've heard it suggested that you put quicklings in your ranch for the time skip, since their food increases speed, but they produce/reproduce very slowly.
I doubt they breed.

Ranches only hold a month's worth of items since the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30736
The new weapon types update and orc army

Artifact versions of the new weapon types appear as random spawns. Waiting for an update to assign them to special NPCs.
Monsters at lower level than the character now give at least 10 exp.
Touch of Hunger debuffs with double hunger and thirst loss.
New animations for ranged weapons.
A special update if you use a new house deed.
New materials.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 17, 2019