Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You may have noticed a little change in the wiki. The activity feed is gone and broken into three separate links. Links are under the Recent Changes section under Explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://elona.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000029807

All the ball, bolt, and arrow-type spells have been overhauled to be more balanced. Each type performs equal to bolt spells and have parity with equal attribute/skills
Spellbooks give more spell stock and doesn't rely on remaining stock when counting
Can write books and spell books using various tables
2 new songs

https://lpbeach.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80&p=7249#p7249
Alternate site has been updated as well.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 31, 2020

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Anyone playing Elona Mobile? Might sound like blasphemy, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit and plan to play the official release big time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mugaaz posted:

Anyone playing Elona Mobile? Might sound like blasphemy, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit and plan to play the official release big time.

It's much better than I thought it would be when I randomly saw it in the Play Store yeah

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
2.03 The English translation for Adventure Seminar update
https://elona.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000037554

English translation for Adventure Seminar.
I would count that as enough for an update. A newbie friendly tutorial in English that isn't barebones.
Debris gives more exp
A boss-race dependent item from clearing Nefia will halve a skill's level and give back three skill points
New special actions that curse all your gear or use scrolls like a ninja and other things
AI changes for some lowly special enemies

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I'm super excited to see anything about "English" in Elona patch notes, I hope this continues, I'm kinda shocked someone doesn't work with Ana more to do this, you'd think someone knows some engrish and there's no doubt a small demand for it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Elona Mobile has been out on iOS (for a while apparently?)

It's... not bad for trying to play Elona on a phone. The difficulty curve seems completely different, and there's a shitload of login bonus / achievement rewards to get you in the habit of wanting to buy P2W currency.

But overall 4/5 stars for spending a couple hours so far.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Only rated Teen. Does it allow blood and gore?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Only rated Teen. Does it allow blood and gore?

I don’t know, but I have confirmed that NPCs still think that Sheena has a nice rear end

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
2.04 Begging and Tickle Torture
https://elona.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000038751

They are now a thing
Custom sound files and you are the director
Can't use Dominate when dueling
Memory Converters get used up
Tutorial has been changed

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Scalding Coffee posted:

2.04 Begging and Tickle Torture
https://elona.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000038751

They are now a thing
Custom sound files and you are the director
Can't use Dominate when dueling
Memory Converters get used up
Tutorial has been changed

You need to check the Markov generator that you use to generate these patch notes, it's gone off the rails a bit

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

As someone who doesn't read Japanese, what's the currently recommended version of the game to get? Last I played was just when Custom was taking off and it was a confusing mess of what to play.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
2.04 is the best version to start playing.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
An unusual inquiry, perhaps: does anyone still have a copy of Elona+ 1.72 from October 2017? I've found mention of an archive of old Elona+ versions, but no actual archive. The old Axfc Uploader URLs I've dug up for it 404, which I guess is to be expected.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Here ya go: https://garfu.dev/elonaplus1.72.zip

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Holy crow, that was quick! Thanks a ton!

Is there an archive out there somewhere?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

minidracula posted:

Holy crow, that was quick! Thanks a ton!

Is there an archive out there somewhere?

Nope I just have a bunch of versions personally archived cause I used to maintain an edited version

edit: woops I think that one is also edited. I don't think I have an unedited version

Garfu fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 26, 2021

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I'll check my version, I haven't updated from when I started tracking this thread.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

God, the thirst mechanic is rear end.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can get a juicer and bash some trees. I think you can mix rotten fruit and drink that safely. You can walk in the pools for a bit, drink any potion, order a drink, or eat food cargo. Only problem is being filled and you can piss it out.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Scalding Coffee posted:

You can get a juicer and bash some trees. I think you can mix rotten fruit and drink that safely. You can walk in the pools for a bit, drink any potion, order a drink, or eat food cargo. Only problem is being filled and you can piss it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrBJDvPZf2g

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Just get a magaqua, it keeps you wet all the time which stops your thirst from going down and then you can just constantly enjoy the absurd stamina regen buff being over-hydrated gives you with no upkeep.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
I suspect this is not at all news (since I've seen similar messages elsewhere posted at least as recently as January 2019), but just as a data point in time: Noa is still around, and will provide you with the source code on request (to the original 1.22 version, natch). A very nice person!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
2.05 Speed caps and Act boss drops
https://elona.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000039347

Beating an Act boss gives you a reusable item that raises any low attributes to a certain point for a while. Helps your newer pets get up to speed.
Sophia gives you items as well when you clear acts.
You can fuse Time Stop.
Bartender food buff gets nerfed into the ground.
Everyone pretty much obeys a 5 turn speed limit against much slower opponents. No more taking 20 turns against snails.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 12, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Today is the 15th anniversary of this game.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Scalding Coffee posted:

Today is the 15th anniversary of this game.

Happy birthday Elona! I never got very far in this game but I'm glad it exists and I'm sure I will deep dive it one day

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Happy birthday Elona!

I need to get my save off my old computer and play it.

Because nothing says "new high end gaming rig" than playing a 15 year old sprite based rpg game.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

What resolution settings do people use? I have a 4K screen with a slightly unfortunate 3:2 aspect ratio and it's really difficult to get it to run and not be blurry.

I've recently picked back up Elona+ 1.90.4.2 Custom-G and I'm having a great time, but I wish it was easier to get it to run in fullscreen on modern monitors.

Also I wish Custom-G got updated again, I don't think I can give it up and go back to plain elona+. At least they are compatible.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 30, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Unfortunately, you are stuck at some fixed resolution even if you tried to change it. I think one of the mods I don't use allows custom.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Everyone pretty much obeys a 5 turn speed limit against much slower opponents. No more taking 20 turns against snails.

nooo

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
2.05Plus+Custom GX

For a change of pace
https://github.com/Ruin0x11/ElonaPlusCustom-GX/releases/tag/2.05.1.0

Ported all changes from Elona+ 2.05, using Elona+ Custom-G 1.90.2.4 as a base.
Uncapped resolution
No limit on skill or spell points
Running in the world map
Can transfer 2.05 saves

https://github.com/Ruin0x11/ElonaPlusCustom-GX#readme
How to get it running.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 10, 2021

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ohhh boy...may be time for a GFU update

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Scalding Coffee posted:

2.05Plus+Custom GX

For a change of pace

Uncapped resolution
Running in the world map
Can transfer 2.05 saves

oh thank god i can finally play this game again

once again thank you for keeping this thread updated

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Scalding Coffee posted:

2.05Plus+Custom GX

For a change of pace

Uncapped resolution
Running in the world map
Can transfer 2.05 saves

Oh my.

Welp I guess it's time to come back to elona again.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Verviticus posted:

oh thank god i can finally play this game again

once again thank you for keeping this thread updated
Much appreciated.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Scalding Coffee posted:

2.05Plus+Custom GX

That require some .net or whatever to run in Windows 10? It immediately closes when opened.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://github.com/Ruin0x11/ElonaPlusCustom-GX#readme
Instructions that I should have added.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i installed the entire thing and played for a few hours but came across something weird - 'serious begging', added in 2.04, is in the game and i can see it, but the drink that the bartenders sell which was added in 2.05 is not

edit: also i havent actually seen thirst as a mechanic yet

edit2: yeah thirst isnt showing up at all. i'd wonder if i installed the game incorrectly, but again, changes from some other patches well after 1.90 are in the game

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 11, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I think thirst might have been removed earlier on in custom versions? It's definitely a PITA so I don't mind it if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

oh yeah looking it up it appears custom g removed thirst. still wonder about the bartender though - if i fire up just elonaplus.exe the option is there

edit: digging through the changelog some of the other post 2.0 changes are still there so good enough i guess

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 11, 2021