Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
One of the things that really killed my interest in the thread was the GM changes and the drastic changes in tempo and storytelling that happened really fast and way too often. It really threw me off. While a dedicated GM would be great, at this point theres maybe 3 active players left and a bunch of former characters.

I think it might be best to just let this die at this point or start over. There's too many abandoned characters around to manage at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
You're probably right. Well, whatever happens, it was a hell of a game and lasted a lot longer than most.

If DI is still lurking for whatever reason, though, I would love to see his notes for what he had planned and what stuff went on in the background our PCs never even knew about.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yo if DI is down but busy I have all his notes and my planned twists and would love to rap about this radass game.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I can pull all my notes out if everyone wants to see them. It will rapidly become apparent that I grossly overplanned.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If you don't get to it before I'm back from work I'll paste in my copy.

The major flaw, I think, was that there was a major lack of a strong "act 2". The early game and end game were drat next to brilliant, but getting from point A to B was totally up in the air.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I could have bridged the acts together better, yeah. It was my first time running a campaign so I take it as a learning experience.

So without further ado, here's the notes I sent to Maltose, with a little additional elaboration in points where I realized I needed to do some. I'm interested in seeing what he wanted to do differently/elaborate on.

-If there's a superhero group called the Illuminati running poo poo, who's gonna oppose them? Majestic-12, that's who. Majestic-12 is behind it all. Loki and the Enchantress cooked up a plan to turn the superhero community against each other and assembled a team of like-minded people to help them.
The roster is currently Loki, the Enchantress, Mandarin, Baron Mordo, Magneto, General Ross, the Kingpin, Madame Masque, Norman Osborn, Viper (who is Madame Hydra now if she wasn't in Civil War) and fuckin Dracula. They are looking to invite Namor because he seems smart enough to jump sides when one side has a massive upper hand. Also of note is that they have been willing to use their control to turn the Avengers against organizations that aren't working with them. Hence, why the Avengers have come down repeatedly on AIM and are fighting the KRAKOA base operated by the Hand (which is actually a secret robot battle station built by AIM for the Hand, and Hydra has redirected the Avengers to destroying for them).

-The case Black Cat took from Tony? She had a secret meeting with the Tinkerer to try and get it open. Turns out the case is actually a regenerative nanite colony protecting whatever Tony put in it. It's actually Captain America's outfit and shield, which nobody knows about. She'll get access to the thing she needs to open it in the Fantastic Four's building and then from there has to decide what to do. (You guys now know this, I understand).

-Maria Hill is actually the Enchantress. You'll recall she sent War Machine to the Avengers as a contact, while working face-to-face with the Thunderbolts. She is... worried is not the word, but doesn't think she should take any chances meeting Strange (or Doom, for that matter) face-to-face.

-Senator Margaret Doons (you know, the lady who has been trying to tip off the team and is feeding them info to stay one step ahead?) is Loki. Naturally the God of Mischief is misrepresenting himself. He's basically stretching out the conflict by letting guys like Rand and Herc stay ahead of SHIELD, which appeals to his dick nature, but it also wins their trust. That means that he can drop information leading the fugitive heroes to...

-THE APERTURE. That portal in orbit sends you to a planet way the gently caress away. Reed thinks he is doing the same things he did in the canon timeline (Prison 42, the nanites) but since he is actually working at the behest of MJ-12, they are working a little differently. The "mind control nanites" that the Thunderbolts are supposedly dosed with are just Magneto doing like he did as Xorn, while the Prison 42 tech is basically being used to memory wipe and dump captured heroes, which leads me to the next part...

-The Prison beneath the orbital station that Tony and Sable are boarding is the real prison. They realized they'd never keep people like Captain America or Ms. Marvel locked up through conventional means, so imprisoned them with THEIR VERY NATURE. (Note: I am very proud of this idea). Basically, they make it so their memories are lost and get dumped on the planet below in a basically identical scenario. In the case of Captain America, he found himself stumbling upon a tribe of humanoids of medieval-ish technology being attacked by all kinds of crazy monsters. He then jumps in and saves them even though he doesn't have any weapons (more on this in the next point). They take him back to their fort and make him their king. He doesn't fully remember who he is but the fact that they get attacked all the goddamn time by these monster armies means that he stays focused on protecting his people and never has enough time to investigate his origins. I figured Cap and Carol were good candidates for this scenario and there could also be others.

-Basically, Loki and the Enchantress are going to orchestrate a big knock-down battle when Doons tells the anti-reg heroes that Captain America is being held in a prison on the other end of the portal, while Hill sends the Avengers after them, saying it's a decoy to get them to walk into a trap. The Thunderbolts are held "in reserve" which actually means the MJ-12 are going to use them as their heavies after the plan. This is the next really big throwdown as everyone is battling to free Steve Rogers or arrest the anti-reg Avengers. Once everyone gets through the portal to the other side, the earthside portal is destroyed, stranding EVERYONE there. Loki would probably make a bad guy speech as he does it, because he is a dick. This marks the end of Act II.

-From here, the characters would have to work out their differences as they make the station their base and head down to the planet to look around. When they approach the largest settlement, they will be taken to the leader of the city by an army of guys with white circular shields. They of course realize this guy is Captain America but he won't hear anything about leaving, because the people in the castle town are looking to him for protection. The party should try and win his trust by finding and stopping the source of the attacks (which turns out to be a MacGuffin created by Loki or the Mandarin or whatever). He then agrees to come back to help the party save earth and suggests that we reach out to some of the other settlements on the planet. We find that other settlements are basically in the exact same scenario but with a different hero (so maybe Carol Danvers or Wolverine might be in something of the same situation).

-Meanwhile back at the station, Reed, Tony and whichever science heroes are trying to rebuild the gate, but aren't making progress, so they have to come up with other methods. The players can decide whether to attempt to contact a major spacefaring power nearby (kind of a gamble; they're not sure whose space they are in) or try to travel between realms using Mjolnir (which will require them to fight through places like Niflheim and Vanaheim and Muspelheim before reaching Asgard, where they can get to Midgard).

-If players get stuck back on earth, the Majestic-12 is probably trying to take down anyone who isn't working for them. Doom (who has decided the Avengers reforming was really his doing) has gathered anyone who stayed behind and wants to stick it to Loki and his gang. Other NPCs I had set up for this role were Mystique (who I was going to have posing as Pepper), Gambit (because who else does Mystique hate more?) and Black Panther (who doesn't even want to hang out with you idiots) and any players who stay behind for whatever reason.

After this, it's just kind of "TAKE EARTH BACK" and add as many big fights as possible. Possibilities were Iron Fist returning Mjolnir to help with the return of Thor, or Strange and the Illuminati going to find the Hulk (who I was going to have on the original destination world like in that What If about it) and having to earn his trust to get his aid. Or convincing Galactus to help. Either way it would be a huge fight.

Miscellaneous stuff that I had as significant plot points.
-Strange still has that holodrive in his garage. If War Machine and any two members of the Illuminati are there without Tony, the program will assume Tony is dead and they've brought Rhodey in to replace him. It will then converse with them, apologizing to Rhodey for whatever work he's left undone, and unlock the design Tony put behind the partition. It's a doomsday weapon Tony designed last time they were on the ropes as a last resort and then locked up in his brain because it was dangerous to even know about. He called it the Last Avenger, and it's designed to be used in the event that everyone is beaten and Earth is doomed, because then all life in the universe probably is too. Its detonation creates a pocket dimension in the blast zone and then collapses that back into realspace, collapsing an entire universe in on whatever's inside. Basically it's a missile that drops you into a universe on the losing end of an Incursion.

-The Mandarin was after the drive at the behest of MJ-12, who found out about the backup and are trying to use it to create a version of Tony without a conscience to make them weapons. They're also going to load it into all the Iron Man armors they can find in Stark Tower and use them as police drones which is another thing that Hickman did but I thought of beforehand!

-Speaking of, the reason Danny can't get coverage out is because they turned WHITNEY loose policing all forms of media. She was Stark Tower's cybersecurity AI (posing as a greeting machine) before this and she is very aggressive at policing the dataspine. This is why I made the Stark dataspine and its enormous sway over the modern communication infrastructure a key point early on.

-Doom was never going to betray you. When I saw the incredulity that the players looked at him with, I realized I could never have him do that, because you probably all had a contingency plan for when that happened. He's 100% on board and considers the New Avengers to be one of his best creations.

-I understand the frustration that writers have working with Dr. Strange, since I had to make sure Loki and the Enchantress had worked out a system to keep him away from them at all times, otherwise he'd almost certainly be able to see through their illusion spells with the Eye of Agamotto. Morand signing up to play War Machine as a SHIELD liason was like a light from heaven.

My actual paper outline is more like a bunch of circles with lines between them but this is the bullet points, more or less. All in all, I think next time I run a game it will be a little less sweeping in scale and not involve multiple giant campaigns within a larger campaign, partially because you need to escalate threats and by the end I had to go with "I guess Galactus."

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 23, 2015

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Well, uh, holy poo poo. I'm super sad that didn't all come to fruition, but god drat is that a great remix of Civil War to be not stupid.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
So... you're saying we needed to punch more wizards in the dick? Because it really sounds like they all have it coming, one way or another. If you're pulling back the screen and everybody is definitely calling it quits then I'll show the only card I was holding in reserve which might have made for a fun time for all,

Remember back in Breakout when somebody had to talk down the Sentry from his sad, sad moment of introspection? I'd been saving that the Phone a Friend (Sentry) card from that in order to wait for just the most dramatic and horrible moment to drop the ole Wrath of Bob on some poor fools. Lager and I (and whoever else) were going to pool XP on it and pitch in to really God-mode it up. Now we'll never see the fruition of Plan S for Sentry. :(

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I was going to lay on "Doom likes you. Doom wants to be an Avenger. Doom is trying to befriend you in his awkward way." really thick in Act 3 to the point of changing one of his distinctions to "Creator of the Avengers" just to see people try and figure out what his angle for betrayal was.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah that was pretty fun idea honestly, although I like to think we would have simply gone with it and assumed he was a malfunctioning Doombot. (which would have done nothing to stop us from going out for sushi and froyo after a great victory over the hated RICHARDS)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I would have been so down for Dr. Doom, The Avengers' Pal. So down.

The only thing up my sleeve was that Hawkeye was Daredevil, a twist I didn't even create, but was planning to use to entertaining effect to have Clint try and relay information to each side to keep them from ever really fighting while also trying to keep people on track with saving things and fighting crime. This would not have gone well for him! I had plans for him trying to deal with Kate hating him for being on Pro-Reg while also trying to help her as Daredevil, and the fun of Daredevil-Clint actually being more aligned with his own feelings than Hawkeye-Clint. Then everything would fall apart because he wanted to do everything himself and everyone would be pissed at Hawkeye for taking dumb risks, as it should be.

Also, with this I think every MHR game in TGR is on hold or flatlined, which makes me sad, and vaguely motivated to try and run one myself. This is also probably a bad idea, especially because I have no idea what I would even try to run as the story.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Now that I know what was planned, I am even more mega-bummed out!

For what it's worth, (1) I actually did think Doom was sincere (and kinda lonely, the poor megalomaniacal lug!) and (2) Shadowjack would gladly have kept following Hill's orders even if he found out she was the Enchantress. Actually, probably even more enthusiastically.

edit: At this point, I think any of us could have a real go at running a fun MHR game. It's more a question of having time and energy to devote to it (at least in my case).

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 23, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Really sorry to see this game go. I know I've been fairly quiet the last couple months but I was watching and kept hoping something would happen to keep this game limping along. The game was a blast, though, and DI's plans looked pretty badass. Interested to hear what Maltose was looking at doing with any changes and such.

I'd love to give another shot at running MHR on here, but I fear my free time is at a premium these days and so I'm not sure I'd be able to run a game at this point, especially given how the Conan-themed game I tried to run fizzled out. If anyone runs another game, though, I'll at least read along.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ibntumart posted:

edit: At this point, I think any of us could have a real go at running a fun MHR game. It's more a question of having time and energy to devote to it (at least in my case).

That's my bigger problem too. I'd be pretty fine to play in someone else's, but I doubt I could pull off GMing. I'm sure I could come up with some concept (OG Secret War redux, as a tribute to the new Battleworld? Some variant on every single 'SHIELD turns/was always evil' story? Clone Saga except everyone has clones?), but I very likely won't have the time or energy to commit to regularly updating for the next few months, at minimum, and I would feel bad starting something like that when there's a strong possibility I won't even develop the time further down the line.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I can't GM to save my life sadly.

Thanks for the outline. It sounds like it would have been pretty rad.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Defiance Industries posted:

"I guess Galactus."

I was going to drop The Beyonder wearing Galactus' hat and the Infinity Gauntlet, because you guys are PROS and therefore could HANDLE THAT HEAT.

So, points I was going to deviate on before I realized that just because christmas is over on the calendar it's not close to over in the wild world of finance:

-Majestic 12 had some membership changes, with Fisk not being a member in full but more than happy to toss funds their way because he has actual no-cape crimes to commit. In his place I beefed up M12's SCIENCE stat by throwing in

- Hank McCoy. Or, rather, DARK HANK MCCOY. In a fitting description of our relative GMing talents where DI preempted Hickman I preempted Bendis' wet fart of an x-run. So, yes, there was a mole in the Avengers itself. The entire idea of Planet 1602 was going to be adapted from an evil plan of Dark Beast's old boss Apocalypse, a world where not only the strongest would survive but the STRONGEST IDEOLOGY would reign supreme. Real Beast would also be on planet, doing Hank McCoy stuff like loving up royally and turning people blue as he does.

- with my recruits I was planning to have the entire mutant population give the US the middle finger and at least temporarily reside in Atlantis, where things could progress further.

- During the big APERTURE fight, Doctor Strange and Namor would be present for the final push to end this war! Only to be the two dingbats not sucked through the portal to Apocalypse World, thus being beaten down and captured by Majestic 12.

- Reed was also going to be on the prison planet, because he managed to realize in this best of all possible worlds that superhuman concentration camps are bad. All the actual prison tech would be made by Hank Pym, who is not a well man at the best of times. Wonder Man may have been able to pull him back from the brink, if we got anywhere.

- Loki's big evil villain speech (which I preemptively wrote out because hubris) had a passage about how Majestic 12 only existed because, since Thor had embodied a new dynamic with Danny Rand so too could Loki become hip and cool. Instead of WHITNEY stomping out every attempt to use social media, it was Loki personally stopping every attempt. Because it would be such an rear end in a top hat move and Loki enjoys the personal touches. There were some more bits about how if Danny had acted like Thor or even an actual Iron Fist everything would have been far harder to do.

- I will admit it here now that the game is in the grave. Puppies Are Dicks' Iron Fist never grew on me. Not a fan, nope.

- After the heroes returned from Space Adventures they'd find some significant time, about a year, had passed. Norman Osborn is the evil norse-backed president. Namor and Strange are kept as trophy prisoners at the now magi-technologically sealed White House. Latveria and Atlantis team up with Wakanda to form an anti-American block in world politics.

- The return of the heroes would enlighten Doom that, if Namor and Strange were not with them, then they were captured by the enemy. Obviously they would be at the one unassailable place in America. The teams would have to be BAD ENOUGH DUDES TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT'S PRISONERS.

- Doom would then offer to even the odds by calling out to Strange's estranged wife and ruler of The Dark Dimension to bring on a horde of Mindless Ones to assist in rescuing her husband. The Atlantean Royal Council would also reveal that (to no-one's real surprise) that they have Nitro in suspended animation but they could pump him full of MGH and shoot him at the Whitehouse and that'd pop the sucker like a walnut. It'd also kill Nitro most sincerely dead, but that's a win-win for Atlantis.

-Summoning a horde of hellgolems and killing a dude were obviously less than optimal, I expected you guys to outhink me by then.

- Also Taskmaster would be around and reveal Strange's Secret Mission: Tony Masters has temporarily become the Sorcerer Supreme by watching old footage of the Defenders, because knowing how to do magic isn't that much harder than throwing a shield like Captain America. He would have Strange's old-rear end costume because it was in storage anyway and no one was using it.

- The Sentry was one of the ways I thought to get everyone back to earth, in that you'd call Bob's name really loud and he'd show up and push Apocalypse World through space towards Earth. This would make Earth have two moons, so bonus!

- The Incursion Missile might have come into play if DI's conditions were met or something else happened to get the drive taken from Strange's House. Probably would have shot Sentry with it, after you guys got your XP's worth from him.

-Doom Whipper was going to be the Epilogue secret identity of Doctor Doom when he responded to Avengers alerts, because obviously Doctor Doom is far too busy ruling his country to be a superhero. Obviously.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RandallODim posted:

Dr. Doom, The Avengers' Pal

Well now I have this idea for a campaign where a group of villains decide "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and try to win the approval of Cap, Iron Man and Thor so they can be Avengers because they're tired of getting the poo poo kicked out of them.

e: My advice for GMing, especially if you're just starting, is doing a game that is pretty short and has a definite goal and ending. If Civil War is a huge omnibus, try something that you could put into a TPB.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 24, 2015

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Well now I have this idea for a campaign where a group of villains decide "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and try to win the approval of Cap, Iron Man and Thor so they can be Avengers because they're tired of getting the poo poo kicked out of them.

e: My advice for GMing, especially if you're just starting, is doing a game that is pretty short and has a definite goal and ending. If Civil War is a huge omnibus, try something that you could put into a TPB.

You son of a bitch, you're actually making me feel more motivated to try and run a knock-off MODOK's 11, which even has a fan-made Event module. Or The Underwhelming Thunderbolts, with GM-run Shocker as the organizer, because I love the idea of Herman trying to go legitimate, either due to an honest shift of conscience or just because he doesn't want to lose anymore and heroes never lose.

Edit: Maltose's edits, especially adding Dark Beast, are also pretty great. Anything that results in Namor, Black Panther and Doom having to reluctantly all work together (except for Doom, who is super psyched to be back with his BFF) is a-okay in my book. As is taking out the White House with Nitro as the kick-off to the finale of Civil War, because how better to prove superheroes aren't dangerous than to redo the event that got legislation pushed through in the first place, except on the capitol?

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 24, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

This is all making me sadder that this game is in the grave.

I still had a blast though.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

I totally would play that, either as a repenting villain or dubious hero.

quote:

My advice for GMing, especially if you're just starting, is doing a game that is pretty short and has a definite goal and ending. If Civil War is a huge omnibus, try something that you could put into a TPB.

So what I'm hearing is convert Hostess fruit pie ads.

Morand posted:

This is all making me sadder that this game is in the grave.

I still had a blast though.

Me, too, on both counts. I will take heart that there is no way all of will be able to resist the impulse to get another MHR game going again.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Hi folks,

The last couple of weeks have been especially lovely for me, I'm afraid. A combination of winter weather and daylight hours, continual employment rejection and a lack of medical treatment has basically made it so that I have zero energy to do anything. Coupled with some fairly terrible news on a family from I've more or less let all my posting slide here.

That being said, just dropping off the map without so much as a how-do-you-do is entirely unacceptable and something that I'm really, really not proud of. I try to do better by games that I GM on here since GMing is all I seem to do these days :v:

Sorry about this.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Sion posted:

Hi folks,

The last couple of weeks have been especially lovely for me, I'm afraid. A combination of winter weather and daylight hours, continual employment rejection and a lack of medical treatment has basically made it so that I have zero energy to do anything. Coupled with some fairly terrible news on a family from I've more or less let all my posting slide here.

That being said, just dropping off the map without so much as a how-do-you-do is entirely unacceptable and something that I'm really, really not proud of. I try to do better by games that I GM on here since GMing is all I seem to do these days :v:

Sorry about this.

You can totally join my soon to be launched MHR game which will be online tonight/tomorrow after my disasterous attempt to try and get a Leverage game going!

That goes to everyone else jonesing for another Marvel game, as well! (Except Puppies (Nah, Puppies can come too)). It will not, however, be about Marvel. Or superheroes at all! You may end up fighting Galactus anyway.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
My original plans for Black Cat were as follows:

-Never get dosed with Extremis. That was not an option. I wanted to wrestle with the idea of "What the hell am I going to do with this stuff now that I have it?" Cat is all about the chase, and acquisition. I figured I might end up with a convenient plot event I could use it to solve later anyway.

-Get powers, but not bad luck powers. I was going to revisit the Tinkerer after the Baxter Building, and just get a huge pile of ridiculous gadgets and weapons. That seemed like a more fun and clever way to go about things.

-Then I found out about the Shield. So, no Extremis, and the Gadget plan was getting an upgrade. Black Cat was going to take Spider-Man's advice, and become an actual hero, for real this time. I figured by the time I had the thing, she'd be able to take it as a sign of some kind. Black Cat would go anti-reg, shortly thereafter, events permitting, and become a renegade symbol of REAL freedom. An anarchistic folk-hero, like Cap was back in the 80's, when U.S.Agent first showed up.

-Probably fight Spider-Man? That had to happen at some point, right?

My plans for Silver:

-Save Captain America. And if need be, kill Captain America for being party to the Registration act. I half suspected a dastardly plot twist, wherein somehow, Captain America was BEHIND the act, or at least an important supporting figure in it.

-Always trust Dr. Doom. (I knew he wasn't going to turn on us. I had faith.)

Since Silver was working with Doom for a common goal, and hadn't had much time to enmesh in the bigger picture events, I hadn't thought to much farther ahead. I'd hopped to see her bring down pro-reg heroes against absurd odds, and launch bold military actions on American soil. Just really gently caress poo poo up. You don't engage the mercenary queen in warfare unless you're ready to get wrecked.

So really, I didn't have much in mind, but that's kind of what I'd expect from a character who's too impulsive to make long-term plans, and another who's so singularly focused that virtually nothing else matters.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 27, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

>too impulsive to make long term goals.

That's how I played Gambit! I deliberately avoided trying to think of long-term repercussions for my actions when I played him.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

My plans for Hercules went something like this...

Thanks again for the memories, folks. It was a blast. Looking forward to what comes next!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Lager posted:

My plans for Hercules went something like this...

Thanks again for the memories, folks. It was a blast. Looking forward to what comes next!

You and me all the way buddy. :unsmith: All the gyros, cheap beer, and high fives it takes to wrangle the Sentry out of his sad-sackness, with a side order of whichever Young Avengers are chill enough to roll with the God Squad.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Puppies are dicks posted:

You and me all the way buddy. :unsmith: All the gyros, cheap beer, and high fives it takes to wrangle the Sentry out of his sad-sackness, with a side order of whichever Young Avengers are chill enough to roll with the God Squad.

Hell yeah.

:cool::hf::cool:

Oh, also, I planned to spend some XP on creating that second powerset of Three Stooges moves. I planned to call it "Prince of Pranks."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
While we're talking about our plans, I really only had one plan for Wonder Man. Specifically, I really wanted to look Iron Fist in the eyes and ask him to just put down the hammer so I could fight him like a man. If he doesn't, then Simon's going to have to fight him like a god, and Danny is not a god. He is a human holding a god's hammer and humans break and Simon does not want that blood on his hands. That'd probably feed into Maltose having Loki talk about Danny not being a very good Thor or Iron Fist pretty well, now that I think about it.

As for Surge, I kind of regret applying as her. I don't regret it too much, because I really like how I hooked her into the general SARA plot, but in retrospect she's kind of out of her league here. That could work if I joined earlier, but I honestly don't know how she'd keep getting into scenes where she'd interact with other PCs and not just putter around in her own little subplot, not when she's joining in halfway through Act 2. And yeah, there's room for subplots, but there was already a dozen characters doing things. I guess that's just something you risk when you rerecruit for a game that's this long, but I still feel kind of weird about it.

Anyway, this game's been cool even if I've been part of it for what, six posts? A dozen tops? Either way, I'm proud to be a footnote in this thread's history.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Sion posted:

Hi folks,

Sorry about this.

When real life is being lovely, it's hard enough to get important stuff done, never mind updating RPG posts... just hope things turn around for you soon.

Mr. Maltose posted:

You can totally join my soon to be launched MHR game which will be online tonight/tomorrow after my disasterous attempt to try and get a Leverage game going!

How did I miss this? I've been wanting to try out Leverage for ages.

Lager posted:

Oh, also, I planned to spend some XP on creating that second powerset of Three Stooges moves. I planned to call it "Prince of Pranks."

Now I'm getting nostalgic for the Nookie That Shook the Cameraphone World.

I would list what my plans for my PCs were, but really they just boiled down to:
- Zaya was going to take Namor as a role model and take a Rex Imperious approach to poo poo, however much trouble that would have thrown my way.
- Shadowjack just keeps looking for cool super-powered people, either to fight and be able to say he's beaten, or just hang out with. Whether the world ends or is drastically reshaped or whatever, not really his concern.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I had some small plans for Rhody and The Captain, nothing too grand but things.

I did want Rhody to have another showdown with Tony. This time going more offensive to try and bring him in. If it had been on that prison planet after the majestic 12 thing though Rhody would have forgotten about that until the crisis was averted. I just liked him as the straight man in power armor.

As for The Captain, I was going to try to play with his Milestone to make him a bit less of a shithead. Perhaps hanging around with Hercules could have rubbed off on him in some small way, he can still drink AND be a respected hero and such. Maybe do an understudy with herc or somesuch thing.

It is a shame the game's (and system :() are both dead. It was a blast.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Well, the non-licensed version is still a thing. And It's not like there aren't infinite possibilities with cortex.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Plus if someone really wants a copy, Amazon still has rulebooks in stock. Anyway, as long as there's a core group of gamers that know and love the game, MHR can still survive and reach new players.

Especially once MWP finally releases a Cortex Plus Heroic rulebook already. I mean, Green Ronin managed to put out M&M 3E *and* DC Adventures not that far apart from what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I have been wondering about the hold up. I'm guessing it's art related, since MHR used panels and stock images from marvel, but they need to illustrate the thing themselves this time. Maybe?

• Locked thread