Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
So, to clarify, we need to inflict a d10 complication or damage to stop this from spreading into a full blown riot, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Or reduce the existing complication down to 0, yeah.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Oh crap, I went last so I need to pick someone else to go first, don't I?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That you do.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Done.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Welp, feeling pretty good about that riot about now.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Just to be certain, you didn't pick up any of those opportunities, and I still have 0 PP, right?

Also, Electro is about to have a really crappy day.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 9, 2013

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I probably should have remembered to do that, but as you recall, I was working on that post very late last night. Oh well, I guess.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 9, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It's all good. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it somewhere. Also, I don't think I need a stunt to survive this, just yet.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Sorry to double post, but as I'm writing my update, I realized I'm not sure how a complication like this works. If I wanted to break a grapple or even reverse it (Cat is a Jujitsu/Judo master after all) what would I have to do?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, it's a complication rather than stress but it functions basically the same way. How would you put together a pool if Dan's end goal was, say, to wrench your arm (stress) instead of applying a complication?

Reversing it would require that you win the reaction and then spend a PP to turn your reaction effect die into a complication on Dan. You can do this with any reaction roll, not just ones inflicting complications.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Okay, so sans any PP, can I at least break out of it?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yes. If you win the reaction he fails to lock it in. If you don't, you can act against the complication instead of, say, tying to up Dan's stress, to try and escape.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ibn, you might wanna hold off on your attack until Mystique resolves her roll. It might change things.

E: and I just realized I forgot Black Cat's turn. Sorry! I'll get to it as soon as I can, promise!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm thinking this is going to end up involving me making a really big, really hard bounce off the ground and then taking some trauma or something. Because ow!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Civil War, the game where mutants change their bodies and fall from great heights.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Everyone's got their thing. At least I'm not, I dunnow, turning Dust into an Asian and dressing her up like a hooker.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Ridiculous, why even do something so out of character and contri-

Oh.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Because every heroine is better in black latex. I uh, I can't talk, I am playing Mystique and all

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Going to do a quick make-up post for missing Black Cat's turn. Taking a friend to lunch for her birthday after that so I'll have to come back and continue to the next round of everyone's stuff when I get back. Wanted to make sure Danger-Pumpkin got Felicia's turn taken care of, though, since I screwed up and missed it before.

Quick thing I wanted to mention, though: posting one after another is totally cool in most situations. However, if you are attacking the same target as the person who went before you and I haven't rolled, keep in mind you are giving up the possibility of using the new stress the enemy takes on your action. Also if things change drastically due to a previous turn, that might change what you want your character to do.

It's just a byproduct of being in a play-by-post system instead of a live RPG.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I thought that dude was Adam Jensen with a different name!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Curses, you figured out that "Dan Senjeam" is an anagram for "Adam Jensen?"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Curses, you figured out that "Dan Senjeam" is an anagram for "Adam Jensen?"
Oh. Ohhhhh.

That's still probably better than me putting Force Katamari in Star Wars.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He's the head of building security for an Illuminatus in both worlds. It was the perfect opportunity to put him in there, so i just assumed that the head of Stark security would eventually get gravely wounded, at which point Tony would make him a badass cyborg.

He probably is coming off more formidable than he should but I am rolling hot.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Ibn, you might wanna hold off on your attack until Mystique resolves her roll. It might change things.

E: and I just realized I forgot Black Cat's turn. Sorry! I'll get to it as soon as I can, promise!

Sorry, got a bit confused on turn order! I am fine with pretending the last attack didn't happen.

Okay, just read Mystique's dynamic exit and am even more onboard with that idea!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I debated pulling the Crusader out with me but Mystique is not that much of a hero. Not yet, at least.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Hey, it's not too late for Ikzayal to cosmic blast Crusader and send him tumbling after you!

I would have her pull a Nightcrawler/X-Men 2 and teleport, grab you, and bring you back into the plane... but the way I'm rolling you're probably better off taking your chance with the ground.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
From what i've gleaned from reading up on the tangled, incestuous mess of X-men continuity for this game, Mystique was technically a member of the X-men during Civil War! And in the 80s, she led a proto-Thunderbolts group called Freedom Force rounding up unregistered heroes for the government!

And a representative quote from Wikipedia:

X-men.txt posted:

Wolverine, having returned from hell and retrieved his possessed body from a demonic force, targets Mystique after finding out she was responsible for sending his soul there at the behest of The Red Right Hand

Comics!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I remember Freedom Force having the Blob, Spiral, and Pyro at one point. Also they fought a depowered Jessica Drew and Storm. Not very heroic for a government sanctioned team!

Defiance Industries, should I redo my action and pretend the previous post was just her fantasizing about what she wants to do to the cultists or something?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ibntumart posted:

I remember Freedom Force having the Blob, Spiral, and Pyro at one point. Also they fought a depowered Jessica Drew and Storm. Not very heroic for a government sanctioned team!

Defiance Industries, should I redo my action and pretend the previous post was just her fantasizing about what she wants to do to the cultists or something?

I think that your character would probably want to respond differently to the side of the plane being blown out by a super-strong madman, so yeah, we'll just null your last turn and redo.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Hey, sorry, I was busy running errands all day, and now I need to write a final paper by midnight. I may not be in a position to post until well after late'o'clock, so continue on with the folks who can take actions, and I'll catch up when I can.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That's cool, I probably won't have time to do a full update until tomorrow anyway.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

I think that your character would probably want to respond differently to the side of the plane being blown out by a super-strong madman, so yeah, we'll just null your last turn and redo.

Right then, one redo coming up. Edit: And posted! I edited the original post, too.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 10, 2013

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think I sense the beginnings of a hate-crush on Black Cat's part.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Cat has one of three opinions about every man she meets: She either hates them, they are Spider-Man and she hates them %50 of the time, or she is pretending to love them to make Spider-Man really jealous. This is canon!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Wait so what does that make Matt Murdock in Waid's Daredevil

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

How can you be entirely sure that Daredevil isn't just another disguise used by the Spider-Menace to trick people into thinking he isn't a criminal?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

How can you be entirely sure that Daredevil isn't just another disguise used by the Spider-Menace to trick people into thinking he isn't a criminal?

Are you really gonna suggest any possible theory that leads to a world where Mark Waid's Daredevil is not true? Because that world is not worth living.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Arivia posted:

Wait so what does that make Matt Murdock in Waid's Daredevil

I don't know, are they a couple right now? No? Then she was just pretending. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well if Black Cat doesn't hate him AND the only one she doesn't hate is Spider-Man AND I have a screaming JJJ head for an avatar I basically have to make that post.

• Locked thread