Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Civil War: The Not-suckening sounds like a brilliant idea. Originally I was leaning towards the prospect of playing Amadeus Cho but now I want me some hot Immortal Iron Hammer/Clor showdown action.

Captain America is pretty clearly Anti-Reg right? I mean come on, who the hell manages to side against Captain freaking America and expect to hold the moral high ground on an issue? He's like if Jesus and Optimus Prime had a baby and swaddled it in the American flag for Truth, Justice, and The American Way. Possibly also liberty bonds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, with DD bowing out, we have four alternates who are all in another game right now. So before I fall back on the time-honored system of "going in order of who signed up first" I'll ask if anyone feels like time commitments to two different games will be a problem. There's going to be a lot of people playing so we don't want to have long spans of time waiting between posts. Stalls out our momentum.

I work pretty much every day of the week and have no holidays, but as long as the thread doesn't drop off of the first few pages of TG I'll be able to keep up from my phone at a rate of at least a couple times per week if not more. Sometimes games slip under the radar though so just give me a poke or shoot me a PM if that happens.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Arivia posted:

Oh my god YES let's do herculean labours.

I want to muck out a super-stable.

I think the modern American equivalent would be cleaning up one of those horrible poo poo lakes down south that are forming as a result of the industrial sized hog farms. They're super dangerous to workers, civilians living in the same county/down wind, and probably will poison the water table for generations to come. Or we could just go to Wundagore. They've got super stables there probably right?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

It's also a super creepy way to get a dig in at an old girlfriend. :ohdear:

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

In our current timeline isn't he a kind of badass secret Skrull?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Wait, it just occurred to me that if he took a shot at me I should theoretically get the chance to take a shot back at him? Or should I have handed the round off to somebody else like our new friend Jessica Drew?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Aw jeez, with a roll like that Electro's got to be down for the count right?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

So close! If I had any other option I'd gladly pay out the PP necessary to meet that roll, but sometimes it just wasn't meant to be. I guess I just kind of feel bad about smacking a young woman wearing a bikini with an electric hammer. Iron Fist is a chauvinist. :(

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Moonstone has a full costume, duder.

Then I got nothing, no excuse. My bad.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

What happened to his loyal manservant Wong, and isn't he also still married to some white haired lady? Clea? Cleopatra? Something like that.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Oh, I get it. This is one of THOSE situations. Awkward... Well yeah at least you've got your bros! And yeah! We'll totally do that thing you want to do. Other dimensions, and y'know I know for a fact that time flows differently in some of those places so it's probably only been like five minutes from her perspective. (Part of being a good bro is helping a bro avoid drunken, regrettable hookups, as well as being the guy on the spot to stop a dude from phone bombing his ex.)

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Lager posted:

Yeah, Herc is a character that it's hard not to have fun with. Once poo poo gets serious I'll have him badass it up some but until then he really is a big goon.

I'm really enjoying reading the Hercules parts of the story Lager, and kind of look forward to being challenged by him to some sort of super powered keg stand or other good natured but bro-tacular contest of might in order to prove my worthiness. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to ask him about his uh, rod of power. Hercules has one of those and can give a guy with a newly found godly weapon some pointers right?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Also the whole She-Carnage thing from last thread, which was just awesome.

EDIT: Puppies come on Danny has totally driven a car. He has driven a car and RAMPED OFF LUKE CAGE. This is a daily reminder to read Heroes for Hire.

That's a normal car, with a wheel and a little knobbly thing for the gears. This is a magic flying car that probably dispenses coffee, is its own wifi hotspot, and might also have a jacuzzi/repulsorshield array set up in the back. :colbert: (actually that sounds super awesome and I do in fact need to read Heroes for Hire)

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

I forget, is Galactus' cosmic emo daughter in-canon?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

My own recollections of it are kind of poor, but I believe the words "Cosmic Tapeworm" were involved. It's... not that great of a plot is about the kindest thing I can say.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

How about armbands made up of experimental particles? Or something bangle-y and to do with communicators?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Hi! I'm here and I'm writing up my post right now about as best as I can from work. Assuming I can get Orokos working properly I'll have it up in the next few hours or so at the latest. I owe you a reaction roll which may/may not cause me to stress out and assuming it doesn't my actual roll to (hopefully) clean that robot's clock should be part of the same post. iirc the knifeturion 2000K has a d12 stress on him, can I use that die on my roll in both the reaction and my subsequent clockcleaning punch of justice?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

You forgot to tag someone. I believe Strange and Ikzayal have still not gone this round.

Fixed!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Don't forget to pass to the next player!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

potatocubed posted:

And where was Hercules while all the heavy lifting was going on? Stuffing his face with dolmades and ouzo, I bet.

My guess would have been Spanakopita!

e;fb: poo poo! Too slow, curse my work-based tardiness. My post will come soon, just you wait and see.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Sorry for the delay superpals, this week's been a hectic series of holiday-related hot work messes. I'll have my post up in the next few hours, I promise! I missed the opportunity to catch up in the transition scenes to make recovery rolls for my stress. Is it ok if I roll those into my post as well?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Incidentally and not quite unrelated to how I'm going to respond to what I suspect is going to be Gyrich's explanation of what sorts of totally not-fascist dickbaggery he has in mind, are there any mutants out there whose mutation takes the form of advanced technology or whose powers involve absorbing machinery into their bodies?

I remember Warlock from the New Mutants but he doesn't count because he's a creepy space alien, and very vaguely remember some other guy whose powers involved having giant guns for arms (or that may have been any number of badly over muscled Rob Liefield characters who've fused together into a single pastiche of giant arms, guns, and unironic mullet pony tails) but can't name any myself.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Huh, it kind of sounds like there really aren't many (if any) mutants or otherwise naturally born superpowered people who would be negatively impacted by a ban on high tech gizmos and deadly weapons. I was just wondering if there were any mutants out there that'd be instantly qualified for a lifetime of federal supervision or incarceration in a secret prison for the dreadful crime of being born with an advanced toaster for an arm. Is this going to be the only time in recorded history that Henry 'I'm not a racist but I have lots of ___ friends' Gyrich is on the right and reasonable side of the discussion?

edit: iirc Scalphunter is an Inuit or something and also throws psionic harpoons? lances?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Wait they've got more than one shirtless creepo with a bad mustache on their team? Ugh, Sinister has some pretty kink tastes.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Grr Gyrich! :argh: Curse you and your superior debating skills! Would it do me any good to use both of my PP and bring us to a tie? I can hit a 13 to tie us and leave it at a d8 effect if need be. What do you guys think? I hate the idea of letting a jerk and racist gain ground like this.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

If this were a fistfight with some Hand ninjas or something I'd be fine with taking one on the chin or getting pushed back/knocked out, but this is serious politics. I'll go all in and spend both my remaining PP to avoid taking more stress. I can't let Mr. Rogers down. Someone needs to stand up for freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

I'm still waiting for an excuse to trot out a comparison between Gyrich and the last jerk in Congress that tried to wrest control of Iron man tech away from Tony Stark. That happened at least once before maybe in the 70s? I definitely remember it being a thing where the government tried to nationalize or otherwise seize the patents for Iron Man/repulsor tech because they like the idea of having superweapons and Stark didn't want to play ball and moral of the story being that bombastic Senators who tangle with Iron man get public humiliation and other comeuppance.

You'll get yours Gyrich. :argh: You just wait and see.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

"You can't patent Kung-Fu!" -Taskmaster yelling at Shang-Chi's lawyers over the phone.

I dunno, a guy like Shang-Chi's probably got a pretty sharp legal team.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Kellsterik posted:

I was thinking about whether the New Warriors got their powers from technology and if they would have been covered by this act when I realized just how many superheroes were created by freak laboratory accidents. I was a little ambivalent on this version of the Registration Act because I wasn't sure who all it would cover, but suddenly it seems extremely clever.

The thing is as it stands some of them wouldn't have been covered, since Namorita was atlantean and that fat guy was a mutant iirc. They're just ordinary schlubs who won the genetic lottery and had bad taste in reality tv venues. Honestly I'm a little conflicted here. My gut feeling is that when a notable racist and total jerkface wants to push for some sort of massively obtrusive police powers/anti-terrorism law it's a Bad Thing, but on the other hand regulating superweapons and writing new laws to put techno-criminals in jail is a really good idea. The fact that SHIELD are going to be the ones doing the enforcement here keeps things relatively within my comfort level since overall they're an ok bunch of guys. Nick Fury is still 'retired' at where we're at in the timeline right now right? Because I'd trust the hell out of Nick Fury if he was in charge of a bunch of jackbooted anti-mad scientist stormtroopers.

My post will be incoming as soon as I can work out my (and by extension) Iron Fist's moral misgivings about things. Maybe somethingsomething a stopped clock is right twice a day?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Unless he's re-enacting that scene with the uh... legs crossing.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

My post will be up some time within the next 3 hours. Watch out Congress, Mr. Rand just visited Washington and he's got a plan.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Well yeah, doesn't Tartleton have some pretty deep seated self esteem issues? It's part of why he's a general bad guy and nemesis to the Incredible Hulk. Poor guy, he just wanted a date with Monica Rappacini and maybe some respect. I can't imagine being a big floppy giant cybernetic head makes any of that any better. :(

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Honestly I'm just completely at a loss as to how to project a positive role model for young women while also being a giant hammer wielding super ninja, although clearly now I need to start reading Daredevil again. I'd gotten annoyed with it after the second? third? time he was outed and had a love interest crap out on him in as many months, and actively avoided it after the whole Shadowland thing.

edit: Also it's part of my master plan to have Iron Fist be the least morally objectionable super hero EVER, on par with Captain America crossed with an adorable kitten that dispenses empathy, understanding, and American job-creating from its butt. That way my publicly anti-reg stance will be more powerful, see? :science:

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 3, 2013

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

potatocubed posted:

I promise nothing. :ninja:

Nah, you're good because you're a triple agent for SHIELD and possibly also a quadruple agent for the Skrulls

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Way to do the right thing Soorya! Remember that as an Avenger you're a representative for both your species and an inspiration to people everywhere. :911:

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Kellsterik posted:

"UNCLE ANDROSSSSSS!"

It's ok Slippy, a lot of young frogs your age experiment and it's a natural part of growing up. You don't have anything to be ashamed about.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Aw dang I just realized I never actually recorded any of the times I should have been getting XP. It might take me a while to dig back through the thread and pick em out but I'll try to get it in before we move on to the Civil War proper, I promise!

Also for context I believe Kellesterik was making reference to a children's videogame about anthropomorphic animals flying starships in space, where the talking monkey starship pilot cries out for his uncle Andross after you shoot him down. The monkey has a rivalry or something with the teenaged frog, who is always nattering on with a need for personal advice and assistance and I just sort of ran with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRildGCw64

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Thanos robot/clone descends from the sky, she challenges it to single combat and two panels later everybody's chilling out over tapas and cold drinks?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

So I read back through the thread and did the math, I think I've only got 4? XP, one for calling out the knife-robot made of knives, and three for putting him down. Does that sound right to you?

Troupe play sounds like a lot of fun but I'm kind of unsure who I'd like to play. Can somebody a character that's the complete narrative/moral opposite of Iron Fist? Maybe the Punisher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Oh that would be weird and mind-bending, to simultaneously write for a character and her own on-the-lam, casual Fridays badboy love interest.

• Locked thread