Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
So I sort of had to disappear for a bit near the end, but I'm still down for playing Doctor Strange. If you do pick me, I will probably toxx myself to post in the game at least three/four days a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Obviously Mystique should be a Thunderbolt.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I've already said I'd toxx myself for the game, so to make it official: if I go a week without posting at least three times on the game thread, I'll post a banme thread.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Defiance Industries posted:

I think it might work better if you tried something like "if it takes me three or more days to act when my turn comes up." I'm intimidated by the idea that I have to get through the entire turn order three times in one week. :gonk:

Yeah let's go with that instead.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm just going to say that Doctor Strange is obviously an Illuminatus, so if I could have the Illuminati event milestones here in the thread that'd be pretty cool.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Sure, I will pick and then try to convince someone in the thread to totally be an Illuminati Buddy.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Flashing back to Mystique's last mini from her plane scene, and that mini rocked so keep it up DI.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The joke was we had a "Red" She-hulk, Iron Fist, and Doctor Strange as a team in the last thread.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I love that when he's not on the job Ronan is the Kree version of Mr. Bean.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Seriously pulling for the goddamn CRUSADER of all people to be the big bad of the session.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
So, to clarify, we need to inflict a d10 complication or damage to stop this from spreading into a full blown riot, yeah?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Welp, feeling pretty good about that riot about now.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That's good, because that's how I write them.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Moonstone has a full costume, duder.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The stencil also looks like fire so we can pretend it's just Johnny Storm asking for him.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Dan

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I totally forgot to tag in my last post, so let's let Herc go next.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We're going to have to rename The Purple Man to The Purple Salsa, jesus.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Sorry, he's in SPAAAAACE.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The end of the game should be the Warbound landing right as the Annihilation Wave shows up on the opposite side of the planet right as we fight the final brawl. We look up, and realize we're hosed.

Until Dan hooks up to Starktech and becomes Helios.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Look, all I'm saying is even Annihilus can't defend against a Dragon Tooth Sword.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Basically Clea is in the Dark Dimension trying to overthrow the evil reign of DORMAMMU THE DARK ONE and she never returns Strange's calls and she hasn't shown up in an actual Marvel book in ages (2004!).

What I'm saying is after the Civil War we should go gatecrashing like any other high level RPG campaign.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We'll call it Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Mutants* (*But Were Afraid to Snikt)

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Look, Doctor Strange, he's the Sorcerer Supreme. He's one of the top 5 strongest dudes on a planet covered in strong dudes. Of course he's got that touch of swagger, that debonair flair.

Also congrats to Defiance on upgrading your avatar to a more appropriate form.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Think of this like a Claremont arc. We start all fluffy and we have fairy tales and Kitty loving up and before you know it BAM Alien Genocide.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
At least the new one is cool and hates being called Arabian Knight. He also ditched the carpet and has a shirt on.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I want to assure you guys that Stephen's tone is so flip only because he feels completely in control of the situation going on, because he and Tony are Illuminatus and they have plans and they'll work and everything is going to be wonderful.

Also Hercules as a character is kind of a goof so that may be part of the problem.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The 99 kicks rear end and I'm a bit cheesed off that they've stopped translating into english and printing copies over here.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Rewatching the Sam Raimi Hercules show (Which is basically Medieval Heroes For Hire) has me so stoked for an Iron Fist/Hercules team up.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Both Sabra and Arabian Knight originated in THE CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS, which was literally a batch of stereotypes with superpowers. At least Sabra has done poo poo worth talking about afterword.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Before you ask, Strange has a ringtone for everybody. Everybody.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I assume it has a deeper mystical connection?

Doctor Strange is a master of forces beyond comprehension, but he is like a little kid with his phone. Don't ask him about Angry Birds unless you have a couple spare hours.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Also the whole She-Carnage thing from last thread, which was just awesome.

EDIT: Puppies come on Danny has totally driven a car. He has driven a car and RAMPED OFF LUKE CAGE. This is a daily reminder to read Heroes for Hire.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It was certainly a flying car after it ramped off Luke Cage.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Probably after, that was really early in Heroes for Hire.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I would, but you kept me from voting the obvious choice.

Vote Stephen Strange! He's led more teams than anyone else! Vote Strange for press-ganging and horrible team morale!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Tony wishes he looked half as good as the Sorcerer Supreme.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm just sayin', the fur lined cape stays.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Welp, time to lose my Mystic Regalia powerset because :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Brother Voodoo had them and then he died and :iiam:

• Locked thread