Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I'm right behind the idea of Civil War But Better. There was a lot of wasted potential in that storyline.

I'd like to join the queue as Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), playing up the 'who is she really working for?' side of her character if people don't mind me being a bit shady.

I know my way around MHR already, although I could do with a refresher. Will dig up my pdfs later and have a read.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Defiance Industries posted:

I have like five different sets of milestones that can tie into that point. That plot point is something that the Civil War book in particular encourages. PMs are encouraged for this type of play, of course, but if not we can probably do something with e-mail.

I've been meaning to upgrade my account for ages - if I get in this'll give me a solid reason to actually do it instead of procrastinating.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Cool. Just bought a platinum upgrade, so private messages should now be functional.

I'd like to swap out the Viper's Daughter milestone for Spy On Your Foes - throw me a PM if you want to keep Jess's real allegiances secret from the other players.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Well, I kind of thought YOU might. Half the fun of muddled allegiance is the big reveal. If you don't care for the reveal we don't have to play on the DL.

Good point. I'll send you a PM.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Sorry about the delayed response. Was at a wedding for pretty much all of yesterday and have only just got back online. Anyway, let's get this rolling.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
D'oh. I'll spend the pp and create a d8 Agents On Our Side resource for the next action scene.

Gonna probably stay quiet while Danny and Tony get grilled, hence posting here.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Would I be right in thinking that Jess' superhuman reflexes make her the first to act in this impending fight?

If so, I'll make an action post.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
The e-dice are hot this morning!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Purple Man is one of my favourite villains - he's simultaneously ridiculous, genuinely threatening, and such a bastard you can't help but feel good when Luke Cage beats him insensate.

Anyway, who's up next in the Capitol smackdown?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Quick question: has there been enough of a transition for Spider-Woman to get her Enhanced Senses back after I shut them down during the fight? My Pheromones SFX only kicks in if I use a power to inflict mental stress, and right now the only one that's vaguely applicable is enhanced senses.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Oh, cool plan. I'll do that.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Does Jess get a vote? I'm not sure if she's an Avenger, a SHIELD liaison, or both.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Are there any scene distinctions here? Jess isn't well-equipped with fighty personal distinctions so I feel the need to get clever with the scenery.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Yeah, tell us more!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Just a quick note to say that I'm away this weekend so I'll be phone-posting if I'm posting at all. Best leave Spider-Woman's go until later in the round if you need her help mopping up.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Mr. Maltose posted:

I can't stop laughing at the idea of Iron Man and Spider Woman just spinning the stage around like it ain't no thang.

And where was Hercules while all the heavy lifting was going on? Stuffing his face with dolmades and ouzo, I bet.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
...I could really go for some Greek food about now.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Mr. Maltose posted:

Too bad the Avengers are now riding the Strange Train...ge. It rhymed better in my head.

The Doctor Helicopter?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Congratulations!

...I don't have anything witty to say because I know nothing about raising kids and little more about comics, but I'm sure it'll be an adventure. :)

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Arivia posted:

Yeah I played HERO once :suicide:

:(:hf::(

About the only good thing to come out of HERO was the half-page in my ancient copy of Champions where they explain why you're not allowed unlimited disadvantages by building the most stupid characters they could think of:

Planetman, whose only power is the ability to shrink planets down to pocket size then throw them at people.

Azathoth, who has every power with unlimited range and the drawback that they only work at the centre of the universe - except for his teleportation, which works everywhere except the centre of the universe.

I Forget This Guy's Name but he takes damage from 'being alive' and fights crime from his hospital ward by detonating with enough force to kill everything within about 20 miles.

And my favourite: The Landlord, who spends all his points on a base which covers the entire surface of the Earth - and with only a few more points can get six billion loyal followers to go with it.

...I'm a much bigger fan of games like MHR and FATE where you can just write 'Dude On Fire' on your character sheet, and function in the game like a dude who is on fire.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Quick check - does Nitro still have his d12 physical stress? I'd assume so, but best to be sure.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
MODOK-Stiltman team-up?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
...this sort of thing is why I a) read comics and b) play roleplaying games.

Whose go is it?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Puppies are dicks posted:

"As long as you promise you're not secretly a HYDRA agent out to plant a bomb in Avenger's Tower or steal Dr. Strange's mystic jewelry."

I promise nothing. :ninja:

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Sorry I've been quiet for so long. I don't really have any good excuses.

Anyway, off to make a long-delayed IC post and hopefully stop sucking at PbP.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Floating head punched. Aw yiss.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

What is this mysterious angle Spider-Woman is working? IT IS A TRUE MYSTERY.

Jess is positively non-Euclidean in her accumulation of angles.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Much as I'd like to pick up a second character, I think I'll stick with just Jess for the time being. I intend for her to be working on both sides anyway, maybe with some kind of disguise, so having another character might be a bit much.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Mr. Maltose posted:

Welp, just posted Strange going full Breaking Bad. This weekend is gonna get crazy.

I like it. "I always punch below my weight" is an excellent Strange line.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Do we have to spend all the XP now, or can some of it wait until we're actually in a scene where it might show up?

I've got my eye on the Hydra helpers and various of the SHIELD ones but I'd rather hold off on choosing until I know which is going to be more useful.

E: Hope I'm not crossing any sort of line by framing Jess' chat with a dude who's definitely not part of a crazed terrorist organisation, no sir. I just wasn't sure if you wanted to handle it as a conversation, spending PP for a resource, spending XP for a thing, or what.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 2, 2013

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
It's pretty much in line with how I see Jess's personality: she's godawful at choosing sides so she tends to end up promising everything to everybody.

Plus I figure Tony's distracted right now, what with being a walking WMD and all.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Lager posted:

I thought about that, but it depends on whether Black Cat's conversation is simultaneous. Though that could always be Ben Reilly speaking with her! Let's figure out a way to make this even more complicated...

Well we could be skipping around enough so that Dr. Octopus is pretending to be Spider-Man, Peter Parker is pretending to be Daredevil, Matt Murdoch is pretending to be blind, and Blind Althea is Ronin.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

I want to label it as "slobs vs snobs, but with a Hulk robot" except that I don't want to label Hercules as a snob and J-Bot and his Hulk robot are clearly slobs. I guess its more like Slobs vs. Also Slobs.

In this titanic battle of Man vs Machine, the only winner is Household Cleaning Supplies.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I just realised I totally forgot to make recovery rolls while doing karaoke with Herc. Since Jess's physical recovery pool consists of two dice I decided to skip it in favour of natural healing.

Belated mental recovery roll. Pool was d6 buddy, d8 triple agent (for dealing with conflicting loyalties), 2d6 psych expert. Spend a PP for an extra die, final result is 14 with a d6, versus d10 mental stress.

Just going to leave this here as a note-to-self, too.

1 PP, 6 XP, d8 physical stress, d10 mental stress

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Sounds like a job for Darkseid.

...wait, wrong continuity.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
'DC' for 'Dickhead Couchsurfers'.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
...I was going to ask Dr Strange to wish away the door to Tony's office, but he's just too reasonable for that.

Also, Jess has experience with magic. She's not on Dr Strange levels, obviously, but she can probably get in touch with someone who is. (Except that someone is probably going to be Modred, who summoned Cthon to Earth and killed a load of people. Hum.)

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
It occurs to me that while Jess can stage a sort of 'If you want to blow up your own stuff, you'll have to come through me.' posture with Iron Man, there's nothing she can do to stop Zaya from just teleporting downstairs and eyeballing everything to ruins.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Of course it all kicks off while I'm sleeping. Time zones! :argh:

At the moment Jess is entirely convinced that Tony's gone mad and it's her duty to stop him before he kills (or at least enables the death of) a whole bunch of people. Having understandable reasons for doing strange things doesn't matter if you don't tell anyone what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Just waiting to be tagged in downstairs, so I can make things worse.

Also, I'm off to Stockholm as of tomorrow morning (about 20 hours from this post) until mid-Friday. I'll be able to phone-post occasionally so I can keep things moving, but the quality might drop a bit.

• Locked thread