Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Alright people, I've redone our LB schedule for the next few weeks. Summer is more or less here and it is time to accept in general for a lot of games player count is gonna be dipping a little as people are understandably going out and having fun.

For now I'll be keeping it to 3 EU events until the end of July and see how our numbers are going on. Two NW ones, a siege and line battle and the Friday Blood And Iron event for a little faster pace and variety.

American ones for now are more or less the same as they were last week. We just have a Blood and Iron event now. Some guy stepped in Cops place and we still got the American Saturday siege for the NW still for tonight. I'm hoping to god our numbers for our Sunday event will solidify so we can go back to the standard combined arms thing with decent numbers we all like.

The GCG should be getting back to the US Civil War next week. If not it'll be time for me to look for a new North And South event.

Here is the updated event schedule on Google Drive.

Also, in early-ish July I'll be gone for a week as a cousin of mine is getting married in Scotland. Might need some volunteers to go and set things up in TS and keep this ball rolling. I'm pretty buzzed at the attendance we got for Blood and Iron and sort of hoping one or two more mods on the way will give us new blood.

Also, that banner advert Maguro if you are too busy I can look for a non Goon to do it for us!

Also, if somebody keeps this thread alive for a few posts Blood and Iron screenshots might happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
Siege event in 30 minutes. We have rifles. Get in mumble.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Siege even going down, come play

Murazor
Mar 9, 2011
American Siege in 10 minutes, time to cave someone's skull in with my rifle.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hopefully that siege will be slightly better next week. New event teething issues, always happens.

Tonight in our line battle, if we can get at least 60 on each side goons shall have artillery.

Anyway, here are some of our best screenshots from the recent three Blood And Iron events we had.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Some more random screenshots from Blood and Iron.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright goons, we got our line battle in around 40 minutes time. Like always I'm AFK in Mumble with the provided details. If we get enough people showing goons have Russian cannons for the fight.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Goons with Cannons: how does Nurdbot get hit with a cannonball this time?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Revenge of the goons. This was all from a single shot in the first round, courtesy Evek.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

First line battle of the week happening in forty five minutes for Napoleonic Wars. Start dropping into the Mumble new or old goons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Our EU siege event is happening tonight in around half an hour goons, if you can make it please do!

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Abovementioned siege event happening right now, put the biggest branch you can find onto your hat and come defend Austria's centralized government!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

SeaGoons march to victory!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Our weekly American Blood And Iron mod event is happening in around forty minutes time goons, so please start getting into the Mumble for some Franco Prussian War action.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Blood and Iron in 20 minutes. Start getting in mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Last call for Blood and Iron, if you miss this event American goons you have a week to wait to play with non terrible ping.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got our NEW EU Thursday Line Battle in 45 minutes time. So please start getting into the Mumble if you can make it goons.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Linebattle in 25 Minutes, get the gently caress in goones.

Also, for those of you who didn't already grab blood and iron, here it is in our convenient grab all dropbox. HERE

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Okay goons, serious talk time right here.

I really didn't want to bring this up in the new thread because it could hamper possible new goons from joining in but in the last three weeks the numbers for the small amount of EU events have quite frankly almost non existent.

Big props to the few European goons who can make it, I know the fixed time for the EU events is quite frankly stupid for those who aren't students and unemployed by the NW community seems sadly stuck in their ways and apart from a handful of people they never seen to have the thought or energy to go up an hour. Also big props to the Americans and Canadians who drop in who ironically have populated these events for the last six months.

Basically, next week if I get bad numbers for what little EU events we have left I might just put the current two on hold or what ever and just keep the Blood and Iron one.

Maybe I'll try and increase the events if we get more people interested or reboot the EU schedule back up in September.

I could really do with your thoughts on the whole 'lack of/dying EU community' matter in this thread guys.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.
Line battle in 30 minutes or so. Get in Mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Blood And Iron event in 10 minutes time goons! get in the Mumble!

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

Blood and Iron starting now, join mumble!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
So the pics and video will probably roll in later, but the 1st Goatse Franc Tireurs Double Barreled Shotgun brigade was some of the best fun I've ever had playing Warband and will live on in my heart forever.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We really should be French Militia when the rules allow it at least once a game if we play the French and surprise the enemy with our shotgun raids.

We got two line battles tonight, the European one is at 9:30 PM Brit time/10:30 PM European and it is another Blood and Iron one. Then at 9PM EST we have a Napoleonic Wars line battle.

Also, this clip alone pretty much visually shows why there isn't an Austrian faction in Blood And Iron.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Blood and Iron in 45 minutes. Get in mumble now. We're bored and want company.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Our Friday EU Blood And Iron event is happening in 15 minutes time. I have all the details already in the Mumble channel just waiting for some more of you to show.

Also, considering towards the end of July of turning our Sunday NW event into a N&S one running either alternate to NW or just making the event US Civil War themed. This means we'll get to bash out our own rule list and try and make it fun!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I know we have another NW line battle coming up tonight. Looking forward to it.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Line battle in 20 minutes.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRK5Ipte5fI

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

That is some pretty bad rear end Victorian Shotgun action right there. I'll add that video with the others later.

Also, in 15 minutes time our Friday NW line battle is happening soon so if you make it please drop on into the Mumble for some line battling action.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Some random Blood and Iron screenshots. The Amsterdam map is pretty fun!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah that was hilariously good fun, I want more Urban Maps like that and less trench stuff for Blood And Iron.

Anyways, tonight we're doing a North And South line battle since our weekend siege now happens at 6PM EST instead of 8PM (nobody told me!).

Said LB will be happening in less than an hour so starting getting into the Mumble channel when you can goons!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

North and South line battle in 15 minutes. Get in mumble and the server.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A brief reminder tonight that we've got our own Sunday line battle hosted by the 38e and being moderated by me happening at 8PM EST.

Goons may be line due to the numbers, but that might change if we get more than 50 on each side!

Also, been meaning to re post this. Here is my mod that gives most Officers Bicorns and light cavalry officers easier to spot hats!

Download it from this link and extract it all to your NW module folder resources, yes to all.

And for those who like to make silly images, here is a IMGUR gallery of some. And a collection of Nurdbot.jpeg screenshots too.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.
Line battle in less than an hour. Get in Mumble in like 30 minutes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Our Sunday NW line battle is happening in 15 minutes time, I've already got the server name and password in my Mumble details in the channel so get on in goons.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Line battle on right now Goons! Get in the Mumble already!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Back before the current North and South version I threw together a hasty voice replacement to get rid of the harsh voice files back then. It still works, even with the new update (although the United States voice files have been vastly improved).

If you fancy having a sneaky peak, pop it on download, slam it in WinRAR, unpack those files, and have a cheeky listen.
In the pack you'll fin four folders, ignore the files labelled "old" and use the files in the other two folders, I separated them in case you wanted to replace only one faction's voice files.

To replace: open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\North and South\Sounds and move the files you want to add to the mod, replace all when asked, grab a cup of tea or a nice cool gin a tonic, and enjoy!

I took the voice files from Creative Assembly's Fall Of The Samurai expansion for Shogun 2, the files are from the US Marine unit.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59355994/Files/New%20Voices.rar

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Good replacements for the Union, though I think I'll keep the CSA ones.

Anyways, we got a Napoleonic Wars line battle at 8PM EST tonight. Should be a good one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue spy
Jul 28, 2011

We've got a Napoleonic Wars line battle coming up in thirty minutes, if you're new hop in the Goon Mumble and come live out your Sean Bean fantasies.

• Locked thread