Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Alan BStard posted:

Unfortunately my new pc has run in to constant bsod issues so my return to gaming must be delayed but I would like to join the discord channel anyway. Can I get an invite please?

Click here and see what food Desu is eating. Also, other games now and then.

Once your sorted, It's easier to download the client than to run from browser unless you like alt tabbing back and forth every few minutes to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Click here and see what food Desu is eating. Also, other games now and then.

Once your sorted, It's easier to download the client than to run from browser unless you like alt tabbing back and forth every few minutes to speak.

Thank you. I pretty much live in discord at the moment so one more server to poo poo post engage people intellectually is much appreciated. Plus when my PC is fixed I will be able to join you in some nerd games.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

No problem welcome back. I keep hearing Hearts of Iron 4/Victoria 2 multiplayer antics being mentioned.

I need to know what the weekend situation is like for the next few week though guys, saturday seems to be the only Blood & Iron game going for it but since April a lot of us seem to be well busy or AWOL. Is there solid interest to attempt it next weekend now?

We'll play some games and actually talk about it tonight either way.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
How about an arma3 mission?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I want to attempt the American Blood & Iron event this saturday. Who's certain they'll be there and down for it? I'm going to need at least five or six of us now to motivate me. Post in thread if you down for it can come.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

I want to attempt the American Blood & Iron event this saturday. Who's certain they'll be there and down for it? I'm going to need at least five or six of us now to motivate me. Post in thread if you down for it can come.

What's the DL link for Blood & Iron again? I don't think I picked up the latest patch. Unless something comes up, I'll deffo be there because I need my horrible Warband pubbie event experience. See you lot in mumble!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well we got two so far.

Skoll posted:

What's the DL link for Blood & Iron again? I don't think I picked up the latest patch. Unless something comes up, I'll deffo be there because I need my horrible Warband pubbie event experience. See you lot in mumble!

All you need is posted on the previous page. I might need to post a fix though if you or any of us have issues.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well we got two so far.

All you need is posted on the previous page. I might need to post a fix though if you or any of us have issues.

Invalid or Deleted File.
The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Skoll posted:

Invalid or Deleted File.
The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

It's on the Mod DB page, get it here.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
I'm still interested, so what the hell.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Chortles posted:

I'm still interested, so what the hell.

Okay, we got more or less enough to give the drat thing a try.

So yeah, I signed us up for this event right here as infantry for the time being, you know the drill now read the rules people.

So download the mod from the Mod DB link above, double check it to see if it works up by booting the thing up. Report if you have issues as Parrot has a client side hotfix already in the works. I'll harass some people on STEAM, the ones that ignore everything I post here to ensure we get a decent number for this saturday at 8PM EST. Repeat, the event is at 8PM EST.

Hilariously I am having coding issues with logging into the loving FSE forums. No wonder that game is still in alpha.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A reminder, we're still doing the event it is happening this saturday at 8PM EST meet up an hour before in the Camping The Stairs mumble.

Download and make sure the mod works people.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright people listen up, this is the ~tech support~ post for those who are having issue with the mods if you didn't download or test it before the battle which I suggested a few days ago (:stare:) now I am not sure how common this is or some pubbies are still playing Warband on the same laptops/desktops they had when the loving DLC came out but better safe than sorry.

If you are having loading issues or ctd with the mod ensure the following:

Boot up Warband, go to the options menu in the launcher and check the following boxes:

Use Pixel Shaders.
Force Vertical Sync.
Load Textures On Demand.

And if you are still having issues, the 1812 mod coder with Parrots permission downgraded some of the textures he used as a hotfix which you can download from and stick in the Blood & Iron textures folder replacing the current ones. Fingers crossed we'll do fine as we've upgraded our gaming pc's and laptops in the last half a decade but who knows!

See you in the Mumble channel an hour before the event at 8PM EST. I'll attempt to record this.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
i can't wait to actually play this thing that i've made with a group

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
Heads up, the download took ~2 hours, so if you need to download it, start now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Anyone want to dropbox or make an alternate host of the installer?

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Have some games.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

If one of you gets that Space Engineers, hit me up. I need someone to do Space Legos with.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So it turns out the guys doing the Blood & Iron event have run out of time/gotten bored and have axed the event barely three weeks after starting.

I think we're done here, any objections? I can't seem to see much events in the usual time zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Okay then, time is up. I guess we're all done/burnt out/bored of this so sadly it is time to close the thread.

Chances are we won't get any more Blood & Iron events anyway, a month has passed and only two or three have existed and they look more or less on their way out anyways. A shame.

It was a blast people, especially the first year when the DLC dropped and the NW community was the least toxic and filled with people who could run events/mangage clans. Shame it went all downhill slowly and I can't blame the drop of interest as looking back the last proper events of the previous six months was utter rubbish. I'm also sad for Parrot that despite all his hard work, whats left of the NW community seems not only not interested in mods that think outside the box but are still assholes about them too.

So yeah we're done with this DLC. I'm pretty much personally done with it too. Will I try something like this with Bannerlord? I am not so sure, maybe? It depends. I'm not exactly thrilled with doing this all over again and meeting the same remaining rear end in a top hat dregs of a community that made the last year of this game just unbearable and I imagine neither would you be. But we never know.

Will we be trying FSE's next game HAHAHAHAHAH what next game? It will never happen I don't think any of us could tolerate the gross Confederate dick jerking constantly in the unbiased unmoderated all chat. Or god help us, over a public voice channel. Nope.

So yeah, thank you goons for attending all the events over the years and being good sports about the majority of it. Please do stay in the group and hang out with us in other games in the Discord channel. I made a silly tribute video mentioning all your names back earlier in the year when we knew this fucker wasn't going to last long.

It's here have a watch, thanks for the good memories!

As for the other videos, please do keep them up for old time sake if you recorded when we were playing during the golden age of the DLC. I'm keeping all the stuff I recorded up. All of it is in the playlist in the OP. The screenshots are also there. Still, at least we shot loads of birds. Vive Duke Dickbutt!

• Locked thread