Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Any more word on the 250 man battles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Battlin' soon goons.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I think there should be some rule about not having to be in a strict line when in contact with the enemy, that shits just too deadly.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
This is tangenially Blood and Iron related, its a guy with his Chassepot needle rifle. Look at that loving bayonet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__4YPXE-KVE

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
We've actually taken a week off from the regularly scheduled standing still and getting killed, we'll be back to normal on monday though I believe

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
The EU Blood and Iron event isn't on the Steam calendar, just fyi

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, both the admins were playing on their side too. American siege tonight should be good though. Man sieges can be so fun.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, here are the rules for the Rome At War shield battle event:

When is this Rome At War event?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Boogoose posted:

I recommend our clan tag for Rome at War is S.P.R.G or Pontius Pilate and the Crucifiers.

S.P.R.G is fantastic.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
That doesn't look like a comedy Roman name Nurdbot tut tut

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Boogoose posted:

- We are terrible at melee combat. Maybe when the encumbrance system is switched on we can all be peltasts and lead a merry chase away from heavy infantry.

Playing with the encumbrance enabled last patch it was very noticeable, I think we'd fair better as light hoplites being able to dance in and out.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
You can't ditch your armour and run faster in Bello Civili, we need to find a new gimmick.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Thematically, I feel the antelope just works.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Gimnbo posted:

If you all want to know what a Bello Civili event looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPaZJDKx7wE

The lack of manoeuvre here is right on form, our gimmick'll tear these guys open just like RaW. I'm relieved we're useful again.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Rome at War event in 35 mins plebs!

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I saw the flag going down and I fired that last howitzer shell anyway

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

http://youtu.be/I1o43R4Z6SE

Hey guys I organized this thing in crpg. It's our take on a line battle.

40 mins is asking a bit too much now

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Charging? Don't be silly. Nobody is going to leave the trench in the first place. Trench snipe-fest ahoy, it'll be all the worst parts of Blood and Iron.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Endman posted:

Goons, I have come here to ask for all your favourite historical single-player mods for Warband. I'm currently playing Brytenwalda and it is a super fun time.

Clash of Kings

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I foresee nobody ever leaving trenches. There is going to have to be a mode with a flag right in the middle of the battlefield to stop the amount of camping that's going to be in that mod.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
The lovely admins are going to play NW style line battle maps because thats all they know and what they're comfortable with.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
2 rounds siege, 1 round line. Thursday is perfect for me as I'm off fridays.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Lets all play The Ship

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Can I not install teamspeak but still play vikingr?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
EA owns the rights to Alpha Centauri so it has to be in spirit only.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Has Caribbean! been on sale yet? I see -15% but I was hoping for more

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
So I should buy Verdun eh?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I'm in!

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

nerds speculate this has something to do with the promised mystery DLC TaleWorlds plans to drop on us this weekend.

Got a link to this?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

So yeah, three years ago a few dudes and me thought it would be a blast to gently caress around casually in Mount And Musket for a bit.

And now here we are, three years later. Goddamn.

American NW event in 15 minutes, show up in the Mumble we may be cav!

Also, we all support your cause to mod that terrible N&S splash screen Pants, go for the stars.

:cheers:

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Air Buccaneers is now free on steam, I remember we played it years ago and I don't remember not liking it.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Vertiginous Golf

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Is the usual N&S line battle on tonight?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
They should just rename it "Press B to fix bayonet"

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
thats not a black lady

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Forced levelling poo poo in an fps? No thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabhadh