Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Line battle in 15... and we're not line for once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Interesting. Everything got nerfed, nothing in particular buffed. Seems a shame to nerf arty, as it's very difficult to use correctly for the majority of the player base as-is. I really don't get the explosion nerf, as even on a direct hit with a mortar I only seem to knock enemies down half the time.

Weaker bayonets will completely change the dynamic of the game if they can no longer 1 hit kill on a chest stab, which won't necessarily be a bad thing- the average flailing stabber with a low ping who never blocks will have a significant disadvantage if he has to stab everybody twice.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Unless I missed something, they didn't nerf bayonets, just rifle butts. Feel free to flail away.

You're right. I read rifle melee and my brain didn't make the connection that rifles != muskets.

That said, it does seem a little harder to get 1 hit bayonet kills now. Could just be anecdotal from the few maps I played, though.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Beta trip report-

All secondary melee weapons are now GOOD. The handaxe and sabre briquet can now kill in two hits, and one hit kill on a head hit. The changes to pistols aren't really noticeable. We were playing partizani vs pirates one map that rolled Russian vs British, and I saw more people get killed with bottles than pistol shots.

Right now you can play as sailors on ANY map, which I hope is just for Beta purposes.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The steam sale sure was good for the population of the game! NW_Official_NA1 has 200 players at 10:40 PM on a Thursday... I've never seen that before.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
My schedule hasn't been letting me be in line battles for a long time now, but I'm still playing generic multiplayer.

So is it just me or have people gotten ridiculously good at their gun game lately, or is there some sort of aimbot out? The last couple days I'm seeing friends and foes consistently land ridiculously bullshit shots, and I'm getting sniped at ranges that used to be far out of effective musket range.

We need another patch to gently caress everything up so people have to relearn how to shoot I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Aw. Seems like this happens every time I try to get back into Napoleonic.

• Locked thread