Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

always be closing posted:

I just bought the age of empires bundle on steam, if i recall correctly, quite a few NW goons play aoe2hd and aoe3 right?

I'll play aoe2 with you ABC! There's also an AOE2HD thread where you can try to find other goons to play with too.

Also midterms are the worst. My playing time is going to be severely hampered until summer quarter hits :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

quote:

- ze_treasure prop will now always give out pirate hats to the user.

Best update ever? Why yes. Yes it is.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

SeanBeansShako posted:

British cav is still horribly poo poo, and they wasted time and effort on this instead of throwing up some Hussars? I disagree heavily.

I'm sorry for being happy over a dumb feature that they probably didn't spend more than 5 minutes implementing.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Never stop making these videos Endman.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I can't believe that admin tried to justify balance by merely pointing at numbers. Equal numbers don't mean poo poo if one side is completely fragmented by many regiments and don't have an effective way to communicate and one side is controlled by a single regiment that can order a blob death charge to overwhelm us. Regiment sizes matter. The more fragmented a team is the less the numbers tend to matter.

It's a shame really. The EU siege event used to be consistently one of the more enjoyable events that I've played on. I understand the need to play around with numbers with large events like that but the utter ignorance that admin showed with the balance pisses me off more than anything.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I was wondering what happened in that siege event that upset you guys so much. So the admin split up the regiments between the two sides and tried to justify it by saying it made the teams have even numbers? That's pretty awful.

Lemme guess: the blob death-charging regiment was coincidentally the same regiment the admin belonged to?

Pretty much. One side was a single regiment of about 60 and our side was 5-7 regiments totalling 55 ish. They had communication superiority and could coordinate a gently caress you charge blob on the offensive while we could only trickle in a regiment at a time.

Seriously though, we should instantly pull out of any game where an admin ignores balance like that.

Yummy Dead Cow fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 14, 2013

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Thank you, Pants. Mod of the year.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
What brought about the must affix bayonets rule? Is that the standard N&S rule nowadays? I guess it's good to encourage the melee aspect of the game by making the guns less accurate but I don't see that as being enforceable since pubbies love a good drawn out sniper war.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Sorry that I can't make it. Someone tell me how the rule set went after the event.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
You have no idea who you are talking to Gimnbo. He's an untamable beast. He will do whatever he wants to do. There's nothing we can do except call out, "ban balboa forever..." and even that will be in vain.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Anyone want to fill me in on what happened to the Raw event? I've only been to one event and there wasnt any drama that I could pick up on.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Ban Balboa forever.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I see a maguro in that fish picture.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

VulgarandStupid posted:

You wish you could be a ROBOBALBOA squad.

Impossible. I see no chance of group cohesion in that to merit the word squad.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Who cares as long as you top the scoreboards?

The rest of us.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Officer Cecil_Featherbottom reporting in, chaps! You can find me any day filling as many holes as I'm allowed, or urging the men on to hold tight as possible as we're breached. Many a man's fluids have been sprayed upon me in the midst of battle-- it would turn any other man away, but there's still a ruckus in this old soldier. I've penetrated more men than can be counted; some times eye to eye, but I'm known to leave my dignity in the gun powder and put all of my strength into one big thrust from the rear when it is needed. And needed it is! This is war, after all! Why look at the blood upon my spear.

No man can be counted on more to rally at the ol' pole than Featherbottom, sir.

A leader, a hole patcher, a massager as well as messenger. The every man who loves every soldier: Cecil_Featherbottom

You can rally me into an open hole any day.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I think for the next few games I should mute my mic, never volunteer for officer, and get incredibly drunk.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Does this future involve you promoting I, Hoopz, to regimental leader?

Yes. You will be officering every round from now on. Congratulations!!

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Imapanda posted:

I got banned from NA1 finally. Dude banned me because the shitfucker admins wont let me say "fag" even though I'm gay irl. Fuckin' jerk needed to check his privalege. :colbert:

As someone who's also gay I'll say that that's not a great excuse to use "fag".

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Line battle in 40 minutes, goons~

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Dang that line battle seemed to just go on and on. Is the Monday line battle usually like this? I had to leave for class way before the first map even ended.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Oh I thought you guys went on for another map. I expected that the battle would have gone an hour and half+ at the rate it was going if there was a second map.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Anyone who is interested in joining us should get in on the sale that is happening right now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/48705/ - currently 80% off.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I was so mad at you guys for having fun. Never play with goons if you hate fun.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

nohitcharlie posted:

lk;jaerv;klijhaesd;lkbvihasetrftfbv

please don't drunk post

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I love leading goons but I don't think that love is a two way street.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Sunday eu battle is going on in 20 minutes! we got cav!!

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
yes.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I must say, with the new tweaked rules, the KPR event is a lot less entertaining. It doesn't drag on forever now and both goon and pub burn out is quite rare with them going.

I thought it was a lot more entertaining?

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hello.

We are playing Total War games after line battles at some point this week, so install the only good Total War game; Shogun 2. (Because both everyone has that one and Napoleon is boring.) We did this a long time ago and everyone but Charlie, fun-hater, enjoyed it.

Charlie is playing.

I don't have shogun 2. Suck it, funhavers

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Gimnbo posted:

We were riflemen and there wasn't any cav. The combination of guns that sort of shoot where you point them with the complete avoidance of melee worked out well for us.

Wow, way to downplay suspectbucket's achievement like that.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
It looks like my new class schedule this quarter is going to severely limit my line battle access again :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Someone should totally message me when one of these games are going down. I miss you guys.

• Locked thread