Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
It's almost time for the first EU line battle of the new thread! It's in about 35 minutes!!! are you excited yet??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
There's a siege happening! And it's happening in about 40 minutes! Plus, we've got cannons! Everyone likes a good cannon.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
I personally have nearly 200 hours in Warband and I still can't stab a man worth a drat. Or shoot anyone more than 15 feet away.
Unless you happen to be on the same team as me in which case i have unerring accuracy and will headshot you every time.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Otto Von Bismarck is dead. All 14 of them.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
I can pretty much never see enemies except as tiny pixels off in the distance, I just shoot roughly in the direction of things and hope for the best. which is pretty much why I can only ever hit things if they're right next to me :v:
It's also why I managed to nail a teammate in the face by accident from miles off with a carbine. I can never get shots to hit except when they really shouldn't, or in the one round per battle where i suddenly channel a musket sniper god and get about three headshots in a row.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
I think the main deciding factor in our tremendous victories there was the skill + bravery of the musician corps.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Summer holiday's over! We've got our very own SA Dragoons linebattle event tonight in about three hours.
Be sure to show up about two and a half hours early for our lengthy historically accurate trai :unsmigghh:
Really though, just show up a bit early to make sure you don't get locked out if/when the server fills up.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Only if the map has artillery.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Franco-Prussian sniper battles take place at a distance of no more than ten feet. Also nobody can hit each other, ever.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
A lesson was learned today. Namely that too much rocket artillery causes time itself to grind to a halt.
Use rocket artillery in moderation.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
There is a line battle in: Forty Minutes. It is of the European Variety. The game being played is Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars. Thank you for your co-operation.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013

ExParrot posted:

I'm still working on it, so if you see any buggy bugs then give me a shout.

Bug: You haven't included Pants' music pack. You cannot truly say the game is enhanced until you do so. :colbert:

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
I either channel some kind of Napoleonic Death God and headshot about six people before dying or bumble about uselessly and shoot someone in the leg before being shot in the face myself.
But really, it's mostly just a matter of pointing the closed reticule at a man, and then aiming and firing at said man. Taking drop into account is probably the hardest part; you see a lot of volleys just landing at the feet of the dudes you're fighting. And, of course, the muskets themselves are so inaccurate that it's hard to tell if you're aiming too low or if you just fired a bullet that went low.
Musketing is hard, guys :(

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Side-swipes are pretty great for fighting in groups too; they're either going to block the sideswipe and get a bayonet to the face, or block the bayonets, get hit by the sword and then stabbed before they can recover.

Obviously it rarely works out as perfectly as that, especially when you get a bayonet wizard/ballerina who stabs everyone in the face simultaneously. Plus side-swings come with the added risk of slicing your team-mates instead.

I don't really know anything about melee and almost certainly none of this is true whatsoever.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Bello Civilli is over! But now we have North and South in 30 minutes! Hosted by our very own Nurdbot! Shoot/be a racist!

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Our very own hosted North and South event is starting in just five minutes! Come join and have a fun time in America: Land of the Free.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
It's 15 minutes until the Bello Civilli event! Stab a man! Get murdered by a javelin! Block things!

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque varius dapibus adipiscing. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Ut hendrerit ut turpis quis vulputate. Etiam convallis nec diam tristique sollicitudin. Aenean eget tincidunt erat. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Morbi eu elementum felis.

Aliquam fringilla, mauris accumsan ornare sodales, metus ante dictum neque, et imperdiet mauris arcu in turpis. Sed tellus lacus, sollicitudin in aliquam eu, vulputate at erat. Vestibulum interdum lacinia euismod. Suspendisse gravida eget ante quis sollicitudin. Etiam leo dui, fringilla nec vestibulum pharetra, congue nec neque. Nulla varius, purus in mollis consectetur, lectus enim pretium ante, sed sollicitudin quam ipsum sit amet neque. Ut id aliquam elit. Praesent tempor arcu ultricies ipsum ullamcorper, quis pulvinar enim faucibus. Ut pulvinar egestas quam nec condimentum.

Suspendisse ac nunc non orci tristique porttitor vel condimentum augue. Vivamus dictum iaculis enim, ut sollicitudin urna tincidunt vitae. Nulla facilisi. Aliquam hendrerit, odio nec volutpat eleifend, quam urna bibendum ipsum, ac sollicitudin est metus commodo arcu. Cras varius cursus massa, nec hendrerit lectus accumsan sed. Maecenas porttitor quis massa ac pulvinar. Ut quis nulla nec nisi mollis porta vitae eu odio. Nulla sit amet orci aliquet.

I think that's as good a reason as any.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Cavalry definitely 100% confirmed for happening. The battle will start... soon? I think? So come on down and sit on a horse, then get stabbed and die. It'll be fun!

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Maybe in 2014 we'll finally learn how to shoot and figure out how melee works. :toot:

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
I come bearing a gift from Nurdbot; namely, that he's uploaded all of this week's linebattle videos to Youtube. Feel free to watch those if you want to recount the exciting memories of getting shot in the face over and over again.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Apparently the B&I event is cancelled this week. Next week the event will be Iron Europe instead. World Wars????

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

Sniper is just a rifleman with a scope, so who cares.

The scope is actually like really good as long as you manage to avoid getting shot. I think the sniper gun is pretty much just as accurate as the regular one, but if you hit shift you can zoom wayyyyyyy in and then shoot everyone in the face from across the map. Which is fun.

I think the best part about Iron Europe is how everyone in mainchat punctuates half their sentences with "lads", though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
hey, we at least tried to hit them. That's what counts.

• Locked thread