Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

My guess is that it's literally directly behind your castle.

I've played this game and beaten it, but I've never 100%'d it.

Also, link the music more often, Artix. It's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bottom Right Corner, in the ocean. Not character specific.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

On the other hand, if someone wants to game the system, then they should just say that there are no monsters on the map every time (unless it's really obvious that there are). After all, they'll be right ~14 times, and what are the odds of successfully being the one person who gets the location and/or condition correct?
I think you might be considering this a bit too seriously, mate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There is a monster, and it is man. :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

So, you liked it never? It was pretty much always about that batshit crazy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Whoops, sorry Artix.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, the games weren't really a risk. They were risks quality-wise, but return on their investment-wise it came out at a time where they could have slapped the brand onto a cooking simulator and it would have made money.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Could you put a list of monsters in the OP? Though I imagine that'd be pretty big.

Whichever of those Monsters is closest to Bakura's starting orb color.

Also my guess is to the right of the enemy castle, as represented by a low-res Prinny head.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 16, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In that case, I guess the closest would be Zombie Warrior.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It really wasn't complicated, or anything like FFT.

Also once you get outside of the actual card game in these games, all bets are off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guessing three monsters, each in the middle of each of the three mountain ranges.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe it only increases movement speed in water?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No monsters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

At least 4kids can say they aren't the worst translation of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heart of the Underdog.

The hong-kong subs translate Underdog as retarded, which leads to a great little episode where everyone calls Joey retarded. It ends with Kaiba saying 'Shut up stupid retard.'

Basically, everyone should watch the bootleg subs. At one point they mix up Joey and Serenity's names for like seven episodes straight.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, it was probably more a question of being under a thousand different draconian restraints about what they should put into dialogue. Shadow realm shadow realm shadow realm.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

When was this game made? Because that one girl who was mad at Yugi's grandpa also would have fit, but she was only a major character in the last arc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mai, Joey, Tea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There was a character in the Yu-Gi-Oh anime named Ishtar. But yes, that also fits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Multiple characters with that surname, actually.
Whoops. Somehow I wound up getting Ishizu's first name and their last name mixed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It would rule if one of Kaiba's random suits was a marshall.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yapping Eevee posted:

:cripes: What part of "we'll get to Kaiba's campaign soon" confuses you people?
What part of 'people who haven't played the game are speculating and nobody is spoiling anything' confuses you?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glazius posted:

I was going to say something about how modern the anti-air cannons looked, but then I realized we've got plenty of technological monsters running around too.
If you look, the cannons actually are monsters. The ground cannons are Catapult Turtles and the anti-air cannons are... something I cant' place. You can see that they're golems with cannons strapped to their back, though.

Shame this game came out too early to make use of Anti-Aircraft Flowers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm not sure what's up with them, but I think they wear the same thing in Duelist of the Roses.
I think it's because they're on the White Rose side in that game. Ergo, off-white coats.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Artix posted:

And what the hell are you talking about?

That isn't 4kids-approved!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

His name could have just been changed in the fantasy land.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

He might've actually died in the Japanese anime, too; that seems like something that 4Kids would water down into "being in a coma".
He shows up in the anime past that point, and also shows up in Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Replace whichever dino you like the least with Tiger Axe, just because someone's gotta get him. Besides, sabretooth tigers are prehistoric, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Byzantine posted:

I actually cannot recall him ever using a Dragon card that wasn't Blue-Eyes
Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and XYZ Dragon Cannon. :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yapping Eevee posted:

To be fair, he wasn't named during that Obelisk-testing scene. It may be a case of him being an Ascended Extra (because how could you waste that character design).
Japanese Air Date for that episode:

May 8, 2001.

Japanese Release Date for this game:

December 5, 2002.

Considering how slapdash this game can be at times, a bit over a year and a half seems like a reasonable development schedule for it. It's possible the character was put in the scene as a nod to the in-development game.

All this said, a much more interesting villain would have been a disgruntled dude who used to make lovely tie-in games for Duel Monsters. KaibaCorp's gotta have a few dozen of those.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 27, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes, that is clearly too goofy. Only the original series in which an ancient pharoah plays card games with a billionaire artist who loves cartoons is pure and mature enough for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Since that's the last campaign you unlock, I just have to say that's the lamest 'true ending' ever.

• Locked thread