Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pyrrhickong
May 17, 2010

The Hell's "beefcake" mean anyway?
I do have to love that, despite many monsters under the base 1500 line gaining some kind of effect to their attacks if their growths aren't that good (hi there Time Wizard), despite having an attack named 'Paralysis Scythe', Mystic Horseman gains nothing and remains fairly useless through the game, or at least through my playthroughs after about the fourth map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrrhickong
May 17, 2010

Man my memory is totally failing me...

But I'm pretty sure there's no roaming monsters on this one. Or if there are, I think it's time-related as opposed to locationally. I think at least one of them does that, though I don't THINK they come up this early. Or maybe I'm completely misremembering.

All I remember is I love the sprite they took from Forbidden Memories for the boss of this chapter.

pyrrhickong
May 17, 2010

Unfortunately I have this one memorized because of how large of a pain in the rear it was to find this one when I realized I was missing a monster for this chapter when I replayed the Yugi campaign. You can just suck it, Enchanting Mermaid. Don't recall if there was a second, I just remember specifically hating this monster because I didn't get it the first time around and really should have. If there was another one here, I don't remember it and probably never used it. Or I'm mistaking it for a water map in a Kaiba mission.

And go ahead and give Bakura Zombie Warrior, as much as I like Beastking because holy crap it's a toxic alligator.

EDIT: There was some crap here. Some of it's gone now.

pyrrhickong fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 16, 2013

pyrrhickong
May 17, 2010

Pretty sure they'd expect you to just come over the mountain to take over the town and camp out there to aggro the enemy so you eternally camp out at that one place. Plus it's between the least strategically-valuable fortress on the map and one that the enemy already controls.

Recall really liking this chapter. In any case, Replace Jellyfish with Octoberser, as I recall Blind being really, really obnoxious this game and loved using it. And leave Bakura behind, as Swordsman From A Foreign Land needs the EXP while Anatsu can take a nap for like four more maps and still be fine.

As for Forbidden Memories, I think it did a similar thing that Dark Duel Stories did, only instead of specific types that made your One-Eyed Illusionist so good at killing things for no reason, you had to choose one of two Roman Gods to assign your monsters to upon summoning and then learn which Gods automatically beat what. Or at least I recall Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth being Jupiter or something.

pyrrhickong
May 17, 2010

With how big of a deal AP has been, I'm curious as to what you can do with a limited amount. Any monsters, any marshall, no more than a combined total of 18 AP, no fusion monsters. If this is too obnoxious, try 20 AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrrhickong
May 17, 2010

He does use Chaos Emperor Dragon in that one tournament arc that no one cared about.

For relevance, I did play the game recently starting with the Kaiba campaign and grinded Moisture Creature to Level 90. As for his stats, Ends up with growths similar to Blue-Eyes, have him in about the low 5000's range if I recall (file has since been deleted for a self-challenge run involving using Dark Plant the entire game). He gains a special that is a self power up for 1000 (that looks incredibly silly), and I'm sitting at Level 90 with 3 AP before bonuses. No additional skill other than Level 5 Magic.

Incidentally, Level 99 Baby Dragon has 3 more AP and about 700 more ATK than Thousand Dragon. Just thought I'd say that because Rabid Horseman is far from the worst fusion.

Anyway, Moisture Creature to Pegasus

• Locked thread