Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Swap out the crab and penguin.

I want to see Kuriboh used as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Bench Shimon, switch Fizdis' Penguin Soldier for Man Eater Bug.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I know that I wouldn't bother sending troops down there if I didn't know something was up.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Drop Feral Imp for WDGotF#1 on Yugi.

Drop Blackland Fire Dragon for Man Eater Bug on Fizdis.

Give Shimon Zombie Warrior and Penguin Soldier.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
My coin flip tells me that there are no wandering monsters this map.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Out of curiosity, will Multiply actually make Kuriboh viable, and how many missions will it be until it appears?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Bakura should use the Zombie Warrior in place of the Beastking. Leave the Stuffed Animal, it's pleasantly creepy.

I think there are two monsters. One here...

...since there is seriously no reason to go over there otherwise, and the other as a reward for clearing the mission.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Jellyfish are boring. Let's see Octoberser instead.

Again, I think there are two monsters this mission. One here:

since that's the only really out-of-the-way place on the map, and the other as a reward for clearing the mission (we've got to get one of those eventually).

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Hmmm...

Kuriboh and Summoned Skull for Yugi. Since we're going for his classic team, it wouldn't be complete without at least one of those two (though I suspect Kuriboh at least to be a shoo-in).

Neck Hunter for Bakura. I was originally gonna suggest Summoned Skull, but no way in hell should Yugi not get him first, no matter how lackluster it might be. :colbert:

Swap in Illusory Gentleman onto Tristan's team. If it's as much of a powerhouse as you guys are suggesting... This oughta be good.

Make Mako the gimmick team user (if there are any in this game).

:effort: vote.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Well, after three new monsters last map, including a couple particularly powerful ones, I'm going to guess that there are no wandering monsters this mission.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
My stopped clock tells me that there is only one monster, and that it's in this weird little bubble of grass down here:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
My crystal ball hasn't been functioning so well the last few chapters.

One in that weird brown patch and the other in the southern town.

Bring Tristan I guess.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

Maybe the monster does the same thing: wait around until it shows up.

This is an interest idea, and would be crazy-dickish if the mission is relatively easy.

One monster, shows up on it's own if you wait long enough.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Kuriboh with Yugi. No monster.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Why would it matter if a spell that destroyed the world required a human sacrifice? The spell pretty much by definition kills everyone and everything anyway.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Since we got a monster for freeing Tea, I'm going to assume we get another for beating Joey. Give the Dark Elf to Tea. I don't care which monster you drop. Bench Mako.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yugi is the hero, and should do the honors.

Give Tristin back his SwordmanfaFL.

Give Shimon back the Beaver Warrior, and throw him a bone with The Illusory Gentleman.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh heck, I forgot to note monster locations.

Following the same pattern as the last two, Joey drops another monster. No special condition.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Bench Mako. Give Joey Panther Warrior, Red-Eyes BMD, and Flame Swordsman. Give Tristan Summoned Skull and Robotic Knight.

Somewhere in that upper bit of water, at least. Seems like somewhere you probably wouldn't go, without being hilariously out-of-the-way.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Seriously, there's another fusion guys. We need to see it.

I'm sure Artix doesn't mind replaying Yugi's campaign to show it off :getin:.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Joey and Fizdis

If this is an annoying gimmick map, it's a perfect time to have no monster.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

But yeah, Duke would have been a better choice. Or maybe Yugi's Grandpa.

Isn't Shimon Yugi's grandpa from the distant past or something?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Let's go forward with Team Friendship: Joey, Tea, and Tristan

That town seems out of the way and I honestly can't think of a better place :shrug:.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

Swap Neck Hunter back to Bakura in place of DM#2 and give Tristan Labyrinth Tank.

There's a monster in the center of that giant-rear end lake because TFK hates you and wants to see you suffer. This is just after we removed Mako, too :v:

Couldn't agree more.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Microcline posted:

I know monster encounter placement as a whole doesn't seem to follow any sort of logic other than "gently caress the player", but am I the only one who's going to ask what Gaia was doing looking for a master worthy of his eternal loyalty in the middle of a lake?

He planned to challenge Poseidon, King of the Sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
One monster for capturing the enemy HQ.

• Locked thread