Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Death Bot posted:

Lastly, the big one, the movie ends with (not a movie plot spoiler but a character resolution spoiler) Tony Stark having the shrapnel removed via surgery, and this is presented as emerging from a "cocoon," completely ignoring that one of the core points of the character is that the pieces of metal are not removable.

In all fairness, the idea of the piece of shrapnel that is "moving" into his heart is kinda ridiculous, and the idea that we can build bad rear end robots and poo poo but cant remove a piece of shrapnel from a man's chest is also ridiculous too. I mean believe what you like more, but I jut don't think that removing the shrapnel is all that bad.

I feel this movie did put a little too much emphasis on humor and not enough suit time. I also didn't like the running gag in the plot, felt like it was just kind of Disney's way of forcing Iron Man into weird situations similar to forcing Johnny Depp to fight while on a rolling water wheel. . .

3/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU