Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan the Accuser
1 pp, solo, no stress

He should by all rights be hunting down Tana Nile. Or drawing up the most painful and appropriate ways to destroy House Fiyero for framing him for treason and his susbequent exile in disgrace. But sometimes a Kree superman needs to take some me-time before figuring out the next move. Me-time involving smiting the unrighteous and maybe punching some Skrulls into orbit would be best, but laying low means traveling someplace out of the way, remote, primitive, and of no possible use or interest to any civilization that counts.

So it is Ronan the Accuser, champion of the Kree empire, finds himself stalking through LaGuardia. His powered armor shields him from sight, though people do occasionally bump into him and find themselves knocked over unexpectedly.

He sips from the large cup he swiped from a Starbucks counter. Their liquid stimulants are even more clogged with sweetness now, he thinks to himself, and calls upon the cosmic power of the Universal Weapon to turn his caramel macchiato into something less foamy and more befitting a warrior of the Kree empire. He drinks lustily from his newly created glass of Ovaltine.

There is a purpose to his presence other than simply hiding, of course. Although New York City is lousy with superpowered humans in oddly tight and impractical costumes, usually they are not particularly interesting. But today is different. Someone with something he might need is passing through today. A potential ally? Or excuse to give the Universal Weapon some playtime? Either way, a no-lose proposition.

Just required patience. Though he has had to idle (invisibly) in the airport security office for some time now, watching the cameras and backray scanner videos. He gazes at the scanners with particular amusement. So primitive and the human agents doesn't even seem to be paying much attention, he muses.

Calling upon the untold might of the Universal Weapon, he rearranges the photons of the x-rays bouncing back and alters the visual image. Let us see how they react to the image of Beta Ray Bill passing through security. Perhaps they will prove themselves capable and alert officers of the Human Empire! Slurp. Chocolatey!

OOC: All right, let's put together Ronan's Being a Dick roll! This is against the Doom Pool, right?
D10 Solo + D4 Wandering Exile + D10 Cosmic Mastery + D10 Crime Master (hey, doctoring images, right?), 13 with D10 effect

quote:

RONAN THE ACCUSER
Ronan (Public)
D10 Solo D8 Buddy D6 Team

Distinctions:
Kree Supremacist
Wandering Exile
You Stand Accused!

RENEGADE ACCUSER
D8 Enhanced Reflexes
D12 Godlike Strength
D8 Invisibility
D10 Superhuman Durability
D10 Superhuman Stamina
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, and complications from heat, cold, radiation, pressure, or vacuum.
SFX: Judgment. Step up or double a Crime Master asset or resource for an action. If the roll fails, move the asset or resource to the doom pool at its normal value.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Renegade Accuser power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Renegade Accuser power for this action.
Limit: Cybernetically Enhanced Armor. Shutdown Invisibility and step back Godlike Strength to gain a PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.
Limit: Kree Patriot. Step up emotional stress inflicted from the Kree government or populace to gain 1 PP.

UNIVERSAL WEAPON
D10 Cosmic Mastery
D10 Energy Blast
D10 Supersonic Flight
D10 Transmutation
D10 Weapon
SFX: Absorption. On a successful reaction against an energy-based attack action, convert your opponent’s effect die into a Universal Weapon stunt or step up a Universal Weapon power until used in an action. If your opponent’s action succeeds, spend 1 PP to use this SFX.
SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Universal Weapon power die to your pool. Step back each Universal Weapon power die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
SFX: Universal Forces. When including Cosmic Mastery in a roll to create assets or complications, remove the second highest rolling die and step up your effect die.
SFX: Unleashed. Step up or double any Universal Weapon power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of that power die.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown Universal Weapon to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover Universal Weapon.

SPECIALTIES:
D8 Combat Expert
D8 Cosmic Expert
D10 Crime Master
D10 Menace Master

MILESTONES:
Kree Weapon
1 XP when you threaten a criminal with the Universal Weapon.
3 XP when you use Universal Weapon to create a stunt.
10 XP when you either set aside the Universal Weapon to resign as Supreme Accuser, or take on a Kree ally as an apprentice so that they might wield the Universal Weapon in the future.

Supreme Accuser
1 XP when you condescend to or threaten an enemy of the Kree Empire.
3 XP when you create an asset so that an enemy can be brought to Kree justice.
10 XP when you publically execute an alien whose death will cause the Kree to become embroiled in a galactic war, or declare Kree law as unjust, set down your mantle as Supreme Accuser, and adopt the name Ronan the Free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan the Waster of Desk Jockeys' Time
Solo, 1 pp, no stress, chockful of vitamins

Downing his Ovaltine in a heroic gulp, he then moves to take advantage of the absence of personnel in the security room. While he can find his target without assistance, it would be much quicker and require fewer Beta Ray Bill apparitions if he just hacked into the computer system. All the passenger info and flight manifestos would be useful. Plus after all, this is just human hardware and software. Ronan rocks Kree cyberarmor with the latest kreOS build and microquantam decaprocessors.

Leaning over a terminal, Ronan began typing, using the Universal Weapon to alter the flow of electrons and unlock gates and pathways as necessary to force his way in.

OOC Okay, let's create that D8 Hacked FAA Files Resource.
Solo D10 + Kree Supremacist D8 + Cosmic Mastery D10 + Crime Master 2d8, 15 with D10 effect

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
But Wait, There's More, AKA High Up in the Air Where Mutants Dare

The passengers in coach were the usual mix of tired parents with noisy kids, college kids headed home, internet romance connections looking to finally meet, people on business that don't make enough to buy seats with leg room and free snacks, and men and women standing up and brandishing copies of the Daily Bugle while one dude started yelling about the Crusades. Wait, no, that's not normal, thought one of the passengers seated all the way in the back.

And then things got weirder. A blue woman with red hair and a gun decides to pick a fight and proclaim herself the real terrorist in charge. Great, dueling psychos, the passenger thought and glanced anxiously at the nearby vacant bathroom. Maybe I should get out of sight.

Of course the demented Lord of the Rings cosplayer burst out then, though with a very real-looking sword appearing as if by magic in his hands. And then he actually charged at the blue lady who had just started yelling about eating people.

"Crap," the passenger whispered loudly. Really not my problem. I don't know what I'm doing. I'd just get everyone killed. The screams of the other passengers cut into the reverie, accompanied by the sight of frantic parents trying to calm childen of the other passengers revealed their terror. Plus, of course, the knight and the blue people-eater brawling in the center of the plane.

Then again, they might be as good as dead anyway if I just sit here.... She crosses her fingers briefly for luck, then angrily uncrosses them since it is, after all, a stupid human superstition, and fixes her gaze on the knight before her. St. George, eh? Might be able to work with that... Let's let the Voice of God screw with him Real Genius style.

OOC: Trying to inflict an Emotional Complication here: IS THIS REALLY WHAT JESUS WOULD DO, BRO? Also, counting this as Solo since Mystique seems as much a bad guy right now as the Crusader.
Solo D10 + Pick On Someone Your Own Size D8 + Telepathy D10 (stepping up with SFX) + Psych Expert D8 + Zealot d8 (trying to use his Distinction against him), 18 with D10 effect

quote:

Couldn't find a decent image, so for now, enjoy Ikzayal's placeholder glamour shot portrait!
Edit: Updated to reflect XP spend and new Milestones

IKZAYAL
Alana Itxel Rodriguez (Secret)
Solo D10 Buddy D8 Team D6

Distinctions:
Alien Flashbacks
Just Want To Fit In
Pick On Someone Your Own Size!

ETERNAL OF TITAN
Cosmic Energy Blast D10
Godlike Stamina D12
Mind Control D10
Subsonic Flight D8
Telepathy D8
SFX: Basically Immortal. Spend a PP to ignore physical stress or trauma.
SFX: Cutting Loose. Step up or double any ETERNAL OF TITAN power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
SFX: Psychic Hooks. Add a D6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a mental attack-related complication on a target.
LIMIT: Cosmic Overload. Shutdown any ETERNAL OF TITAN power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
LIMIT: Celestial Heritage. If you try to attack or otherwise harm a Celestial or a Celestial’s agent, shutdown all Eternal of Titan powers and take mental stress equal to the largest die in your pool. Activate an opportunity to recover each power.

LOST DAUGHTER OF TITAN
Mimic D10
Shapeshifting D8
Teleport D8
SFX: Almost Got It! Spend 1 PP to reroll when using any LOST DAUGHTER OF TITAN power.
LIMIT: Emotional Isolation. Gain a PP to step up emotional stress related to alienation and loneliness.
Limit: Getting to Know You. MIMIC only duplicates powers that you observed being used in the Scene or from those on whom you’ve inflicted a SHARE YOUR SECRET Complication.

SPECIALITIES
Combat Expert D8
Cosmic Expert D8
Psych Expert D8
Tech Expert D8

MILESTONES

Power Overwhelming
Channeling cosmic energy is a responsibility, but it's also a rush. You went from average high school student to one of the most powerful beings on the planet... and you haven't even begun to explore your full potential.

1 xp when you first use your Cutting Loose SFX in a scene.
3 xp when you cause D10 or greater stress in a single attack against an enemy.
10 xp when you either refuse any help fighting an enemy wielding a D12 in their Power Set, or you admit you are not powerful enough to defeat the enemy and accept aid from your allies.

Compromise SHRA Infrastructure (Anti-Registration)
S.H.I.E.L.D. and their SHRA allies possess much greater resources and equipment than the underground. If you’re going to stand a chance, you’ll need to even the playing field.

1 XP when you stress out a Cape-Killer team or wreck a piece of S.H.I.E.L.D. hardware.
3 XP when your destruction of infrastructure results in collateral damage to innocent bystanders or heroes on your side.
10 XP when you destroy or commandeer a major S.H.I.E.L.D. resource or an irreplaceable piece of technology created by the Pro-Registration forces.

Both closed out!
Not One Of You
1 XP when you first use your ETERNAL OF TITAN powers in public each time.
3 XP when you first activate your Emotional Isolation Limit.
10 XP when you either reject Earth completely to rejoin Titan society, or embrace humanity as their protector.

The Real Me
1 XP when you discuss or learn more about the history and powers of the Eternals.
3 XP when you use an ETERNAL OF TITAN power to create an asset or complication.
10 XP when you either find an Eternal willing to train you, or you find a non-Eternal tutor who can help you master your power.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 3, 2014

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Those Magnificent Mutants In Their Flying Machines
Buddy D8, PP 1, Stress: none

It wasn't enough. Whoever he is, the Ren Faire terrorist had so much faith it was basically armor of its own. But she was so close. She could feel the the cracks in his psyche. Reflexively, the young woman in the last row leaned forward, ready to reach out and deal the final blow to the crazy knight's already damaged mind... and then the psycho Smurf lady threw him down the plane and out of sight. Not that she couldn't find him again.

But first the stupid anti-superhero cronies needed to be out of the way. They were starting to get distracting.Maybe it's time they experienced the wages of sin firsthand, she thought with maybe a teensy bit of enjoyment. She reached her mind out to theirs and poured in the best (i.e., worst and hellfire-iest} visions of hell she could remember from her Intro to Western Religions reading.

OOC: Going with Buddy since Mystique and my PC are working together, even if they don't necessarily know it. Bumping up the Mind Control with her SFX, too.
D8 Buddy + D4 Pick On Someone Your Own Size + 2d8 Mind Control + 1d8 Psych, 9 with D8 effect
Ugh. Extra D8 to the Doom Pool if I fail, too. At least I got a PP out of it.

Edit: Oops, forgot to nominate next person. Crusader is up next!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 7, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Buddy D8, PP 2, Stress: none

Never mind, this part was all Ronan's idle musing while he programmed the airport computers to randomly pop up "5K4U11Z 5UXX0R LOL" alerts. The real post is here.

Alana slapped her forehead. She could not believe how badly she just screwed that up. Though instead of feeling ashamed, she just felt annoyed.

Then one of the cultists leaned over her and started barking for her to hand over her carry-on luggage. "Screw you," she told the red-faced, balding man waving the Daily Bugle in her face. And then he actually bopped her on the head.

"Oh, that's it," she said and stood up. Anger washed over her and through her. Memories from Titan battle school combine with an atavistic memory of the Unimind. Into the man's brain, Alana blasted the image of being in the void of space, naked, cold yet burned by cosmic rays, the air ripped out of his lungs, his eyes boiling in impossible cold. Next she attempted to stab into the next cultist's mind, and the next, letting their pain and horror build on each other in an ever-increasing ocean of anguish. This was harder than anything she's attempted before and she began to feel suddenly strained....

OOC: She's got some aggression to work out, sure, but hey, she just got back from visiting family for a week and you know how stressful that can be! Anyway, here's my dice pool (spending 1 PP for a Mind Control stunt):
Buddy D8 + Alien Flashbacks D8 + Mind Control D10 + Psych Expert D8 + Pain Feedback Loop D8, 10 with D8 effect and 2(!) Opportunities
Really she should have just blasted these idiots into submission. *sigh*

Mystique is next! Try not to die!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 10, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Solo D10, 2 PP, 0 Stress

Alana knew time was running out before either a passenger or a cultist lost it and joined in the fighting. When that happened, everyone was pretty much doomed. Better to get these mighty mite terrorists out of the way now so she could help crazy-but-effective blue lady out. Biting her lip, she reached deep within her implanted training memories and prepared to unleash a debilitating illusion on J.J. Jameson's would-be Fifth Column....

Then the knight punched the blue woman right out of the plane and took a chunk of the bulkhead with it. Everyone was silent, though not because there weren't screams: they just weren't audible over the sudden shriek of rapidly evacuating air. No one's eyes were on her for a split second.... Time to end this. No more lame Superman II games.

When the nearest cultist looked back, the back seats were empty. The young Latina had vanished. Not that he or anyone else likely noticed: a dark-skinned woman with an odd---Kirbyesque, one might even say---midnight blue costume, purple streaked flowing hair, and a not-terribly-practical-looking-but-cool half-helmet appeared in a flash of brilliance above everyone suddenly.

Motes of light coalesced around her eyes. A moment later, corruscating bolts of blue-white cosmic energy slammed into her targets.

OOC: Time to take her combat power for a test drive at last! I figured I could throw in Teleport by saying she positioned herself in a better shooting position.
Solo D10 + D8 Pick On Someone Your Own Size + Cosmic Blast 2D10 (SFX) + Teleport D8 + Combat Expert D8, 16 with 2 D10 effect dice(spending 1 PP to pull in the extra effect die)

I am pulling punches, by the way. I'm not stepping down any dice, but I am choosing not to inflict trauma. I want these guys to be out cold and hurting, but alive for the feds to enjoy when we touch down.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Solo D10, 2 PP, no stress

Ikzayal felt oddly calm as the strange man ran toward her, his sword ready to chop her in two. The past few seconds have been some of the most exhilarating in her life. All the cosmic energy just lying there, waiting to be collected, shaped, changed, shot out in beautiful spears of searing light....

Oh right, being charged by Prince Valiant. How do I even know that reference? she thought, waiting till the last moment to zoom to the side and try to avoid getting hit. To throw him off further, she taunted him as she moved, "God has you hitting a lot of women lately, huh? Sounds like maybe it's someone else's voices you're obeying."

OOC: Here goes nothing.
Solo D10 + Pick On Someone Your Own Size D8 + Flight D10 (Cutting Loose SFX) + Mimic D10 + Combat Expert D8 + IS THIS REALLY WHAT JESUS WOULD DO, BRO? Complication D10, 13 with D10 effect

Using a PP to grab one of the extra D10 effect die to create an asset with my Mimic power. Ikzayal copies Crusader's Superhuman Strength at D10.

Maybe she was just that fast, or maybe her earlier psychic jujitsu had left his brainpan a bit tender still, but she felt like she barely moved and his sword still planted itself in the ugly aisle carpeting.

Ikzayal felt a wave of power rush through her. She felt like she could do anything. In fact, a sudden flashback reminded her that she could. Almost as a reflex, she will her stored cosmic energy to recreate the incredible strength of the Crusader.

She dropped down in front of him, a smile on her lips and her voice saccharine. "I have a theological question. Which is stronger: your faith or my fist?" Being a rhetorical question, she didn't wait for an answer before slamming her knuckles into the Crusader's solar plexus as hard as she---well, really, as hard as he---possibly could.

OOC: Crusader's at D10 Physical Stress, right? Let's see if I can push him over the edge with my sarcastic punching action.
Solo D10 + Alien Flashbacks D8 + Superhuman Strength D10 + Combat Expert D8 + IS THIS REALLY WHAT JESUS WOULD DO, BRO? Complication D10, spending 1 PP to make that 22 with D10 effect

Edit: Forgot to mention, but one opportunity on my reaction roll.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 11, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Solo D10, 0 PP, no stress

And like that, the transient---no, wait, why did I use that word?---the supervillain---not much better---was dealt with. Rather painfully, too, judging by Crusader's barely conscious whimpers and ragged breath.

Ikzayal suddenly felt very conspicuous, dressed as she was and surrounded by a pile of people she had just blasted into unconsciousness. The knight to whom she'd just delivered a generous helping of broken ribs wasn't helping. Everyone's eyes were on her. She very much wanted to slip back into Alana's guise for a while.

In as authoritative a voice as she could muster (given she's an Eternal, that wasn't that tricky), she announced, "The threat is eliminated. We Eternals protect your kind as we ever have. You shall land safely soon, so I will, um, let you do that."

And with that, she zoomed down the aisle and out of the bulkhead... then teleported back into the bathroom and changed back into the shape of Alana. She glanced at the mirror and frowned. She seemed so small and... human now. She couldn't help a slight shiver of dismay.

She leaned against the door, working her way through everything that just happened. So she passed the time while she waited for the plane to land and for things to return to normal.

OOC: Should I be tallying XP? I think Ikzayal has 5 now, 1 for using her powers in public, 3 for creating a complication with her Eternal of Titan power set, and maybe 1 for that awkwardly shoehorned mention of Eternals at the end there.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Alana came out of the bathroom after she felt the landing (which was remarkably gentle for being in a farmer's field in North Carolina). She followed the emergency lights and went down the emergency slide, where to her relief, she saw absolutely no authorities waiting. Apparently response time for EMS and police in rural North Carolina is a bit on the sluggish side.

Taking advantage of the confusion, she indulged in some minor telepathic suggestions to make sure no one thought it strange she volunteered to go by herself to look for the nearest road and get help. As soon as she felt sufficiently far to be out of sight, she transformed back into her Eternal form, feeling oddly comforted in so doing.

Flying high over bucolic North Carolina, she realized she absolutely no idea where she was going. Idly, she wondered how superheroes and supervillains always seeemed to know how to get from city to city. And then of course a flying car zoomed below her.

Might as well follow it, she thought, At least it probably has GPS. Shifting her skin into a sky-like shade of blue, she took off after the car. Lucky thing: it was headed to NYC, too! And unsurprisingly, it landed at the Stark Tower.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Solo D10, 0 PP, no stress

After Mystique's hasty exit, the SHIELD agents exited as well. Alana quickly learned that while blue is a great camouflage color for open sky, it's not so great against the glass, metal, and brick of NYC.

"We can see you," one of the agents called out. "Seriously, you were on our radar for like the last twenty minutes."

"In case getting us in an alleyway and attacking is your plan, we haven't had our coffee break for like an hour and are getting mighty cranky," the other one yelled, "Plus we have ridiculously cool guns and superfriends to back us up. Just saying."

Alana set herself down, still in Ikzayal's form except no longer bluing herself.

"I was lost and also I just saw Smurf---I mean, the blue woman you were with," she said. She took a deep breath, then continued. "Look, you should probably know what just happened on flight 616 Miami-NYC...."

After Alana's carefully edited story, the agents took a vote (calling heads or tails on a coin flip is technically a vote). Heads was full debriefing at SHIELD headquarters with lovely office coffee, tails was let Stark deal with it and hit up the cafe down the block.

So about ten minutes after Mystique went upstairs, a very harried receptionist had the pleasure of two SHIELD agents dropping off a tall costumed Latina woman and said Mr. Stark had to hear about this. Or possibly Dr. McCoy. "Or the creepy mustache guy with the cape and unlimited ringtone budget, whatever, just one of them," the agents said as they hurried out the door.

Alana smiled nervously and waited for the receptionist to either call upstairs or security.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal in the Penthouse At Last!

Eternals don't do sheepish very well, but Alana managed a fair approximation as she walked past the receptionist into the express elevator. She took her time following the signs as a sudden knot of anxiety filled her gut.

And then there it was: the doors to the penthouse of Stark Tower. Behind it, who knows? Tony Stark, sure, probably. The SHIELD agents mentioned the X-Men professor, Hank McCoy, so he'd probably be there, too. Oh, and the blue lady that got thrown out of a plane. The knot grew bigger.

This is dumb and I'm dumb for being nervous, she thought (nervously) to herself. I'm not even from this planet, really, so who cares. I'm just here to explain what happened.

She summoned her courage and opened the doors. "Ahem, hello---" she began, just as the roof access door opened and in came Stark with a high profile friend. Also Jessica Drew.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Momentarily overwhelmed, Alana lets Stark's implicit request to identify herself go unanswered for a long moment. "Sorry, I'm Ikzayal," she blurted out. "I mean, I don't have a superhero name, or supervillain for that matter. That's just my name, which I promise is perfectly normal on my home planet. Moon. Not planet."

She almost slapped her forehead at how cheesy her intro was going. Then again, surely it was understandable reaction to walking into a room with so many former heroes, including the former---

"Wait, did I just walk into a new Avengers start-up? Maybe I should come back later. I was only here because the SHIELD folks downstairs wanted me to talk about flight 616, but she"---Alana pointed at Mystique---"was there for most of it anyway, so really I'd just be filling in blanks. No Magneto involvement that I know, just a dumb guy in a Ren Fair outfit and some weirdoes waving the Daily Bugle at everyone."

She trailed off, feeling decidedly out of place. Also her costume suddenly didn't seem so cool. Though at least I'm not rocking a cape, she thought, stealing an oblique glance at Doctor Strange. There's vintage and then there's... capes.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

"Oh, not the Earth's moon," Ikzayal said. "I'm from one of Saturn's moons, Titan." She hurriedly adds, "Not really even from there, just born there. Also, nice to meet you, Sooraya." She glanced at Hercules, then Iron Man, and said, "The rest of you, too."

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

"I'm really not sure I should be voting," Ikzayal said. "Or what he meant by me being 'provisional.' But I guess I vote for Doctor Strange. You've chaired things before, right?"

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Team D6, 0 pp, no stress, 5 XP (I think)

Alana pulled off a look of stoic indifference (more or less), but her heart was practically threatening to explode. Did I just get drafted into the Avengers? she thought, a knot growing in her stomach. This can't be right. I don't really know what I'm doing!

She glanced at Dr. McCoy for a moment, then pretended to be extremely interested in Mjolnir, just lying there on the counter, while beaming a thought telepathically to the blue-furred mutant scientist.

**Forgive the intrusion, Dr. McCoy, this is Ikzayal. I'm not sure if Stark is serious about the provisional Avenger status, but if he is, well, I am unbelievably new to superheroing. You've trained mutants and helped them understand their power. I don't suppose you know anyone who can help me with mine?**

Her hand reached out in the direction of Mjolnir... but went for snagging a piece of cheese from the plate next to the bean dip instead.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Team D6, 0 pp, no stress, 5 or 6 XP (meh, I'll figure it out when it's time to unlock Doomwhipper)

Of course Alana's astronomy exam would be the same day of the press conference. Thankfully the hardest part for her was to remember to limit her answers to Earth-based knowledge, allowing her to rush through and turn her exam book in about twenty minutes into the final.

Then it was a hurried rush to a secluded space so she could teleport into the Stark Tower's lobby and head up to join the others. She changed into her Eternal form, though she added a stylized Avengers insignia on her half-helmet. Is it really even a helmet? she thought. It's really more of a glorified crown and face mask... barely room to fit the silly A and swirl.

Alana noticed Dust emerge from a side room as she entered the waiting room. She smiled and greeted her. "I liked the yellow X, but the sash is nice, too. Cooler than this anyway," she said, pointing at her helmet with a momentary grimace. "So fair warning: I call dibs on standing behind Hercules. Much better chance of the press not being able to see me at all hiding there. That is, assuming no one comes to their senses about my being a provisional Avenger."

And then it was time....

She listened to the speech intently, finding a sudden calm as Stark continued. "I am an Eternal, after all," she said to herself. "I was literally designed to protect these humans, really." She held her chin up, decided that maybe she wouldn't hide behind Hercules after all.

"Wait, did Stark just say Strange is zapping us down?" she blurted out. "That's so not necessary, I'd rather beam myself---"

Then she suddenly found sunlight bathing her face as she was mystically zapped to the front of the Stark Tower, standing on a stage and trying to look sufficiently heroic (though again, doing a fair job of it without her realizing it).

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 21, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Team D6, 0 pp, no stress, 6 XP (almost positive that's right!)

Ikzayal decided that if charging the elite team was good enough for Hercules and the guy with the yellow booties, it was good enough for her. Though given the elite squad seemed well-prepared for a frontal assault, she decided to try surprising them by teleporting behind them.

She reappeared silently a few yards behind the squad of alien soldiers, then let a devastating blast loose... at the ceiling above the Arthrosians. Hopefully she could cover them in rubble and make their counterattack more difficult.

OOC: Crap, I need some Plot Points stat! Deliberately making GBS threads up my roll with a D4 Distinction the next couple of rounds.... Anyway, trying to create a "Buried in Baxter Building Rubble" Complication on the elite squad.
Team D6 + Pick On Someone Your Own Size! D4 + Cosmic Energy Blast (using SFX) 2D10 + Combat Expert D8 + Teleport D8 = 8 with D10 effect

Well, hell. That's a free D10 to your Doom Pool if she fails (and I'll be flabbergasted if she doesn't with a roll like that!). At least I got a PP out of it.

Elite Arthrosians can go next!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Team D6, 1 pp, no stress, 6 XP(?)

Ikzayal tried to dodge the hail of fire by a combination of zig-zag flight and teleporting, but the room was too crowded for her to maneuver.

Then again, the pulse rifles felt no worse than a bad sunburn and even then, only for a second as her body instantly repaired the damaged tissue.

OOC: Rolling reaction for Ikzayal with another D4 Distinction:
Team D6 + Flight 2d8 (Stepping Up SFX) + Teleport D8 + Combat Expert D8 + Very Crowded D4 = 10 with D8 effect and 1 opportunity, so 1 more PP for me plus you get another D8 for the doom pool

Spending 1 PP to activate Basically Immortal and shrug off the energy blasts.

And in that split second of healing, the bug soldiers were all taken care of.

Thankfully for her pent-up aggression, there were plenty more where they came from on the next floor. Implanted memories of how Eternals deal with Arthrosians bubbled up in her mind. Her mother's voice came through clearly: just blast them to bits with your eye lasers.

Gleefully, Ikzayal did just that.

OOC: Okay, here goes nothing:
Team D6 + Alien Flashbacks D8 + Cosmic Energy Blast 2D10 (Cutting Loose SFX) + Combat Expert D8 = 14 with D10, spending a PP to take another D10 and whittle down the Horde that much more (hopefully!)

I nominate the brave Hercules to go next!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Team D6, 0 pp, no stress, xp meh, I'll figure out later

Things seemed to be going well. Ikzayal was almost afraid she wouldn't get to shoot her cosmic eyebeams at anything at this rate. Which was actually kind of disturbing, she mused, but maybe this isn't really the time to worry about---crap, was that huge thing charging at breakneck speed aiming at her?

She felt a twinge of panic as it was about to hit her. She simultaneously tried to dodge with a burst of flight and restructure her body to be more Hercules-like.

OOC: Man, I need to start racking up PPs... also, remembering to use my Mimic power because it's fun!
Team D6 + Pick On Someone Your Own Size! D4 + Subsonic Flight D10 (Cutting Loose SFX) + Mimic D10 + Combat Expert D8 = 12 with D8 effect and 1 opportunity for the Watcher, plus another D8 for the Doom Pool if I failed

But at least I have another PP!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Team D6, 2 pp, D8 stress, 8 xp

Feeling actual pain was not so bad. Not when compared to the embarrassment and frustration of not being able to dodge a giant and not-at-all inconspicuous bladed rock bug thing.

Well, turnabout's fair play. She let her rage envelop her so that her body buzzed with the untapped energy within. Sparks of brilliant light played around her eyes as she prepared another cosmic blast... and teleported behind the creature just before letting loose. Hopefully that would catch it completely off-guard.

Team D6 + Pick On Someone Your Own Size! D8 + Cosmic Energy Blast 2D10 (SFX: Cutting Loose) + Teleport D8 + Combat Expert D8 = spending 1PP to pull in an extra die, so total 23 with D10 effect, one opportunity to the Watcher

Who's left to tag? Spider-Woman's player is gone for the next couple of days if I remember correctly. If the Centurion is still alive, consider it tagged. And if not, fights over anyway, yeah?

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 21, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

"Here and mostly in one piece," Ikzayal piped up. She looked at Dust. "That was incredible. The only problem is being an Arthrosian on your bad side."

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Ikzayal said, "Soraya has a point. If she's hurt, shouldn't that take precedent? Besides, you---we---could always play up the wounded teammate injured while saving Earth angle if the reporters really need to be sold on how legit this new team-up is."

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Team D6, 2 pp, D8 stress, 10 xp

Alana stepped forward, nodding at Stark. "My name is Ikzayal," she said. "That's not a code name. That is my real name. And my training comes from the inherited wisdom of the Eternals, who have learned how to harness their power over millenia. When the Celestials came---" She paused, wondering if anyone outside of her team understood what an Eternal was.

"Hmm. Let's put it this way: I am part of an immortal race of people who have been tasked with the protection of this planet. And no, I'm not a Highlander. I'm an Eternal and I'm keeping up with our tradition of looking after Earth. For what it's worth, joining up with the Avengers is one of the smartest ways to do that. Together we just contained an invading force of extradimensional aliens with hardly any property damage done, let alone anyone dying."

She glared at JJJ, though her half-helmet made it impossible to see her eyes. That and the angry motes of energy flickering around them. She waved at Spider-Woman and finished, "And for the record? I'm happy to be associated with the people on stage here. All of them."

OOC: While all this is going on, Ikzayal's body tries to repair itself... the D8 automatically steps down to D6 Stress this scene, yeah?
1d6 Team + 1d8 Alien Flashbacks + 1d12 Godly Stamina + 1d8 Shapeshifting + 1d8 Cosmic Expert = 12 with D8 Effect Die and of course, I also rolled a 1

Oh, and adding some XP for talking about Eternals and using a power in public.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

"Yes, one major objection," Alana said, glancing at Black Cat. "Please don't call me Ik. Maybe Zaya or even Ix." Turning to Strange, she replied, "Symbiotes are as vulnerable to cosmic eye lasers as anything else, right? I'm up for it."

The thing was that she really did feel a yearning to find him and test him in a fight. That again was a weird thought she would just have to find time to process later, though.

"Hey Herc, bet you Black Cat and I can take our assigned bad guy down quicker than you can!"

OOC: Did my stress roll at the press conference succeed? I don't even remember.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Buddy D8, 2 pp, D8 stress, 20 xp (I did kind of promise to protect humanity and all that jazz)

The Miniquin was not as exhilarating as flying under her own power, Alana mused, but she had to admit that the nav system was much easier than trying to figure out landmarks by sight. Plus the onflight cocoa was ridiculously good. Oh, and monitoring local news reports. That proved to be helpful, too.

"Last news reports had Venom attacking a chalet just outside of Innsbruck," she said to Black Cat. "Roughly two hours ago. I've never faced him before. How far do you think he could have gone?"

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Buddy D8, 2 pp, D8 stress, 20 xp

Ikzayal nodded. "Let's just hope Venom bothered to leave survivors," she said. She glanced at the Miniquin. "It would be much quicker and easier to use mental communication instead of radiowaves to keep in contact. Plus I can come as soon as there's trouble or vice versa."

After getting Black Cat's input, Ikzayal started exploring what was left of the chalet.

OOC: Can I create a Blends Right In Resource/Asset by using her Shapeshifting to mimic the colors and textures of the walls and floors?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Buddy D8, 1 pp, no stress, 20 xp

Ikzayal moved to check the girl's condition, hoping desperately this one would be alive. That she was provided only momentary comfort as she quickly realized she had no idea how to stabilize her. But there's probably top-grade first aid on the Miniquin....

In a flash, she teleported to where Black Cat left the Miniquin and set the girl down carefully but quickly, then rummaged through the medical gear. She summoned up whatever mental programming her parents had instilled about fixing broken humans (or humanoids anyway) and got to work. Messages of hope and comfort beamed constantly into the girl's head in the hope that would help ease any shock.

OOC: Updated PP total to reflect my Blends Right In Resource, which I assume will still work if I go chasing after Venom in the snow later.

Also, rolling to see if I can help the injured girl:

1d10 Solo + 1d8 Alien Flashbacks + 2d8 Telepathy (Cutting Loose SFX) + maybe Miniquin First Aid? = 15 with D8 effect (that's without any first aid bonus die)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Solo D10, 1 pp, no stress, 22 xp

Ikzayal maintained the telepathic contact, including the beaming of a sense of calmness, and answered, "The creature that attacked you is named Venom. He is on the run, but my companion will catch up to him soon and then we will deal with him." She paused, then added, "My name is Ikzayal and I am an Avenger, as is my colleague. And I am also an Eternal. Protecting people like you from things like him is part of my reason for existence. I promise you: after we find him, he will not be in a condition to ever hurt you again."

She waited for a minute or two more to ensure the girl was stable and relatively non-confused, then checked to see if the Miniquin had some sort of automatic pilot and land function she could access. Black Cat and she could always recall the plane later, after all, or Ikzayal could just teleport them back to it... but this girl needed to get back to civilization pronto.

As she searched the controls, she mentally transmitted to Black Cat: "One survivor. I'm trying to send her on the plane back to the nearest city. I'm going to teleport to your location afterward unless that would blow your cover or something." Edit: After sending the Miniquin off, Ikzayal proceeded to teleport while still keeping up her chameleon effect.

OOC: I added 1 xp for using powers in public and 1 xp for talking up the Eternals' raison d'etre.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 18, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Solo D10, 1 pp, no stress, 22 xp

Of course he would show up just as she was about to get the girl to safety. No, she corrected herself. It. This thing is an it. She reacted to his taunt silently by teleporting into the sky a couple dozen meters above the cottage, letting her skin shift to white and blue to match the sky and snow. Hovering above and slightly behind him, she quickly went through her possible tactical options.

She decided on the faithful stand-by: full-on eye lasers. She made sure to teleport much closer right before the blast, then try to move back quickly, hoping to confuse Venom should it try to dodge. Her constant blending in with the background should help obfuscate where the blast came from as well... or so she hoped.

All her contempt and anger at what Venom is and what it had done to the innocents coalesced into motes of light, then transformed into a beam of cosmic fury at its back.

OOC: Here's hoping for a good roll!
1d10 Solo + 1d8 Pick On Someone Your Own Size! + 2d8 Flight (Cutting Loose SFX) + 1d8 Teleport + 1d8 Blends Right In Asset + 1d8 Combat Expert = 14 with D10 effect

Not too shabby. I take it this means I'm go for the attack, so here's my next roll.
1d10 Solo + 1d8 Pick On Someone Your Own Size! + 2d10 Cosmic Energy Blast (Cutting Loose SFX) + 1d8 Teleport + 1d8 Blends Right In Asset + 1d8 Combat Expert = spending 1 PP to pull in an extra die, so 19 with D10 Effect

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Solo D10, 0 pp, no stress, 25 xp

Ikzayal tried to keep her calm despite the angry Symbiote charging at her and spewing a disgusting black blob of inky symbiote matter at the same time. Her first instinct was to fly, but inspiration suddenly struck. Venom's cunning might eventually beat her admittedly makeshift camouflage, and cosmic energy blasts seemed to bounce right off, but everything still routed to a brain (degenerate as Gargan's may be). Why not short-circuit Venom at the source?

With a split second before contact, Ikzayal simultaneously curved and flattened her body, jerking it out of Venom's path. She used the spike of adrenaline to fuel her mental daggers, trying to pierce into Venom's brain and drive Gargan crazy with waves of powerlessness, confusion, and fear.

OOC: D10 Solo + D4 Pick On Someone Your Own Size! + 2d8 Telepathy (Cutting Loose SFX) + D8 Shapeshifting + D8 Blends Right In + D8 Combat Expert = 16 with D10 effect
1 PP for me, plus 2 opportunities. I'm going to spend that 1 PP right away to create D10 Emotional Stress on Venom. I don't think Venom can resist, but please let me know if I screwed up! Edit: After clarification, changing the D10 Emotional Stress to a D10 A Million Psychic Needles Pricking My Brain! Complication.

The psychic foothold was secure and she gleefully sank painful hooks of trauma into the edifice of Venom's mind. But now she had to follow through quickly before Venom took out its suffering on her. Beaming acute despair and worthlessness into her target, Ikzayal tried to shove Gargan's ego into the darkest, deepest corner of his brain and render him catatonic for a good long while. She relied on her camouflage and quick teleportation to confuse Venom about where the attack was coming from.

OOC: I can't help but think the eye lasers would be kinder, come to think of it, but oh well! Here's Ikzayal's ego attack on Venom, trying to create Mental Stress:
D10 Solo + D4 Pick On Someone Your Own Size! + D10 Mind Control (Cutting Loose SFX) + D8 Teleport + D8 Psych Expert + D8 Blends Right In + D10 A Million Psychic Needles Pricking My Brain! Complication = 20 with D10 effect plus 1 PP for me and another opportunity. Also another 3 xp for me since I just realized I get xp for creating that Complication above with my Eternal of Titan power (already added to total above).

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 22, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Ikzayal floated down to the ground, somewhat nonplused at what had just happened. Now that the fight was over, she was surprised she had vanquished Venom with relative ease. Probably got lucky, she told herself, but still going to brag about it to Herc....

The squirming symbiote worried her. She glanced at the plane, wondering if Stark had any sort of containment contingency for noxious creatures like this.

Of course, she could just try to mentally eviscerate the thing to---death? Non-mobility? Does a symbiote ever die or stop functioning short of actual, complete destruction?

Oh well, guess only one way to find out. With a shrug, she projected her psychic poison into the symbiote, doing her best to completely overwhelm it.

OOC: Is that even possible? And what do I roll against if so? Edit: Never mind, I'm a dummy who forgot basic stress and trauma rules. So do I roll another attack against the symbiote and try to up the stress? Against the doom pool since the sucker's basically unconscious? Or is this something even worth pursuing? Mainly I want to make sure neither Gargan nor the symbiote are going to get up and start rampaging while Ikzayal runs off to help Black Cat.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 27, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Ikzayal could not look away from the symbiote except to steal a glance at the comatose Gargan, drooling and insensate... but only temporarily. She could burn away his mind permanently, as well as the symbiote's, for that matter. She could, in other words,execute them.

Avengers don't do that, but then, Eternals have other duties, she thought to herself. Either I'm a murderer or I let a psychopath live and more people will be eaten alive, so I'd be a murderer by proxy. drat it, why couldn't he put up more of a fight?

Pulling herself together, she reopened telepathic contact with Black Cat. She was tied with Mystique in Ikzayal's eyes at knowing how to get out of tricky situations gracefully. Hope this isn't a bad time, but um, do you know if we have any sort of symbiote containment unit on the Miniquin? It's just quivering there on the snow, his prior host is no longer suitable, and that's not something you want to leave lying around.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Ikzayal made up her mind. As usual, the most ethical option was not the one requiring the most effort or resulting in the most adventure: in this case, it just involved quickly popping into the Miniquin, contacting SHIELD, and then sending the Miniquin on autopilot to drop off the recovering girl at the nearest town (then hopefully back to Zaya, but if she even got the first leg of the flight to work, she'd consider it a success).

So that's what she did. After sending SHIELD a quick message---"This is Ikzayal---one of the Avengers on the news conference the other day, yes I am TOO an Avenger, and anyway, I rendered Venom comatose and the symbiote is lying in the snow as a really big safety hazard... mind sending a containment team? Great, I'll just be here then."---she set the plane's coordinates and teleported back outside to keep a careful pair of (glowing laser-ready) eyes on Gargan and the symbiote.

OOC: While she's out here cooling her heels, can she go ahead and MIMIC Venom's power set during her wait?

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 30, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Feeling both nervous and impatient, Ikzayal decided to check in with Black Cat again. *Anything exciting happening on your end? Don't suppose there's an emergency that requires the immediate application of eye lasers by any chance?*

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

*Venom in there? The creepy symbiote is a quivering mass of black goo lying still in the snow right now. The guy wearing it is lying blubbering a few yards away trying to put his mind back together. So whatever's in there is not Venom. Which honestly doesn't make me feel any better if there's a rogue Venom-esque armor suit running around.*

She paused, weighing her options. Gargan might be out cold, but what if the symbiote decided to wrap around him anyway? Or got into the Miniquinn and possessed the already victimized girl?

*I can teleport in whenever, but unless I take the symbiote with me, Venom might wake up or the symbiote find a new host.* It can't possess animals, can it?, she asked herself. I don't want to lose Avengers status because I allowed a bear symbiote to happen. *Oh, and this is kind of like being on the same radio wavelength, except I'm only paying attention when you're thinking something at me.*

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Ikzayal beams to Black Cat: Did you just come across something that gave a loud, menacing howl? Because it's quiet out here, so I'm pretty sure I picked that up from your brain.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

Ikzayal sighed. On my way! Things just had to get messier.

She beamed a thought into the minds of both Gargan and the symbiote (inasmuch as the latter had a mind): Stay put. I can find you, no matter where you go, and if I am forced to do so, then I will have to punish you. The hunger that defines you I can make so much worse... while stranding you on the moon or deep in the earth, away from anything resembling food. For as long as I live, which is pretty long since I am immortal. Ciao!

She then teleported into the Miniquin and set it to autopilot to the nearest city before teleporting to the closest piece of cover in Felicia's vision.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal

The austere beauty of the Alps vanished and Ikzayal's view was now of an underground base with what looked like---Venom? Except giant, formless, and cowering along a wall.

"Oh come on," she exclaimed. "I just put one of you down a few minutes ago!"

She grimaced. The cosmic blasts did not work so well last time, but this symbiote seemed somewhat distracted. Maybe she could get a good shot in...

OOC: ...depending on the vagaries of Orokos, of course!
D8 Buddy + D10 Pick on someone your own size + 2D10 Cosmic Blast (using SFX) + D8 Combat Expert = 19 with D10 effect
Dammit, forgot to add Remote Flash Bomb Complication, but I guess the most it could do would be push my 19 to a 20 if Orokos is feeling very kind or 1 PP if extremely unkind, so oh well.

Anyway, new round, right? Tagging Black Cat if so!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Buddy D8, 0 pp, no stress, 25 xp, D6 So That's What Eye Lasers Feel Like Complication

"Clever little symbiote bastard, aren't you?" Ikzayal said, smarting from the sunburns where the splintered blast hit her. Not having a better idea, though, she decided to launch another blast, this time using her shapeshifting to twist her body around to line up an optimal shot (i.e., not near any other lenses).

D8 Buddy + D8 Pick On Someone Your Own Size! + 2D10 Cosmic Energy Blast (SFX) + D8 Shapeshifting + D8 Combat Expert + D10 Blinded Complication = 10 with D10 effect plus 2 opportunities, i.e., 2 more PP for me, and an extra die for the doom pool since that almost certainly failed

Ugh. Vendra's up.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ikzayal
Buddy D8, 2 pp, no stress, 25 xp, D6 So That's What Eye Lasers Feel Like Complication

Zaya didn't let Venom get its talons on her and she drat well didn't intend to let this thing get a chance to either. Still shifting her body in increasingly windy and inhuman shapes, she also send a blast of psychic chatter at the creature to confuse it.

OOC: Defense roll:
D8 Buddy + D8 Pick On Someone Your Own Size! + D10 Mind Control (SFX) + D8 Shapeshifting + D8 Combat Expert + D10 Blinded Complication = 18 with D8 effect, spending 1 PP to inflict D10 You Don't Want To Hurt Us Complication

He's set up and ready for you to take out, Black Cat! Just like he was for me, but meh, Eternals have off days, too.

• Locked thread