Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Amaka Kwembe, Maintenance Chief

You hear Amaka backchatting with the launch tower as each of you are transferred to the launch catapult, which slowly angles upward until it breaches the surface of the ocean that covers most of your cliff-side base. The launch doors open. All is prepared.

"Seriously what the hell is Santiago ridin- what? ... Fine. Not my problem! It's showing up green on the screen!"

A light comes on above each of you. "All prepped for launch. Launching order... set. Computer guidance on. We clear, tower?"

An unintelligible voice responds. "All systems go. Good luck, pilots!"

You can see her raise her fist to an unnecessary height to hit the button. Dramatically.

"SAFETY DEVICES- RELEASE. PROTOCOL 510 IN PLACE! READY-LAUNCH!"

Her fist slams into the button, and with a monstrous crackle of electricity and speed you're in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Levi Atkinson - FP: 5

"Yeehaw!"

Levi takes a moment to enjoy the rush of flying recklessly in the air until he realizes that, uh, yeah. Yeah, he should probably turn them on. He pushes a switch that engages the low-flight boosters on his mecha's hips and feet.

The Gunslinger slows down it descent until it just barely skims over the ocean surface, still making good speed.

"This bronco's in flight." He announces on the intercom. "Always wanted t'say that. Still any chance we can contact them Crusaders?"

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Harriman Castle : FP 5/5

Harriman hardly shifts in his seat as the catapult engages. At least the hardsuit works, He thinks. Now, it's time to ensure that I don't sink like a stone. He begins fine-tuning the polarity field projection through his tactile display, and after ensuring that he won't impair his squadmates, he activates the system.

The Gravitic Control Projectors light up as their dynamos spring to action. A subtle rippling is the only noticeable effect, but suddenly the Asto Vidatu's trajectory flattens out - cruising along on a cushion of anti-gravity.

Harriman opens communications with the team.

"This is Castle. Let me know if any of you are experiencing any residual negative effects from the Asto Vidatu. This thing is still untested. When we're closer, we should try hailing the HJS troops."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa continually fine tunes the controls as the Manticore takes flight, the core projecting a local disruption in space time ahead and above it, and entangling itself with it so the whole robot is pulled along in its wake. "Do you really believe we can talk them out of this? Please. As soon as we're close enough I'll suppress their communications, and we can crush them before they figure out what they're up against."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Cecil Skye FP 5/5

Gods and devils and angels and superscience may be slightly out of his league, but this exercise Cecil knows like the back of his hand. The pull up to the takeoff line, that sweet moment of anticipation, and then the rush as the g-forces push him back into his seat, the sled throws and the engines push, and the bird touches off, the landing gear giving one last kiss on the ground before parting...it's bliss really. Can't get that in a mecha. He closes the engines up to cruise speed and lines up in patrol formation with the rest of the flight, the thin, almost fragile-looking aerospace fighter drawing a hard contrast with the rest of the mechs.

"Valkyrie, check comms." he announces, twisting a dial on the controls, before addressing Teresa directly. "That sounds like instant international incident, which, even though the AUG was at war with the HJS last I checked, isn't exactly what we want. Least we can do is confirm intentions before we shoot them down and haul them up.

And how many of you fly at the behest of some grand higher power, anyhow? Alex, you just pull out that sword thing and your mech takes off or what?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Cecil's got a point." Levi's frown doesn't transmit over the radio waves. "If this were a set up, you ain't the least bit curious on who's orderin' them around?"

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Lenore Santiago, FP 5

Lenore, despite having had the experiences of millennia of combat, still let out a whoop when the catapult launched her and Seruel into the air. And the flight - that was effortless. Even with about 30 tons of scrap metal carried with him, Seruel was motion, swift and sure. Inertia seemed to look the other way as he quickly reached cruising speed. As Lenore exulted in the sensation, she wondered if Seruel even had a top speed.

After her exultation in the sensation of flight, she grew somewhat more serious. "If you suppress long-range comms, Kurita-Steiner, there's no real harm in contacting them on shortwave. They're flying silent and deep, so there should be no one in the HJS expecting continuous broadcasts, and if they try to run, several of us outpace them." she said matter-of-factly, then continued, "And if they fight, we shoot them down. Hopefully, at least one of them will eject so we can take him for questioning."

She was going to respond to Skye, but she noticed a private communication coming in.

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 7, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Alexander - FP: 5

Posting some conversations. Alexander's comments are in normal text, Cecil's are preced by a score (-), and Lenore's are in italics.

"This is it!" Alexander cried out, even though his communication channels were closed. "Spread your wings, Arondight!"

With a mighty flap, the Archangel unit established its own momentum. A moment later, its boosters kicked in, and full speed was achieved. Satisfied with his unit's performance, Alexander opened communications once again.

"Captain Abidam here. Excellent launch, team. It won't be long until we are in position to intercept our targets, so if anyone has any questions about our battle plan, now is the time to speak up." Moments later, he heard Cecil speak up.

Cecil posted:

"And how many of you fly at the behest of some grand higher power, anyhow? Alex, you just pull out that sword thing and your mech takes off or what?"

"No. It is my prayer to the Lord that brings His machine to life."

-"So when it clocks out on you, is that His work too?"

"If by 'clocking out' you mean punishing my lack of faith then yes, you are absolutely correct, Valkyrie."

The brief burst of chatter over, Alexander opted to follow his own advice. Opening a private line between the Arondight and the Channeler, Alexander looked at Lenore's face through a monitor, his expression somewhere between anxiety, hope and worry. "Miss Santiago." He said. "I trust you are prepared for the mission ahead of us, correct?"

Lenore opens the channel, and sees Alexander's look of worry. She giggles a bit and says, "Not at all, but I'm good at improvising.

Alexander sighed. "I...that's good, I suppose. Honesty is appreciated."

After a moment, he spoke again, more tentatively. "This assignment must be very important to you. Defending the holy city of Jerusalem as your first tour...it must hit close to home." He groaned inwardly at his awful joke. He never was too good with them.

With equal seriousness, she replied, "Every place is sacred to the Lord. Every place is holy in his eyes. If we defend who we love, does it matter whether we're fighting in front of the Temple or in front of the bordellos of Las Vegas?"

"It's just what she would say." He thought. For a moment, Alexander felt like his heart would burst. For the first time in months, a broad, sincere smile dawned on his face. "Well spoken. It's been a long time since I last saw you, milady. I must admit I never thought you would be the type to take up arms in defense of the needy, but I should have known better. Where has your mission led you, since we last spoke?"

She grows puzzled. "I don't think I've ever met you before."

Alexander's expression froze, replaced after a moment by a guarded mask. "Do you not remember, milady?" He asked, carefully, as though afraid his words could trigger some kind of trap. "We met not too far away from our current location, in the very city we've been sworn to protect. Has time erased your memories of that fateful night?"

She frowns, then she hears something inaudible and her expression grows thunderstruck. "That was... Millame, the last Blessed Warrior. Shortly after she met you, she was killed in a skirmish with the MHC. Her spirit, with the rest of the Blessed Warriors, was passed down to me. That must be what you're seeing."

For a moment, communications cut off, and outside, the Arondight waverd and briefly lost altitude. When the channels reopened, Alexander looked visibly shaken. "Dead? No, she...couldn't be. This must be another misunderstanding."

She quickly grasped the implications of Alexander's loss of heart combined with the Arondight's loss of power. She tells him firmly, "I know she is dead, for her spirit stands beside me. But the Court of Miracles is not dead. We must fight now, give it our all now, and afterwards we'll talk."

For a moment, Alexander felt an urge to reply, to ask more questions and find more answers. Who were these Blessed Warriors? How was Lenore connected to Millame? But eventually, he managed to calm himself down. "Well said. Our mission comes before anything else. This can wait. Prepare yourself for engagement, Miss Santiago. Captain Abidam, out."

"Private Santiago, out."

Transient People fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 7, 2013

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Tsugumi - FP:5

Tsugumi looks over at Alexander's unit. What kind of absurd outlook is that? Isn't he just shifting the blame if he fails?

"So you are saying that it is your the fault of your god if you fail?"

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

That was a strange conversation she just had. But all the same, she felt a kind of responsibility to defend him against Tsugumi, for all that they were all on the same side. Perhaps it was pre-battle nerves.

"The Apostle Peter was able to follow Jesus onto the waters of Lake Galilee, until he panicked and lost faith." She did not even need to quote the Bible for that; she had been a Roman centurion, watching the miracle happen from the shore. "Since God is in all things, is it not surprising that one's faith in God can affect those things?"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Tsugumi - FP: 5

"So you are saying that he lost faith, and thus fell into the water? And not that he, perhaps, panicked, and thus fell into the water? I am not interested in what divine entities have to say on the subject. We succeed and fail for ourselves."

She can't accept the idea of gods dictating everything. She refuses to accept it. She refuses to accept that, if there were, they would have let Japan fall. Why would they? How could they?

Japan needs humans. It needs human power, human success. Right now, Heaven just means China.

So she can't afford to fail.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Cecil Skye FP 5/5

"The ones who ascribe the tides of battle to gods, fate, and faith," Cecils observes, "are the ones who lose again and again. Because all that talk about gods and fate only cover up deeper deficiencies. Doctrinal, human deficiencies." He suddenly shakes his head. "Uh, where did that come from? Seriously, though, can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm siding with Japan's Joan D'Tokyo over there."

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 7, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

"If you believe that, you are invited to try and give the Arondight a test drive once this mission is over, Sakura." Alexander muttered after a moment, more gruffly than he had intended. He was not receptive to having his beliefs questioned at the moment. "Its Demiurge Engine draws from something deep inside its pilot. Not cocksureness, not confidence, not even belief in oneself, but something deeper, truer. Faith, in other words. Someone without faith would not be able to make it budge an inch. Faith is what drives us to do the impossible and overcome hardship, as with everything else. Lt. Skye might not believe it, but it is hard to blame him. After all, his people are proud and mighty now, and have forgotten what defeat's bitter taste is like. He shall come around when the tide turns. Disaster makes fervent converts out of the unbelievers."

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

"I see. So you believe machine runs on shifting the responsibility of power to someone else. I am not interested in such a machine. When was the last time you failed, Captain? Perhaps you are an abnormality, but defeat does not normally convert. Defeat is not capable of giving things. Not faith. Not hope. Not freedom. It just destroys."

Why is she even talking about this? There's no point. It has nothing to with her mission. This one or her real one.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cecil Skye FP 5/5

"Hah, you're closer to that stupid noble knight calling out the rubber suit monster to single combat than you think, Alex. And for what it's worth, I like my birds to take off even when I'm having a bad day, thank you very much."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa rolls her eyes at the conversation. "Maybe you and the magical girl have some sense after all, military man. Even if this god of theirs existed, I wouldn't want its help." She reaches out, stretching her fingers as she contemplates the displays. "We can talk theology later. First we need to deal with these idiots in front of us. If you really want to have a conversation, I'll lock down their radio and other over-the-horizon comms and sensors, and leave the line-of-sight alone. If they're really HJS, Sir Lancelot and the junk lady can ask them how angels it takes to divert a guided missile or something equally riveting."

Teresa puts her words in action, scanning the long range comms for activity and bringing the Manticore's enormously powerful EW systems on line.

Clever aspect - Long Range Jamming: 4dF+3 5

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

"I'd give the Arondight a try, Alexander, but I wouldn't want Seruel to feel like I'm cheating on him." Lenore laughed.

Seruel's voice chimed in afterwards, *And I'd be afraid of making it explode.*

"However, you all seem to be getting what faith is wrong. Faith isn't bowing and scraping to what you feel is in the sky. Faith is basically the foundation your heart is built upon. While you may not have faith in any gods, Tsugumi, you definitely have faith in Japan, faith enough that you're going out and risking your life to save it. It's that faith, in the hearts of all the people of the world, that causes the world to move forward."

She was getting rather philosophical, and she hadn't even seen combat alongside any of these people. It was kind of a relief when Seruel chirped, *One minute to enemy positions.*

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Are they all really takin' theology lessons from each other right now? Levi reckons that's what Neo-Jerusalem does to a fella, but still.

"drat." He says, focusing his tracking systems. "Just call me up when we're in short-wave range."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Harriman grits his teeth inside his hardsuit. The team was already bickering, and the mission hadn't even started yet. How were they supposed to do their job if they couldn't even keep from sniping at each other?

"I don't understand how Faith can power a mechanized suit any more than the rest of you, but it's flying, and that's all that matters right now. Don't get me wrong, though, I'll place my bets on what I can see, feel, and touch over some unknowable force any day. That is, Faith in my skill, my knowledge, and in my craft, if you need to put it in different terms. Now can we cut the chatter before we give ourselves completely away?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cecil Skye FP 5/5

Cecil takes his hand off the throttle for just a second to bop himself on the forehead, through his helmet, before shaking his head again and getting back in the action. Levi and Harriman were right, he'd been chattering way too much.

"Valkyrie. Sorry about that. Shifting to top cover position. Give a shout if they turn out hostile."

Cleverly placing maneuver "Altitude Advantage" on myself. I'd call that a battlefield shaping advantage, so I'm calling it Clever +3 +2 for Dicta Skye.
[21:52:56] <Davin_Valkri> Should I roll fudge +5, then?
[21:53:27] <TransientPeople> I say give it a shot
[21:53:28] <Davin_Valkri> !r duge+5
[21:53:32] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+5
[21:53:33] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, -+--+5 = 3
[21:53:37] <Davin_Valkri> ...sigh

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 7, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Though the others could not see it, Alexander's expression became sullen. "Think what you like. I know enough about lost hopes to know what can destroy them, child. No simple defeat can shatter the hopes of an honest man." He murmured to himself, before reopening communications. "It won't be long before we're forced into battle. Atkinson, Castle, prepare to unleash suppressing fire. Skye, use your superior speed and maneuverability to stay out of sight and get ready to flank them. Santiago, Sakura, if they turn hostile, stay back and pick them off. I will advance and get their attention along with Kurita-Steiner. If we work together, no matter how our meeting turns out this will be over in seconds. Jerusalem Squad...prepare to engage."

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tsugumi has already resolved to stop talking about unimportant matters, but she takes note that Lenore's opinions on "faith" completely contradict Alexander's. If that were true, then belief in oneself WOULD be able to power the machine anyway. She doesn't know nor care which is true. But she takes it as proof that faith itself divides.

"Hanami Deployed."

Each of the units has sensory systems, aiding for recon purposes. If they went far enough away, Teresa's anti-communication would probably disrupt them, but they aren't capable of going far anyway. Nor can they function in water.

... And, naturally, they were right above water. well, hopefully, neither can the enemy. For now, they would be used to see from all directions.

"And none shall escape the view of the flowers."

Unless they decided to dive, anyway. That would be aggravating.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

Lenore decided to spend this last minute actually figuring out what she and Seruel could do. She took her finger off communications and asked, "Aside from flight and this blaster, do you have any idea of your capabilities?"

*Mostly.* was the reply from Seruel. *I've got half a dozen missiles on my arms, I'm surprised they kept those on. I can carry you, me, and this armor through the Celestial Realm near-instantly for good distances.*

"That'll come in handy. Go on."

*I've got fairly standard sensors. Radar, amplified vision, amplified sound- oh, wait. We should see if I can amplify that... destiny sense you have.*

"That would be a good idea." She looked around the battlefield with the Channeler's sensors, trying to see if there was anything here beyond just an HJS group/false flag operation.

Rolling to Quickly scan the battlefield.
<Zemyla> !r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> Zemyla, -/+-+3 = 2
I can spend an FP on "Sees Beyond the Moment" if need be.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Enemy Flight, Over the Mediterranean

Lenore's scan quickly reveals the situation.

Unfortunately, her destiny sense also reveals something else: Somehow, they've spotted Cecil.

She has just enough time to bark a warning before a series of shots, aimed hard up, fire at the unfortunate pilot. Luckily he's high enough up compared to the enemy that they go wide, but it is now clear that these people are not interested in talking this out.

Lenore also gets a scan of their leader.

It looks vaguely like an HJS suit, but not one anyone has ever seen before, and something about it is... off.

Either way, the battle is joined.

COMBAAAAT! Roll your Quick approach for initiative, please. Water zones have aspect: "B Rank" which makes everyone in them suck (-2 on all rolls)

K Prime fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 7, 2013

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

<Supremezero> !r fudge+2
<Krysmbot> Supremezero, -/--+2 = -1

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Watch it, pardner!" Levi calls out. Gunslinger's sensors tell him that none of the shots hit Cecil's craft though, incidental fire at worst. These gits really just want to shoot things, don't they?

"Are we in range yet?" He says as he prepares the plasma. "Try to radio them!" It sounds less than a good idea at this point, but he's nothing if not stubborn.

(7:59:25 PM) TurninTrix: !r fudge+1
(7:59:27 PM) Krysmbot: TurninTrix, /-/-+1 = -1

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Harriman's HUD flashes to life with 16 blips, followed by a hail of gunfire. So much for diplomacy.

The Asto Vidatu hums as Harriman redirects the flow of power to various small resonance points along its superstructure. He brings up his tactical display, and plugs in his allies' coordinates, projected weight, polarity, and specific density. An invisible ripple emanates from the Asto Vidatu, encapsulating it, along with most of the Holy Order squad. For the time being, gravity has less of a hold on them.

"Hold on, everyone. I'll see if I can't get us a jump-start. Use it wisely, because I can't keep this going for long."

Harriman engages forward thrusters, and pushes towards the enemy squadron.

OOC: Using my Adaptive Polarity Field stunt to give a +1 to Quick Rolls to 5 allies until the start of my next turn.09:55] <Krysmbot> GreenIntern, /++/ + 1 = 3 (this should be +3, and 5 total). I misunderstood the effect of the Water zone.)

I'm giving the +1 Quick to everyone except Cecil and Santiago, since you're pretty Quick already.
My Initiative roll: [10:19] <Krysmbot> GreenIntern, -//++1 = 1

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa hangs back, waiting to see how the initial engagement unfolds.

Quick for init: 4dF+1 -1

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

Lenore had barely enough time to shout over the comms, "Skye, look out!" before the enemy opened fire. But it was enough, and the barrage missed her teammate.

"Thank you, Seruel." she breathed, before turning her attention to the battle. They all needed to close in, and while she could perceive a path through the Celestial Realm to right in front of the enemy, it'd place her in front of the massed guns of the enemy. Better to hold that in reserve.

She sent the scans of the leader to her teammates and to command. "See if you've seen anything like this in the files."

Rolling Quick for Initiative.
<Krysmbot> Zemyla, /-++ +3 = 4

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 7, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

As the enemy squad's shots rang out, Alexander's eyes narrowed. "Jerusalem Squad, execute battle plans." He said, before opening the public communication channels. "HJS squad, what is the meaning behind this foolishness? You cannot pretend to enter MHC aerospace unimpeded." Just then, the Arondight received Lenore's scans. Looking at it, Alexander tried to remember if he'd ever seen anything like it.

Rolling Quick, got a result of 2. If Harriman's bonus applies, make that 3 instead. Also rolling Clever to try and recall any information about the shieldbearer, got a 1.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 7, 2013

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cecil Skye FP 5/5

"Maneuver complete, prepared to...INCOMING!"

The fire is sporadic, out of effective range, and poorly aimed, but the first time under fire is the first time. Cecil rolls out of the line of fire and shifts up the throttle. "Cleared hot, weapons armed! And when the hell were we 'Jerusalem' flight?!" His hands aren't even shaking--not too bad at all. Now it's time for the first time firing in anger...

Quick roll in channel is fudge+2 = +-+-+2 = 2.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Enemy Flight, over the Mediterranean

The enemy scrambles to react when they realize Cecil is not alone- unfortunately, their scrambling is poor, almost as if they are unfamiliar with their machines. Only the leader reacts with any sort of aplomb, raising its shield and knuckling down. No response comes over the radio, only readied weapons and savage hearts.

Lenore 4
Alexander 3

Cecil 2
Harriman 2

Leader 1
Teresa 0
Levi 0
Tsugumi 0
Mooks -3

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

Lenore took a position beside Alexander for the moment as their line and the enemy's got closer. They hadn't been given any kind of wing assignment, but this would do for now.

As they approached, she switched to a private channel and told him, "Let us go forth, for we may die, but the Court of Miracles never will." Hopefully, that would boost his faith and firepower.

Forcefully creating the advantage "Shared Faith" on Alexander.
<Krysmbot> Zemyla, ++/- +2 = 3

Also, I made quick icons for use on the map.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"I wouldn't worry about that. The only ones who'll perish today..." Alexander said, raising his blade to point at the enemy forces. "Are those liars and cheats. ARONDIGHT! GO!"

With a sudden burst of energy, the Arondight took off, its feet nearly touching the water below, cutting through it like a knife, causing a tide to rise in its wake. Alexander didn't notice, however: All of his attention was on the shield bearer leading the units of his brethren.

"Corruptor! You've stolen the banners of a noble cause, and have come to this land seeking to drench them with the blood of innocents! This will not stand!" He bellowed, raising the Arondight's sword to a ready stance. As it closed the distance, sparks began to dance along the length of the blade, which became charged with energy. "Fiend! It is I who will be your opponent! FACE ME!"

Rolling Forceful to cross the distance, and generate a tide and the Boost Sturm Und Drang in the process because...

<Krysmbot> TransientPeople, +++/+3 = 6
<AlanWhats> huh
<KPrime> dang.
<TransientPeople> Can I place a 'Sturm Und Drang' Boost for beating the target to get to the enemy zone by that much KPrime?
<KPrime> yes
<KPrime> because
<KPrime> jesus goddamn

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cecil Skye FP 5/5
Stress O O O

"Valkyrie, closing to intercept bandits," calls Cecil, old training slotting in to replace his earlier apprehension. "Tallyho."

Here they are, there are the bandits. Blue and red. It's so simple once the fighting actually begins. Pushing the throttle forwards even further, he can see his HUD marking the targets, coordinating with Teresa's information to count...sixteen?! That's a full squadron! Nothing for it now, just need to--and suddenly he's close enough to see them right outside his canopy, no bright green dots on his helmet needed!

"Valkyrie, I'm in it now!" he calls out, jerking back on the stick and preparing to attack.

Rolled +quick to move a lot of zones,
[17:58:26] <~KPrime> Davin_Valkri: by which i mean roll +quick and move that many
[17:58:32] <Davin_Valkri> Oh, okay
[17:58:34] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[17:58:35] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, +/+++2 = 5
[17:58:38] <~KPrime> welp
[17:58:39] <Davin_Valkri> ...welp!
And moving to the zone currently occupied by our enemies. That's four zones. Next hit is going to suck for someone :cheeky:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

And with that, Lenore's wingman blazed forward into the enemy formation. She could have poured on the speed to stay on him, but fortunately she didn't need to. An unspoken understanding passed between her and Seruel, and there was an instant of brilliance outside the cockpit as the angel brought her through the Celestial Realm only a moment behind Alexander and Cecil.

Moving three zones forward as a free action with my Celestial Blaster stunt.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

With a certain satisfaction, Harriman watches the other members of the team surge forward to engage the enemy. The Adaptive Polarity Field technology seemed to be working as intended, albeit with a degree of variation between targets. No matter; they'd grow accustomed to its use in time. The system powers down as its firing cycle completes. Harriman considers the options available to him: With Cecil and Alexander engaged at close range, it was too risky to enable wide-range gravity manipulation, but....

"This is Castle. APF disengaged. Alexander, Cecil, stay sharp, I'm going to try and provide some cover for you."

A 3d projection of the battlefield pops in front of Harriman's hands. The 16 enemy units, the terrain, and his allies are represented in miniature. A few flicks on his tactile controls produce the desired simulation: a screening wall of water, drawing from Alexander's wake.

The ferrogravitic dynamos crackle with electricity and the air grows heavy around the Asto Vidatu. Several ripples in space appear above the battlefield, between the enemy squad and Jerusalem team. Even as Alexander's wake rushes forward, it and other parts of the sea begin to surge towards the sky in great swirling, foaming columns; a forest of waves to hunt and baffle the enemy in.

"Sending new topographical information to you all now. I'll be along in a moment."

The Asto Vidatu smoothly hovers forward towards the enemy.

Rolling Clever to apply the Advantage/Aspect "Forest of Waves" to the Zone with enemies/Cecil and Alexander in it.
[09:06] <Krysmbot> GreenIntern, +/// + 3 = 4

The Bonus to Quick no longer applies.

Also moving forward one zone.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Enemy Flight, over the Mediterranean

As the mooks recover their formations, the leader engages with Alexander with a mechanical roar. Raising its empty hand, it forms a ball of glowing energy in its outstretched palm and lets loose against the speeding swordsman!

Krysmbot K`, ++-/ +3 = 4

Lenore 4
Alexander 3 DEFENSE ROLL
Cecil 2
Harriman 2
Leader 1
Teresa 0
Levi 0
Tsugumi 0

Mooks -3

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Guess negotiations aren't happening anymore. Levi sighs, adjusts his hat and prepares to engage the enemy. If they varmints won't talk to them over the air, they can talk hog-tied with a horse dragging them straight to jail.

The front liners fly up ahead to harass the enemy. Gunslinger pops out the sensor array in front of his chest and prepares to do what he does best.

"Heads up, Channeler." Levi buzzes a message to Lenore. "I'm setting up my guns to light up the enemy's approach in say, 30 seconds. Don't stick in that spot too long, these shells come down hard." He taps into his keyboard and paints the target area. The Gunslinger's cannons adjust for trajectory and the computers predict the enemy movements for maximum effect.

Even if Levi would rather use these on some aliens, he can't help but wonder how well they're gonna work on their first real shootout.

Carefully creating "Area Zeroed-In" on the second zone from the left + stunt: ++-+ +5 = 7 Guess that's a success with style. Also moving forward one zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

As the energy blast rushed towards him, Alexander did not hesitate. With a diagonal cut, he sliced the ball in half, causing the two new, smaller blasts to splash into the ocean harmlessly. Inside the Arondight, the Captain grinned.

"Then you accept this challenge? Good. Prepare yourself, here I come!"

Rolling Forceful to block, got this result: /+-++3 = 4. Leader gets a boost out of this.

• Locked thread