Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Teresa Mai Kurita-Steiner

Teresa, who is leaned back in a very comfortable chair with her legs crossed, flicks a glance over at Levi, and at the sandwich the Texan has provided. Her fingers play across a glowing AR interface floating in front of her too rapidly to follow - though anyone leaning over her should would recognize that it belongs not to an operations system but a high end online clothing store. She leans over, and picks at the club sandwich disinterestedly. "Yes, I saw the bar - and I see what you chose out of that impressive selection." She leaves the sandwich be.

"Actually, I must admit all of the appointments at this installation are quite satisfactory. Whoever built it had taste. I had been expecting yet more drab, functional, boring military equipment, not this. Not that they skimped on functionality either." She looks around the well appointed briefing room, which could easily double as a formal dining room for a chateau. A real oak table that even one of their mecha might have trouble shifting, extremely comfortable self-adjusting smart furniture - all quite expensive but a cost dwarfed by state-of-the-art, bleeding edge computer and simulation systems built into everything, though tastefully hidden . Teresa suspected you could run a space program from here, or even a stock exchange, in the sort of refined comfort that would make a luxury resort green with envy. The expert systems weren't up to the Daemon's level, of course, but were as good as purely human technology could currently achieve.

"And the view certainly is impressive," she adds as the windows, which had darkened automatically when the briefing screen came on, returned to transparency and the artificial lighting dimmed in a nearly seamless transition. From this height, they could see quite a distance - she could just make out the taller buildings in Neo Jerusalem, in fact. "I wonder if there's a spa?" she muses idly, carefully picking up part of the sandwich, making sure not to get anything on her clothes.

"If we're doing the introductions, then... I am Teresa Mai Kurita-Steiner. I suppose we'll be working together from now on."

Character Sheet posted:

Teresa Mai Kurita-Steiner
CV: Ryōka Yuzuki

High Concept: Stylish Strategist
Trouble: Magnificent Bitch
Aspect: As You Wish, Princess; Get it By Your Hands

Approaches
Clever +3
Flashy +3
Forceful +2
Careful +1
Sneaky +1
Quick +0

Stunts
It Worked, Didn't It, What Are You So Mad About?: Once per scene, give an ally a free invoke of an aspect created by an opponent or consequence that has been placed on them during that scene.
Just As Planned: Spend a FATE point to declare that an NPC action or a PC compel was something you had planned for and immediately place a scene aspect with one free invoke.

ON1-F66 Manticore
Theme: Teresa - Manticore/Normal Shift - Manticore/Berserker Shift

Aspect: Chains of Command; Deal With the Devil; Displacer Beast
Power Source: Type 99 Maxwell Entropy Inversion Core

Powers
C3 Expert System: The Manticore carries an advanced command and control network computer. When you Cleverly create an aspect on the scene, zone, or specific target that has an existing aspect created by an ally, you gain +2 to the roll and may add a free invoke to an existing aspect if you succeed.
SCAR: Systematic Counter Aggression Response. The Manticore's sensors and expert systems rapidly identify weak points and openings when the enemy attacks and relays this information to allied units. Once per scene, when you roll defense, an ally in the same zone may make an immediate counter attack that deals +1 shift of damage on a hit or tie.
Signature Attack: Inverse Limiter Shift - Berserk: When plans go awry, Teresa releases all of the limiters on the Daemon, unleashing the monster that hides within. You gain +4 to the Forceful Approach on this attack and deal +2 stress on a successful hit. You may also remove an Aspect placed on you by an enemy or reduce the severity of a consequence you have suffered by one step (Mild is removed, Moderate to Mild, Severe to Moderate). This cannot affect Extreme Consequences.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"You haven't seen much support staff because there aren't many. This base is heavily automated, which would be obvious if you brought up an interface." Teresa pushes the one she's been using aside with a flick of the wrist and brings up another, more official looking one. "You only need a handful of human operators to step in when the intelligent systems run into something they can't interpret. And as for the size of our unit, that's obvious, isn't it?"

Selecting something on the interface, Teresa throws it to the middle of the table, where it expands for everyone to see - technical specifications and images of their seven mecha. "The nations of Earth already have massive production capability and vast armies. If that's all that's needed to deal with this enemy, then there'd be no point to the Ideal Guardian project. The only reason we're here at all is that the threat is utterly unlike what anyone has seen before. A threat that required the separate efforts of nearly two dozen massive research and development projects, each taking their own unique path to create the ultimate weapon."

Teresa glares at Alexander while she speaks, clearly thinking he is staring at her, and intent on making it clear she is to be taken seriously. "The militaries of Earth already had quantity. They lacked quality. And quality matters more in this fight."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"Kurita-Steiner." Teresa leans back. "I'm the strategist and information officer, to use the terms your types would be familiar with. I have the training and the intelligence to integrate with the Manticore's command and control systems, and you'll find this means I can analyze the enemies actions, develop counters, and exploit their weaknesses much faster than someone relying on mere doctrine. Leave the tactics to me." She gives Cecil a nasty smile. "That goes especially for you. Concentrate on shooting what I tell you to, and you should be just fine."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"Of course it's a false flag operation," Teresa replies. "It's more likely to be another human faction. Probably the EH, since they are antagonistic to both and have designs on HJS territory. The MHC is less likely to object to any conquests if they're fighting the HJS too."

She puts her sandwich down and looks at the data. "It could be someone else, of course. Probably not HJS fanatics, they're busying getting killed gloriously against the AUG. They could be behind it, but its not the AUG style, besides which they're winning and the risk is likely not worth the reward. Or," she smirks. "It could be the aliens. Why don't we go find out?"

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 6, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"The Manticore can handle that. Let's go." Teresa is as good as her word, getting up and heading for the lift to the robot hangars.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa takes a moment to change into her own piloting suit, essentially a black with red trim form-fitting g-suit with a significant number of interface ports, plus an AR visor display and integration headset. As the lift brings her to the Manticore's cockpit, Teresa fiddles with the interface. As the headset comes on line, she can feel her own thoughts expand into the Daemon's cold neuro-circuitry. A sharp smile on her face, she steps into the cockpit and activates the entropy inversion core.

Red light bathes for a moment, then the walls of the cockpit disappear as the integration completes, letting her see through the Manticore's sensors. AR interfaces pop up all around her, filling with information.

"Manticore - operational shift. Tactical network is live." She rapidly flicks through a number of settings. "Make sure you pay attention to it." She moves mecha out smoothely, arms crossed over its chest. "Pray to whatever gods you like - the Daemon will answer them all the same."

She flicks a preliminary tactical guide out, suggesting a three pronged attack to be modified to fit the circumstances as necessary. Valkyrie and Tsugumi in the lead scout/strike unit, hitting the far side of the enemy force at speed. Lenore and Levi, making a saturation bombardment from range on the center. Alexander, Castle, and Teresa in the assault unit, punching into the near flank. It updates constantly as new data is analyzed.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 7, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa continually fine tunes the controls as the Manticore takes flight, the core projecting a local disruption in space time ahead and above it, and entangling itself with it so the whole robot is pulled along in its wake. "Do you really believe we can talk them out of this? Please. As soon as we're close enough I'll suppress their communications, and we can crush them before they figure out what they're up against."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa rolls her eyes at the conversation. "Maybe you and the magical girl have some sense after all, military man. Even if this god of theirs existed, I wouldn't want its help." She reaches out, stretching her fingers as she contemplates the displays. "We can talk theology later. First we need to deal with these idiots in front of us. If you really want to have a conversation, I'll lock down their radio and other over-the-horizon comms and sensors, and leave the line-of-sight alone. If they're really HJS, Sir Lancelot and the junk lady can ask them how angels it takes to divert a guided missile or something equally riveting."

Teresa puts her words in action, scanning the long range comms for activity and bringing the Manticore's enormously powerful EW systems on line.

Clever aspect - Long Range Jamming: 4dF+3 5

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa hangs back, waiting to see how the initial engagement unfolds.

Quick for init: 4dF+1 -1

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XOOOO

Teresa focuses her sensors on the lead mech, boosting above its line of fire. As it launches its attack, Teresa analyzes its motions, looking for the split second it's vulnerable to counter attack while the energy blast blocks its view of its target.

Attempting to place the aspect Watch for the Opening on the leader.

Clever approach, aspects on Leader: 4dF+3 2 4 - Invoking Stylish Strategist for +2

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XOOOO

Teresa tilts her head, then sends a message to Alexander. "Hey! Aren't you paying attention? In six seconds, if you charge straight in you'll have a wide open shot at their leader! Don't worry about the suppressing fire, they think you're pinned down so they can't adjust fast enough to hit you. If you go right now."

Using my It Worked, Didn't It, What Are You So Mad About? stunt to allow Alexander to tag Pinned Down.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XOOOO

Teresa checks a timer she started when Alexander launched his bold strike. "Seventeen seconds," she calls out in a sing-song voice.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXOOO

Teresa ignores the insignificant pawns, and engages the Manticore's drive fully, pushing it up to the red limits to close the distance to where the main battle is taking place. "Seven seconds." Teresa smirks as she grips the controls tightly, entering a code in preparation for her next action.

[22:14] <Gorbash> !r Fudge
[22:14] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/// = 1
Invoking Get it By Your Hands to make it a 3. Quick action, moving to Zone 1.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXXOO

As the thing leaps forward, Teresa engages the pre-programmed evasive maneuvers she had been inputting. The sudden change in direction slams her forward, and the Manticore's arms slam forward, catching the blade on the return, keeping it out of the line of fire. Another set of instructions slam targeting data through to the GEIRDRIFUL, appended to the message A present for you, military man. Or do you only listen to girls in uniform?

"You're two seconds late." Teresa looks up, a wild grin on her face. "I won't forgive you." She twists her controls full over. Warning messages flash across every display. "Override Code Götterdämmerung - limiters to Inverse Mode! All inhibitors release!" The cockpit begins to glow with an unearthly light, and Teresa clenches her teeth, her smile becoming something more feral. The Manticore's eyes glow red as locks holding its armor closed release suddenly, allowing it to uncoil to its fully height. It's claws extend as horns spring forth from its head, and with a terrible crack its jaw gapes wide, revealing the rows of jagged teeth within. It looks up to meet the enemy's eye.

Within, Teresa lifts her gaze as well, her eyes glowing red. "We choose... die."

Moving with savage quickness, the Manticore rushes in, claws tearing into the foe as the jaws seek it's neck, all the while forcing it back and up to give Skye a clear shot at it.

Using my SCAR power to give Skye a free counter attack that deals +1 shift of damage if it hits.

Defense roll (Clever approach).
[18:10] <Gorbash> !r fudge+3
[18:10] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+//+3 = 4

Attack roll (Forceful approach). Using my Just as Planned stunt to place that aspect and invoke it. Invoking The Shock of Lightning for free, spending a FATE point to invoke Deal With the Devil. Using my signature attack. +2 Damage on a hit.
[18:17] <Gorbash> !r fudge+10
[18:17] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/-/+10 = 10
+2 = 12

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 10, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXXXO Stress OOX (-2/-4/-6)

As the enemy takes hold of the Manticore, Teresa howls in frustration. "You're not allowed to do that!" She twists the Manticore's head violently to keep the things grip from becoming fully secure and then, catching Castle's transmission, calculates her options and realizes that, once again, the best course is what she's been told not to do. The Manticore's arms snap up next to the enemy's, straining against the field. In less than a second even it cannot overcome the force, and they are forced apart at great speed. One slams into the leader and violently wrenches its grip away. The combined energies fling the two apart - and sends the Manticore tumbling back into the reversal field, redirecting it off on an improbable vector before the enemy can regain its hold.

[10:37] <Gorby|Away> !r fudge+3
[10:37] <Krysmbot> Gorby|Away, /---+3 = 0

Clever defense, invoking Gravity Reversal Field and Repulsion Field, plus the boost from my previous success with style I forgot about - Feral Cunning - and spending a FATE point on Magnificent Bitch to get to 8, and taking 3 stress.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXXXO Stress OXX (Red Screen of Death/-4/-6)

The voice of thing is bad enough for Teresa, but worse for the Daemon. The signal interferes with its own alien code, causing immediate overruns. In moments it crashes, error messages sprouting everywhere around Teresa, quickly replaced by a fast scrolling core dump blooming in front of her, before it slams to a halt on a blood red screen.

DAEMON KILL SCREEN posted:

FATAL ERROR DETECTED
SELF CONTINUITY COMPROMISED
EXTANT PSUEDOIDENTITY SACRIFICED
CORE INTACT
RESTART Y/N

With a hiss of frustration, she slams the Y and struggles with the controls as the Daemon does a hard reboot. She hits the manual override, shunting the AI out of the control loop for the Manticore. In the meantime the mecha has begun spiraling out of control. Fortunately, she has a point of resistance to act against - the repulsion field. Teresa forces the arms around to push her into a more controllable vector, righting the mecha in a catlike twist and re-engaging the distortion halo to pull it to a stop before it hits the water.

[14:09] <Gorby|Away> !r fudge+3
[14:09] <Krysmbot> Gorby|Away, //+-+3 = 3

Clever defense, invoking Repulsion Field again, and taking the Mild consequence Red Screen of Death.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa laughs. "Not the war you were expecting, fly boy? You might want to check your air mix up there. Might be a little thin~" She hits a very high note on the last word. She giggles again, then adds in a more normal tone, "Manticore is intact. Tacnet offline while the Daemon resets and reconfigures. Moving to check on Sir Lancelost there. He might be a little worked up since someone stole his phallic symbol."

Teresa maintains manual control, splitting her concentration as she babysits the Daemon's reboot and moves over to check on Alexander's mecha.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Aw, poor Sir Lancelost." Teresa maneuvers behind the Arondight, pushing Tsugumi out of the way, and grabs it under the arms. "Let's get you back to base so you can get a proper sulk on. Maybe go fasting in the desert for a fortnight or something." She boosts her speed, bringing Alex's mecha along to keep up with the rest of the squad. "Once you get done with that, we can figure out how we're getting back your sword. It'll be a quest. Doe eyed maidens longing chastely for you, faithful self denial to purify yourself, maybe a side of self flagellation. Dark and terrible enemies to triumph over thanks to divine guidance. You'll love it."

"And once the magical girl there is done beating you up, maybe she'll make you some chocolate. N-not that it means she likes you!" Teresa laughs as they fly back.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 12, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXXOO Stress OXX (Red Screen of Death/-4/-6)

"Oh, country, I didn't know you cared." She switches to narrow beam comm. "Don't think I didn't notice or appreciate that, but do you think my acting all weepy and falling over myself to thank him is going to do anything? I'm trying to get a rise out of him. But then again, you had him beat eight to one with the longarms even before now, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised."

That should do for a compel of Magnificent Bitch, wouldn't you say?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXXOO Stress OXX (Red Screen of Death/-4/-6)

"You thought they hired professionals? I'm surprised, Brutus, even the personal evidence should have made you question that. If you decide to make that call, let me know. I haven't had a chance to talk to Daddy since I arrived."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXXOO Stress OOO (Red Screen of Death/-4/-6)

"Oh please," You can feel Teresa rolling her eyes from twenty meters away as she rides the lift down from her red mecha. "Your maternal instincts are sorely misplaced if you're calling the Manticore your baby." She pulls off the visor and command circlet and tosses her hair, trying to get it back in proper order.

"But maybe Sir Lancelost would appreciate some mothering. In any case, we'll need access to the design and manufacturing facilities as soon as feasible." She pauses, and considers her piloting suit. "Well, after I've had a chance to shower and change into something more fashionable, anyways."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXXOO Stress OOO (-2/-4/-6)

Teresa smiles. This one at least has some backbone. "You won't be the first to try and teach us some manners." She puts the command gear away in a case, then adds. "We found the enemy. The precise nature of which remains unclear, though it obviously possesses immense strength. Technology advanced enough to verge on magic, as the saying goes. Further analysis will be needed - but the Daemon is still putting itself back in order. Hopefully the records are intact."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 12, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa waves at Harriman, then departs. She has some business she'd like to attend to. She grabs a stylish jacket, a skirt, and a hat and throws them on over her piloting suit for the moment, then heads down to machine shop. She commandeers a workstation and draws something up, a base design that can be run off overnight. Once she has it to her liking, Teresa puts it into the queue and sets an alert to call her when the basic blade is ready.

While she's at it, she places a call. Leaning on her family name shamelessly, Teresa arranges to have a number of mothballed or broken down mechs that the IG Project has in storage shipped to ORDER Base. Pleased with herself, she heads for the bar, stopping to check on the Manticore on her way. She's surprised to find that the Daemon's reboot and rebuild has integrated some of the code picked up from the enemy they fought earlier, making the C3 system more efficient then ever. Teresa pulls the code and forwards it to the support staff, and the IG scientists, then continues on her way.

[20:06] <Gorbash> !r fudge+3
[20:06] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+-/+3 = 3

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 13, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa comes into the bar a little later, and eyes whoever is manning the bar. "Johnny Walker Blue Label, if you have it. Vat 69 if not. Neat. And a glass of ice water." She leans against the bar and looks around. "This is quite nice. They got something right at least."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Looking at the Texan style shakshuka skeptically, Teresa accepts her drink and sips it, closing her eyes for a moment to savor it. "None for me," she says without concern. "Seemed like you had that part in hand." She looks at the shakshuka again, shrugs, and dishes some out. She tries a bite, then raises her eyebrows. "This is quite good actually."

As a note, any stress and Mild consequences would have cleared by now.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa leans back and pours herself another two fingers of the excellent scotch. "Oh, this is just too cute. You're all just coming to this realization now? I thought it was obvious as soon as the alien revealed itself during the battle. The question isn't whether the HJS has been infiltrated, it's how deeply. And given their nature, I suspect it goes right to the core." She sips, then smiles. "Oh - and it's much more likely the HJS invited them in."

Teresa idly draws shapes with her finger on the bar. "A fanatic culture, disposed to expecting and relying upon the intervention of a higher power, who sees themselves pressed on all sides by rival factions, and counts themselves as a separate, higher order of being than their fellows? It was inevitable that some human faction would side with the invaders against the others. History is filled with examples of that sort of behavior. And that it would be the HJS is utterly unsurprising."

"The Land of Four Quarters is probably equally likely, I suppose." She finishes the scotch, then examines the glass thoughtfully. "This certainly explains why they sent a deaf man to debrief us."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 16, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa watches Harriman go, then turns to Levi. "You might want to learn a little bit more about the good Doctor Turncoat before you decide where to stand on the issue. If there's an organization he hasn't betrayed, it's only from a lack of opportunity. And as for what my game is - my game is getting the rest of you to wake up and pay attention to the war we're in instead of the one you'd like it to be, before you all get yourselves killed."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP XXOOO Stress OOO (-2/-4/-6)

Teresa's carefully cultivated veneer of smug insouciance evaporates, and she gets to her feet and into Alexander's face. "More susceptible than a knight who can't even keep hold of his sword?" she says with deadly sweetness. "If you're afraid of someone taking commands from voices, you've got the wrong girl. The only devil here is taking my orders."

She smiles crookedly when Lenore makes her gesture. "Rage, rage against the dying of the light. At least Santiago here can stare the truth in the face without flinching." Teresa reaches out and grips the other woman's arm before walking out. She pauses at the door, and calls back to Alexander over her shoulder. "If Sir Lancelost decides to stop blaming the world for not twisting itself around to make him the hero he thinks he is, drag him down to the engineering bay so we can fix his most immediate problem. The rest of them, I'll let you deal with." Then she's gone.

A compel of Magnificent Bitch.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

When Alexander catches up with her, she's standing at an observation window, frowning down at something and fiddling with an interface. She doesn't notice him come in at first, muttering to herself in a mix of German and Japanese, then addressing the support systems. "Increase the temperature by 15%. I want it to bond to the titanium honeycombing properly. And the pressure on the final stage should be 16% higher."

If Alexander goes to see what she's working on, he sees a massive bar of white hot ferroceramic being beaten by huge pneumatic hammers, compressing it around a reinforcing honeycomb of metal. After a moment, it becomes clear what it is - or is going to be.

A ten meter, double edge blade. A sword.

Teresa regards Alexander silently while he looks at the weapon. When he does turn to her, she gestures gracefully with one hand. "I give you, Durendal."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Kurita-Steiner. The purpose should be obvious. You stick the pointy end into the other mech. Or flail about with it, you seem to like that sort of thing." She looks down at her display, frowns, and makes another small adjustment. "Or you will when it's finished."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Call it Seure or Clarent if that makes you feel better. You can pray over it all you want, bless it, tie dead saints bones to it if you need to. Just let me finish forging it first." Teresa walks away, focused on the interface as she shepherds the sword along.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Once she's confident the automated systems can see the sword, whatever its name turns out to be, the rest of the way along, Teresa leaves Alexander to his praying and makes her way back to her rooms. She takes a long, hot shower, then stumbles into bed. She manages to stay awake just long enough to set the system to alert her if the shipment she requested came in.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa huddles over a latte, looking decidedly like she'd prefer to still be in bed. She picks at a plate of pancakes, frowning. "01 suspected something, clearly. What does he expect next? Of us, or of the enemy."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa leans back when Harriman speaks. When he finishes, she spreads her hands and smiles. "I believe my actions speak for themselves. I was the one who carried the good Captain back, while the rest were content to watch him struggle along or complain about his straits. I was the one who actually did something about his other little problem. I was the one who had the equipment shipped in for the Private. Maybe I was a bit sharp tongued, but perhaps it wouldn't have cut as deep if some people didn't have guilty consciences."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 17, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa manages to keep a mostly straight face after the exchange between Harriman and the Commander, though she looks less pleased at what he says after. She shrugs. "I'll meet Mr Ming when I have the chance. As for Jerusalem, I imagine it would be best not to reveal who we are. Playing tourist seems like a good cover - and I've been hoping to do some shopping anyways."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"It's an intelligence gathering mission, so I imagine our orders are to gather intelligence without causing an international incident, and then return it here so we can formulate an appropriate response." Teresa finishes her coffee. "I agree with country there. Jerusalem is a crossroads. There are any number of reasons a group of mixed ethnic backgrounds could be traveling together. We could pose as pilgrims or tourists from a multinational, or even incorporate it into our cover - a retreat to improve relations between religious organizations from our disparate nations."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"If I might make a suggestion that isn't steeped in a level of juvenile chauvinism that 16th century priest would find absurd - why don't we do ourselves a favor and ignore country's suggestion about fake couples? Contrary to what Sir Lancelost has heard from his priests, the rest of the world is aware that women have agency all their own, so there's no need to make up some reason for us to be there. As such, there's no need to complicate the story with that sort of stupidity. We're much more likely to draw attention to ourselves pretending something like that than just acting like what we are. A group of people who know each other on a professional - or perhaps vocational - level. We just lie about what the profession is."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 19, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"I doubt anyone will care. And our cover for why we're here is that we're tourists, and tourist groups split up for all sorts of reasons. I'm saying we don't need to come up with any more complicated a reason for us to know each other than the one that already exists. But if you want to play act newlyweds, feel free, just leave me out of it."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO Stress OOO (-2/-4/-6)

"That's a good question." Teresa has dressed fashionably for the heat and is watching the scenery from behind a very stylish pair of sunglasses. She leans back in the comfortable seat. "The simple truth is we don't know what we're looking for ahead of time. As such, I think we should simply cover as much of the city as possible to get a feel for what is going on. Keep an eye and an ear out for anything suspicious. Personally I think we should see the markets as well. And the religious sites. Government sites are a good idea as well."

Teresa pulls out her smartphone and syncs it with the AR display in her glasses. "Personally I'm going to the markets and shops first. If anyone would like to join me or needs anything I can pick up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO Stress OOO (-2/-4/-6)

Teresa smiles at Cecil. "Good! You can carry the bags." She gives Harriman a glance, then rolls her eyes behind her sunglasses. "We should rendezvous at the Western Wall, in the plaza there. It should be easy to find, and it's unlikely anyone will try to cause trouble there, and it's a natural place for any sort of tourist to want to go."

Once a rendezvous is agreed upon, whether at the Western Wall or elsewhere, she drags Skye off towards the markets.

• Locked thread