Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I've ever used the secondary weapons except the spears for the Centaurs.

Wait, no, I lied, I sometimes use the Wing weapons for the fliers you get later instead of the swords because they offer defensive bonuses, but I definitely never bothered using KNIVES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I only used spears for the ruins anyway!

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I seem to remember something I did really early on with Irene was to replace her glove with a claw since they did a bit more damage. I might be crazy and thinking of the monk you get later that starts off with the Cestus weapon type which is just awful.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Well, if you don't want to take the effort to do it when he shows up, you can always just use This and save yourself a good deal of time. :)

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
At least the reward for doing the next battle perfectly is worth it.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Get rid of Justin. I never had any luck with him.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
No, you do something else for him. You're thinking of Frank.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
You should just use the Save Editor to give yourself 20 Brave Apples for Penn, the Best Character. :colbert:

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure you can also put the Baby Dragon to sleep, which helps a lot with this stage. I forget which rod gives it, but one of them does. It also comes in handy a bit later with another boss you don't want to kill.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, you're about to get a great weapon for Synbios too, if I remember right. It also has one of the best (BEST) voice-acted lines in this game.

Rise... Phoenix. :geno:

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
My favorite thing about Murasame is one of his critical lines is just him screaming YOU LOSE! like Willy Wonka.

But yeah he's horrible, just get Kahn back in my opinion.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Penn useful because his supports give a Luck Bonus as well as something else? Well, useful in a relative sense.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Dealing with "it" the way you're planning to is really the only way to deal with the complete bullshit the game throws at you.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I'm happy you'll be moving on to the next game soon, because it's such an amazing step up in terms of graphical and general quality from this one.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I am pretty sure the archer you get in this game (who is technically a secret) is better than Hayward just because he gets slightly different access to some longer-range bows.

I think.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Let her live.

I like Produn and don't care much for the other one.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think there are any other really decent Saturn emulators out there. I can try and run your save file since I have it setup at home at the moment and I'm going through Scenario 3.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Shitenshi posted:

The other thing that sucks about this final battle is that Scenario 1's final battle had you releasing into a flood against your own kingdom on the sliver of a hope that you'll destroy an ancient monstrosity. Here it's just a big boring brown pile of poo poo on both ends with Garvin turning out to be the unholy love child of Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, and what makes it worse is that inside the tank, the music is just a constant loop of a 5-second Scenario 3 tune that happens when you personally attack some of the endgame bosses.

This really can't be stated enough. The music is so ear-ruiningly horrible. I had to mute my sound whenever I was fighting inside the tank because it was such poo poo.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

KataraniSword posted:

Oh lord, this is just painful all around, and I really hope Scenario 3 makes up for this trash. I'm so used to fans of the series treating Shining Force 3 like the holy grail of Shining Force games, but Scenario 2 here has just been brutal. It's like that sixteen year old GM at a tabletop game who refuses to let the game go anywhere but on HIS rails, common sense or logic be damned.

Domaric literally pulls a "you mad, bro?" and nobody calls him on it.

I won't spoil anything, but Scenario 3 is so much better than 2 that it's difficult to put it into words.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
This next battle is probably the hardest one in the entire series, in my opinion. It's such a pain in the rear end.

EDIT: AND IT HAS THAT HORRIBLE MUSIC TOO, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I would absolutely love to know what "Death Helen" is supposed to be.

• Locked thread