Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You guys are heartless.

True Heroes don't fail to save their allies, save Garosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Someone, and I don't care who, needs to become soulmates with Robby :roboluv:

So basically my vote is this:

Ardeem posted:

I vote that the non-Robbie archer with the lowest stats goes away.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
A-Team, let the mages do their thing.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Shiki Dan posted:

Being able to attack from 1-2 spaces away and use all 3 weapons of the weapon triangle would make an awesome unit...in Fire Emblem :v:

Even then though, you'd still most likely go for the units who do one thing really well then the all-rounder who does things poorly. lovely stats make for a lovely unit, sorry to say.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
"Land?"
"Did someone say land?"
"There's a light, that indicates a lighthouse, which could possibly mean land."

I don't why but that whole exchange got me. I mean, the whole script is incredibly repetitive but that one in particular made me giggle.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

AngryOlScotchCup posted:

I like enjoy how you're presently going about it, just take the time you need to refresh.

What part is it that really gets to you? Is it transcribing all of the dialogue? Doing the play by play of the battles? Both?

If it's transcribing, you could go the way that the SRW LP's go and just give a summary of what's being said, who's being a dick to who and whatnot and just give transcription for particularly important/funny/interesting bits of dialogue. Camelot games can get :words: as gently caress after all.

If it's the battles then I for one don't see the need to know all the details of every battle. I know Caphi about halfway through his SRW Z2 LP just started outright skipping the combat because it all became pretty samey towards the end. You could get away with just giving an outline of the grand strategy and then just telling us the highlights of the battles.

If you do go the video route, I'd still like it if the story sections was still mostly in screenshots, or at least had a transcription accompanying it so I could read at my own pace. Reading text in a video is a pain in the rear end because it's always either too fast, and I have to keep pausing the video, or too slow and I spend a lot of time sitting around waiting for the dialogue to advance.

If you're just really not feeling it anymore, it might be better to just abandon the LP altogether, maybe archive the first two scenarios or turn the LP over to someone else. It's not worth it if it's just going to be a burden on your life man. :shrug:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So was the Mercenary Boss a Bulzome Monk in disguise or... what exactly?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It's not just you, that scene was really cringey.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Stick with Kate, seeing as how you just got that shiny mithril arrow for her.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Okay, so first you've got to eliminate everyone but Edmund.

Then you go into the cave and get every treasure, but you have to let the thief escape

After that you've got to make sure that Edmund runs out of MP. It has to reach 0 exactly, you can't leave him with 1 or 2, so you may have to reset a few times to get this.

Once that's done you need to humiliate him by tanking his attacks, it's a little known fact that Edmund, and only Edmund, has an invisible durability count on his weapon, so you have to keep taking his attacks until it breaks. You'll know it's broken once he starts doing 0 damage.

From there you need to de-pants him, it should show up as an option for Gracia if you move him right next to Edmund.

Finally, you need to carve a pentagram on your Sega Saturn or PC or what have you and make a blood sacrifice in the name of Ba'al. Edmund should surrender on his next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Tough call, starting a new thread would probably get new readers and keep discussion up, but you're still taking over in the middle of Part 3 so you'd have to point people to this thread to, at the very least, read all of Inthesto's Part 3 posts so they can keep up.

• Locked thread