Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Justin has sucked for me the few times I've played Scenario 1, but since you have also decided to not train your other characters in their alternate ranged weapons (Spear special attacks are the best, by the way), I think it'd be good for you to give him a chance. Ditch Obright because Horst has the cooler hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bench Kahn for his screwup with the orb.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

inthesto posted:

There is a running pimento, but we won't get it until chapter 5, three battles from now. However, his MOV is a normal 5, unlike Guntz's horrific 4.

It's also worth noting that Ratchet has the ATTACK UP support, which is pretty drat valuable.

Also also worth noting: his voice clips are pretty amusing sometimes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Losem posted:

So quick question would anyone been interested in watching this streamed? I went out a bought a bunch of stuff with the intentions of streaming Dark Souls for my friends to laugh at me but it ended up being to easy so I didn't. I went through all that effort of learning and tweaking the settings so I might as well put it to some use. If there is any interest I wouldn't mind doing it, but I won't go past the LP.

Yes, with the caveat that you gotta be interacting with the chat in some fashion (voice or typing), and it might be good to try new characters or new character/weapon combinations, too.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

vibratingsheep posted:

Down with dorf, up with wolf

I support this vote.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The Ark Halberd is amazing and is a really good reason for any Halberdiers to get friendly with your wizards. When I tried replaying this about a year ago on my lovely laptop, I actually made both Dantares and Cybel use halberds, just so I could poo poo out more lightning.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Oh yeah, I forgot the other reason that having infinite free Spark 3 is awesome: it lets you build tons of friendships fast with the characters that can use them.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bench Horst

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

inthesto posted:

And while I'm typing up the final update, would people prefer to keep this thread for scenario 2, or start a new one? This one isn't terribly long, so it wouldn't get too unwieldy to keep everything to one thread, but at the same time scenario 2 is very much its own game and I'll probably whip up a new OP for it.

I'd say just keep it here, really. If anything, you could maybe PM a mod with a thread title change or something to reflect when you start Scenario 2.

Also congrats on completing Scenario 1.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

He's the Medion team's advisor, and I believe his name is Grantack.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Shining Force 3 Disc 2: Oh my gosh, he is so handsome.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

That there is one dull, brown mountain.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Let her live, because Medion is nice to the ladies.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Glazius posted:

It is interesting to have a ninja so early, but I wonder if she's actually going to be useful.

Given the versatility she already represents, the fact that she still has plenty of room for growth and friendship development, and inthesto's playstyle where he doesn't bother raising most classes' secondary ranged options, I imagine she will be quite useful.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I know you were asking about other emulator options before. Last time I looked, the only two real options were whatever build of SSF you can get working right and an emulator called Cassini, but I never got the latter working right when I was trying to play this game a couple years back.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

inthesto posted:

I've been playing around on insane difficulty, and frankly it really is insane. In the interest of not slowing down the updates, I'm going to keep the difficulty on standard, but this brings me to a question: would people be interest in a bonus runback where I go through the game again on insane? I'd probably do it as a live stream with edited versions stuck on YouTube since it's far less time consuming on my part.

I would be interested in it as long as it came after you finished the whole game proper. Alternately, maybe you could just do the premium disc stuff on Insane (if that has a difficulty setting at all, that is).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bloodly posted:

I don't know. Does it outright mention the Innovators? I've played the original Shining Force 1 and I don't remember anything like an 'orbital strike at will'. So you'll have to explain.

The GBA remake of the first game retconned some stuff, mostly concerning the origins of Max, Kane, and Darksol, part of which does explain why Max had a new magic spell in that game. It's not really tied to Innovators, though, as far as I recall.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Losem posted:

I don't think your time frame is right considering one of the characters you get in scenario 2.

As overly nerdy as this is, there are actually a few theories as to how that character fits into all the timelines (assuming I'm thinking of the one you're thinking of), and one of them has to do with Creed's Mansion from Shining Force 2 and halted or slowed aging.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Honestly, since you have a trio of Magic Support characters now, I think you should have to suffer with David in the active party, at least until a cooler penguin person comes along and joins the force.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I like Donhort's weird trident beard. Also Campbell's model has an awful face, looks like he has to crap or something.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Ardeem posted:

I vote that the non-Robbie archer with the lowest stats goes away.

I can get behind this.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I finally used Rhode once. He was pretty okay! His attack was poo poo but he was actually pretty survivable, so I was able to use him in positions where I wouldn't expose other, squishier archers.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Are the two characters to bench counting David? If so, David and Waltz, and if not, Waltz and Robby.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Does that include Robby still? If so, Robby and Waltz, and if not I don't care that much I guess.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Sweet, Scenario 2 is done, and soon we'll be moving into the Scenario with all the cool crazy units.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Donhort's triumphant evolution from lovely AI guest to dude who really hates the rear end in a top hat Empire is nice to see.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Dang, you saved the day only to get burned by a Sonic Friends reject and Crown Prince Hulk Hogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Scenario 3 truly is the reward for putting up with the shittiness of Scenario 2.

• Locked thread