Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMania
May 7, 2008

inthesto posted:

Poke around for the latest builds of SSF. I don't know if it's kosher to link emulators in here and it takes a bit of legwork to get things working (the translation patches actually have a few known crash points, so you have to do some clever disc swapping), but the game can be played reasonably well at this point.

SSF 12 beta worked for me, according to my notes I needed to use the JP version to get past the Fafhard cut scene and the fourth battle of Scenario II. I would recommend figuring out a way of hooking a gamepad up as well, it's pretty clunky with the keyboard.

Absolutely amazing game, you've already shown some stuff off I didn't know about so I'm looking forward to all of the little goodies you manage to find. And you should really try and refrain for using Escape, I've beaten all three scenarios on hard without using it until the veeery end of Scen III and it makes the game much more interesting. As Total Biscuit showed us, it doesn't take too many extra levels before you can just rush your guys forward and kill everything with counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMania
May 7, 2008
That was hilarious! I think the level tries to lull you into a false sense of security right until the point where the Lich shows up, so good job, Camelot. Still, there is no drat reason Kahn is controlled by the AI, that's probably the worst design decision in all three scenarios. At least if you screw up a ruins map it was your own fault (for not counting squares three turns in advance).

• Locked thread