Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Sounds like a normal Dantares to me

Yeah, everyone has bad memories of this fight, but honestly it would've been much easier to send Julian down the tracks to help Dantares rather than Synbios.
I'm pretty sure than even in Scenario 1 Julian still has a "leader" flag that makes him the highest priority target for all enemies. He also starts in a position much better to rush in than Synbios, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Low HP means he can't take hits, plus low agility means that faster characters can run circles around him and kill things quicker.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Glazius posted:

Julian getting one-shot by Galm was just kind of hilarious. It's odd that even the Bulzome people are frightened of him and what he might do.

The FINAL BOSSES of Shining The Holy Ark were afraid of Galm, and rightfully so.

One of the cool things about SF3 is the escalating level of badassness the game acclimates.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Oh god. I have no idea what this means in context of a SF3 LP, but this screenshot alone is enough to make me insist on voting in Murasame and his helpful support spells, and in turn bench Hagane for good.

Actually Hagane's Sleep will probably be much more useful for the rest of Scenario 1 than any of Murasame's spells.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Obright, Murasame, and Justin just because of the nature of the final battle and I'm giving you a break since this battle gave me so much trouble when I first played.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

David and Waltz

I want to see Robby go all the way, since I never bothered using the other slow, lovely robots in the series, and at least Robby having range makes up for his movement. Besides, SF3 is mostly a cakewalk with the right supports so consider being saddled with Robby your handicap for this run, kinda like TotalBiscuit forcing himself to train and use Penn.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Waltz and Jade the traitor can gently caress right off.

Medion's army is all about loyalty (to a fault) to your nation so they won't accept dirty traitors like Edmund or Jade

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

So what exactly are the limits to Pappets' charm ability?

Would it actually be able to work on a boss monster, like say the Baby Dragon?

I don't understand why they would introduce such a innovative mechanic to the SF series and then stuff it away to be used for only a handful of battles at the end of the game...yes, there's Scenario 3, but still...

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Being able to attack from 1-2 spaces away and use all 3 weapons of the weapon triangle would make an awesome unit...in Fire Emblem

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

HALF-sister?

Uh-oh, I've played enough JRPGs to not like where this is heading...

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Glazius posted:

So is there any stat you can pump to avoid getting nailed by a critical strike like Regret Hit? Or is that just pure RNG on the enemy part?

The "Succumb" effect from friendship with the Centaur knight class specifically lowers the chance of the enemy triggering a critical.
In fact, it's the ONLY thing it does.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

As fitting as it would be to let Harold finish off his old man, I'm voting Kate because Brass Gunners suck and will always suck.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Since the conversation seems to feature Donhort, perhaps he needs to be the one to deliver the final blow to Edmund?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

"Obright" is probably a transliteration of (Gary) Albright:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Albright

Fun Fact: Gary Albright teamed in Japan with "Wolf Hawkfield", an actual wrestler based wholesale off the Virtua Fighter character.
Another crossover Sega connection...

• Locked thread