Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

Have some broken portraits in there.

Also, are you using the retranslation of scenario 1? You probably mentioned somewhere whether you were or not, but I'm feeling lazy. Dunno if it changed anything in this particular conversation, but it did strive to get rid of most of the bad localization, particularly that which contradicts the later games.

Also, I may just be lucky, but basically every time I've played scenario 1 Synbios has ended up a complete beast who can tank and give no fucks doing so while also dealing good damage.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2014 around 17:50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

inthesto posted:

I honestly don't know much about it beyond Julian being a throwaway NPC in Shining the Holy Ark with an allusion to the fact that Galm killed his father. If somebody more knowledgeable than myself is willing to do a write-up, I'll gladly stick it in the OP.

I don't think there is really much more to it than that, Galm killed Julian's father 10 years ago, Julian swore revenge and became a mercenary to find Galm and get revenge.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

geri_khan posted:

You know, I've never seen Justin be useful, but you seemed to have implied that it's possible.

So if you think you can make something of Justin, ditch Horst. If not, ditch Justin.

I've never seen Justin be particularly useful per say, but another archer is never a bad thing in my opinion, and is frankly more useful than another slow dwarf. Ditch Horst.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

KataraniSword posted:

If summons exist in this game, does that mean eventually we'll be getting Sorcerors of our own, or are they stuck as just weapon-granted spells here?

Also, we can't get rid of Ratchet this quickly after we dropped 15k on his flimsy rear end. Let's get rid of Dorf #2 instead. I can't even remember his name.

Just weapon spells until Chapter 2, when we get a Spirit Magician/Summoner character

Bye Ratchet, hello Hagane

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

Glazius posted:

I do like that the Elbesem Orb is still useful. ...I don't like that they don't tell you, you just start doing poo poo damage to Fiale and figure it's just because he's a boss.

A couple updates ago posted:

Kahn: You're giving me this. With this, we should be able to destroy the barrier of the Bulzome high priest.

They do say to use it to get rid of his barrier.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

Well, while I'm not sure any of the archers in this game quite reach the prominence of Hayward, the archers who are not bow knights in this scenario are still pretty decent. Bow knights seem pretty universally bad in sf3 in my experience though.

Plus, the +critical chance support all archers provide is pretty awesome, since we saw how ridiculous critical hits get in this game.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at Apr 29, 2014 around 14:47

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

One thing I like about this series, that will become even more I obvious in game 3 unless I'm misremembering, is the overarching story where they seem to be attempting to change the past by altering the fates of 3 pivotal characters. I should check this, but I believe the outro to this game and intro to the next three wizard and faerie seem to be getting increasingly desperate about the fact that even by changing synbios's and medion's destinies it wasn't enough to change the final outcome.

alcharagia posted:

Wait, is Medion a silent protagonist in Scenario 2?

Yes, just as synbios was in scenario 1. He is just making up lines for them in scenes we don't see the other side of.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at Apr 30, 2014 around 00:32

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

inthesto posted:

The basic outline is that he first two chapters are going to be Medion following around Synbios until the end of Synbios' chapter 3 (fight versus Garzel and Edmund). After that, Medion fucks off and does his own thing which really has nothing to do anything until scenario 3.

That isn't quite true, Medion's final chapter once again lines up with Synbios's final chapter pretty well. But really, when you think about it I don't think Medion's middle chapters are as out of place as you claim. It has a couple purposes that are important to the overall story that kind of parallel those of Synbios, discovering more about the cult and vandals, and what is going on with the empire

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

I sent you a PM a little while back with the offer to pick up where you left off in scenario 3 so that this game can finally be finished if you were unable to continue for technical issues. Or I suppose I could just start a new Scenario 3 thread.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

Ok, inthesto is going to send me the save file he is using for this LP. I could use my own, but using his will make it so we don't have any weird paradoxes of changes made in the past suddenly being different. Do people have any opinion on me continuing on this thread vs starting a new thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 30, 2011

Vae Victus

I mean, I could restart scenario 3 completely, but it seems a waste to retread what inthesto has already done.

• Locked thread