Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Produn uses Swords, Spears and Tomahawks.

Spare Stella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

I'd say continue this thread, myself.

By the way, is anyone still interested in a write up on Shining the Holy Ark's plot?

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

The write up ended up being a bit longer than I thought; I've put a shortened version below; under a spoiler bar in case anyone would prefer to avoid Shining the Holy Ark spoilers, nothing from Shining Force 3 is spoiled. If anyone wants to see the full write-up, I put it up on the Test Poster

A thousand years ago, the Creator of the world endowed Spirits, the origin of all power, to certain individuals. These people became Innovators, and founded a kingdom, known as the Thousand-Year Kingdom, based on ideals of justice and peace. People lived happy lives in this kingdom, but eventually became greedy and took their lifestyles for granted. This upset the Innovators, and corrupted them into becoming Vandals. The Vandal was a brutal ruler, under him, people lived in misery, and the Spirits stopped being granted to people. Eventually, a mysterious power from beyond the sky destroyed the kingdom, forcing the Vandal to flee. The High Priest of the Thousand-Year Kingdom, foreseeing a time when the Vandal would rise again to revive their kingdom, with the only hope of stopping the Vandal being three Spirit imbued heroes, two male, and one female created a hall of murals below Enrich Castle, before fleeing to a different world, one where time does not exist, with several citizens of the Thousand-Year Kingdom.

Some years before the game takes place, the murals left by the High Priest are translated by the Chancellor of Enrich, Sabato, whom immediately starts preparations; he awakens Galm, to find out more information about the Thousand-Year Kingdom. Having no desire to see the Thousand-Year Kingdom revived, and wanting to know the Creators plan for the world, Galm agrees to help Sabato.

As predicated, Rilix, a weak Vandal, and Panzer, who is the son of a human woman and Galm join forces to revive the Thousand-Year Kingdom; Rilix forces Sabato out of the position of Chancellor, and has the King of Enrich possessed by an evil spirit, before hiring the mercenaries, Arthur, Melody and Forte to hunt for the Ninja Rodi, who has been selected as one of three heroes to receive a Spirit. Sabato also hires two mercenaries, Lisa and Basso, and sends them to aid Rodi.

Rilix and Panzer attack the ship carrying the Holy Ark, a vessel which contains the corruption required to restore the Thousand-Year Kingdom, and the three Spirits, forcing the Spirits to flee in an escape pod containing the Ark.

Arthur, Melody and Forte track down Rodi in an abandoned mine, but the Spirit's escape pod crashes into the mine, causing a cave-in. Forte is possessed by an evil spirit, and the three Spirits possess Arthur, Melody and Rodi.

Arthur, Melody and Rodi make their way to Enrich Castle to save Forte, encountering Lisa and Basso on the way, only to find that they can't kill the evil spirits possessing the King and Forte without killing the hosts. Sabato sends them off to meet Galm for advice.

The three meet Galm, who in turns sends them off to find three Sacred Treasures, each located in a different shrine, with the first Sacred Treasure, the Sacred Sword, having the power to kill the evil spirits without harming their hosts.

The sword is retrieved, and the party manage to defeat the evil spirits and Rilix, whom is rescued by Panzer before the team can kill her. Rilix and Panzer leave for the mine, where the Holy Ark currently is. Following the battle with Rilix, Sabato tells the party to find the other two Sacred Treasures so they can pass the gateway to the world where the High Priest of the Thousand-Year Kingdom still resides, the only one who can release the true power of the Spirits inhabiting Arthur, Melody and Rodi.

While the team are on their journey, they meet a young Julian in Enrich town. Julian is looking for his father, who has been missing after going to Galm's mansion on a treasure hunt. Eventually, someone goes to mansion looking for Julian's father, only to find bits of partially devoured flesh strewn around the mansion. A friend of Julian's father takes Julian in, vowing that he will raise Julian to be the best mercenary ever, in memory of his father.

The party meet the High Priest, and, after a warning that the Spirit's power can be used for evil just as easily as it can good, he performs the Evolution ceremony to release the Spirits power, turning Arthur, Melody and Rodi into Innovators, but during the ceremony the High Priest realises that the Spirit's wish to return to the Holy Ark.

With the new spells granted during the Evolution ceremony, the party are able to break through the mystical barrier the Vandals put up in the mine to stop anyone disturbing them as they open the Ark, and release the corruption within. The team find Rilix and Panzer just as the Ark is about to open, Rilix fights the party again, but loses, and this time is killed. The Ark opens a fraction after Rilix is killed, and, at Galm's goading, Panzer jumps into the Ark, which turns him into a monster. Panzer is also killed, and two of the Spirits return to the Ark, leaving one of the three still imbued their Spirit, though no one knows which one still holds the Spirit.

The party are given a reward by the King, and offered positions in the Enrich army, which most (all?) of the team decline. After saying goodbye to the rest of the team, Arthur leaves Enrich permanently, alone.

• Locked thread