Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

On the list of things that shining force 3 got wrong should be the absolutely horrific voices for the english version. I get the feeling that there's some kind of untold story of how the localization team could have hosed up *this* badly when casting voices: http://shiningforceacting.ytmnd.com/.

FireSight posted:

For the love of god, let me know what emulator you found that WORKS.

I've been trying to play SF3 for YEARS, I even own physical copies in japanese (but sadly lack a working Saturn because nobody SELLS working ones... bastards). Hell, I'm working on a game design degree just to try and revive the Strategy RPG genre, with the SF series as one of my main inspirations.

SSF is definitely the gold standard for me when it comes to Saturn emulation, it's pretty much flawless now for any Saturn game that you would want to play although it might be kind of finicky to get going. There's also Yabause that somewhat recently had a release (1/23/2013) but I haven't personally used it so I don't know how well it compares.

edit:

DeliciousCookie posted:

Huh, do you have any documentation on getting SSF to work? I've also been trying to figure out a way to play this game for years. Also excited to see this LP just in case I never do get to play it myself.
shining force central's site has a guide on setting up SSF that you can use as a starting point if it doesn't work right off the bat for you.

staplegun fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Thank you for breaking the LP curse on Shining Force 3 Scenario 1. This makes me feel like channeling the spirit of GameQuoter:

• Locked thread